1. Feb. 2015, 23:21 von boredstiff-
18. Jun. 2010, 22:06 von LethalityDrawde
27. Feb. 2010, 17:16 von xpowerviolencexLast.FM Milestones5000th track: (14 Apr 2005)
Green River - Track 1
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/33479815.jpg10000th track: (06 Sep 2005)
Reggie and the Full Effect - The Fuck Stops Here
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/56756.jpg15000th track: (11 Nov 2005)
Reagan Youth - Acid Rain
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/13995705.jpg20000th track: (27 Dec 2005)
Another Breath - Truth in the Television
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/2429115.jpg25000th track: (31 Mar 2006)
Outspoken - Burning
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/36111143.jpg30000th track: (06 Aug 2006)
Shelter - In the Van Again
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/64018315.jpg35000th track: (29 Jan 2007)
Inside Out - Burning Fight
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/415773.jpg40000th track: (07 Apr 2007)
Righteous Jams - Small Fish
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/187211.jpg45000th track: (27 Dec 2007)
Pointing Finger - Admission
20. Feb. 2010, 7:32 von Khanatist? ..
What is THAT supposed to mean, again?
Hear, hear. Not only did that Khanatist guy not even bother to come up with a proper Top 50 year list, as he traditionally used to all the years before - well, how could you, if all you scrobble in one goddamn year is the latest fail in the wobbling excuse for a genre called dubstep - he also missed the deadline for decade lists by WEEKS and now tries to hand one in later with the obviousness of an obvious troll! Hell, the 10's are almost over, I gotta be kidding, right?
This wasn't easy for me. I've done this list thing before, more than once, and have my music sorted pretty well (pedantically, actually); no, I had to struggle with something else.
It's just so deeply emotionally affecting.
My active passion for music started in the year 2000, or at least my attempts to look beyond the things which get played on the radio and on TV. (There were milestones before; I could drop names such as Kate Bush…
8. Jan. 2010, 17:41 von logbutYeah... I hate doing those best of whatever year lists; i can never remember what came out that year or not. The end of the decade has, however, let me realize how many awesome records came out in the last ten years. fuck putting them in order, and whittling it down to 10 or even 50, I'm no good at that. Just be happy they are alphabetized by artist.
Many of these records are basically what made me who I am today. I tried to keep it at one album per artist, though I think there is 1 or 2 exceptions to that rule. Oh yeah I also chose to leave out collections and reissues, only stuff that has been recorded between 2000 and 2009. enjoy.
Against Me! - Reinventing Axl Rose
This record really helped energize a whole scene into being creative and energetic again. Say what you want about them now, but this record is still fresh and fun and uplifting to me every time I put it on. When this came out they sounded like they could take over the world, but few people actually expected them too. …
18. Okt. 2009, 18:53 von mjlilguiBecause I've basically saved every song I've ever collected in my long life of music listening, I figured it would be fun to compile CD length playlists containing songs that best represent my music taste at various stages in my life. What's interesting is that there are very few bands that I used to listen to that I now say are terrible. It seems like my tastes haven't exactly changed; I've merely added new genres and bands to my collection, and I still listen to artists that I rocked out to as a wee youngin. See what you think of my former selves, and sound off on which one's taste sucks the most if you want. It's all kosher here.
Age 13 (When I was an awkward, fat teenager)
Beastie Boys - Intergalactic
The Beatles - Maxwell's Silver Hammer
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper
Collective Soul - The World I Know
Dave Matthews Band - What Would You Say
Kent - Things She Said
Meja - All About the Money
Mikael Wiehe - Flickan och Krakan
Oasis - Wonderwall
Robbie Williams - Millenium
11. Okt. 2009, 19:07 von KaeroO
6. Aug. 2009, 0:18 von teecaneSo, I've been on a screamo kick for the last couple weeks. At least I think it's been a couple weeks. My sense of time has just gotten more and more fucked up this summer.
I just found out about Saetia, you know, maybe two and a half months ago. Since I started using my account again, the better part of a year now, and especially since I joined get rad, in April I think, I've really taken a more active role in the breadth of my own horizons. Twee was something good that came of that (not that I have a very good sense of it yet), and a lot of "rad" bands that I kind of had to listen to several times to appreciate, but most naturally Cougar in the Workplace.
So, like I was saying, I found out about Saetia a couple months ago, and sometime after that, Ariadne's Thread, a great band. I just love the former's sound, even if they are a little young; since then, I've discovered that the elements most important to me are loud-soft dynamics, screamy vocals, melody/melodicness…
15. Jun. 2009, 16:33 von Charactarantu1alimiting it to one album per artist, just to keep things more interesting.
1. Burial - Untrue (2007)
2. The Mars Volta - Amputechture (2006)
3. Animal Collective - Feels (2005)
4. Sigur Rós - ( ) (2002)
5. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven (2000)
6. Battles - Mirrored
7. Converge - Jane Doe (2001)
8. Explosions in the Sky - The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place (2003)
21. Apr. 2009, 10:22 von xgayaxYou know the rules! Good playlist, shuffle, copy song title and paste "in My Pants" behind it. Make your favorites bold.
1. United Nations - Filmed In Front of A Live Studio Audience in my Pants
2. HORSE the band - The Immense Defecation of the Buntalluffigus in My Pants
3. Orchid - Snow Delay At The Frankfurt School in My Pants
4. Emmure - When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong in My Pants
5. At the Drive-In - Rolodex Propaganda in My Pants
6. From a Second Story Window - I Tried Voodoo Once in My Pants
7. HORSE the band - Werepizza in My Pants
8.The Devil Wears Prada - You Can't Spell Crap Without "C" in My Pants
9. Genghis Tron - Ergot (Relief) in My Pants
10. Bury Your Dead - The Outsiders in My Pants
11. Arsonists Get All The Girls - Claiming Middle Age A Decade Early in My Pants
12. From a Second Story Window - Soft Green Fields in My Pants
13. The Appleseed Cast - A Fate Delivered in My Pants
14. See You Next Tuesday - 8 Dead, 9 If You Count The Fetus in My Pants