1. Jan. 2011, 3:10 von Vldmrhrnndz
13. Jun. 2010, 10:22 von UnraveledStar1. How did you get into 29? Alela Diane
Seeing her perform at an instore in 2007 when she was promoting
The Pirate's Gospel
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? David Bowie
Life on Mars?
3. What's your favorite lyric by 33? Elliott Smith
Pretty (Ugly Before)
"Is it destruction that you're required to feel?. Like somebody wants you/someone that's more for real"
4. How did you get into 49? Jens Lekman
Just by chance really, I think I just liked the cover of Oh You're So Silent Jens and ended up really liking him.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? Sufjan Stevens 7
A Sun Came, Michigan, Seven Swans, Illinois, All Delighted People, Age Of Adz
6. What is your favorite song by 50? Alanis Morissette
Alot of the stuff that is on Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie especially Joining You, That I Would Be Good, I Was Hoping
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? The Decemberists
Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect always makes me feel somewhat…
22. Jul. 2009, 0:24 von xairin1.Why are you taking yet another shuffle quiz?
My Spirit Will Go On
//... and with it my will to take these quizzes!
2.What's currently in your fridge?
// Just in case they go bad before they are answered.
3.Your biggest nightmare?
Last One Standing
//Being alone is scary!
4.What place would you like to visit?
//...in that place. Wherever that happens to be.
5.A reason to commit suicide?
// You know, the world after its over? Not a fun place apparently...
6.Why are we here?
// If I can't defy you, life wouldn't be worth it. ^^;
7.Something you never dared to say to anyone...?
Who Is It
// Because knowing peoples names scares me....
8.One thing the world really doesn't need?
Robot Rock / Oh Yeah
// That really is quite a controversial subject. Robots are pretty hyped up in music scene culture. But then again... maybe the rest of the world doesn't need their rock.
21. Jan. 2008, 21:54 von HedwigsInTheBox01. How did you get into #31 (Nine Inch Nails)?
I'd heard Head Like a Hole on the radio one night before bed as a child and it never left me. Years later, with the handy invention of the household computer, I looked it up.
02. What was the first song you ever heard by #22 (The Beatles)?
Uh, it's The Beatles, people. Aren't we all raised on them? Hell if I remember.
03. What's your favorite lyric by #41 (Kate Bush)?
See all the lyrics to This Woman's Work.
04. What is your favourite album by #49 (Animal Collective, Flyleaf)?
Well, Flyleaf only has one, but for Animal Collective I'd say Sung Tongs.
05. How many albums by #13 (Antony and the Johnsons) do you own?
Two. Antony and the Johnsons & I Am a Bird Now.
06. What is your favourite song by #50?
I don't have a #50!
07. Is there a song by #4 (Regina Spektor) that makes you sad?
Oh yes! So many. Off the top of my head I'll say Chemo Limo and Field Below.
13. Dez. 2007, 21:19 von redhaloI went to my dashboard and was pleasantly surprised to find all 15 of my friends just listened spots occupied with "just listened"... again! Second time I've seen this in the year and four months that I've been here!
They have been chosen as contestants in my 10 Tracks - The Sequel contest. Only two returning contenders... aangen (previous score 30) and jimbarton84 (previous score 26). None of the original finalists are repeat contenders!
Link to original 10 Tracks Contest journal.
Fear not there is no physical activity on your part involved. All you have to do is hope the first ten songs played on your radio score enough points to achieve the highest score.
Artists will be rated based on my top 500 artists as such:
Artists that appear between 1 and 100 will be given 10 points
Artists that appear between 101 and 200 will be given 7 points
Artists that appear between 201 and 300 will be given 5 points
Artists that appear between 301 and 400 will be given 3 points
15. Sep. 2007, 16:11 von tippex79A bit belated, but I thought I'd write up a quick review of the Regina Spektor gig I went to just over a week ago (Fri 7 Sep – Regina Spektor, Eugene McGuinness).
Ignoring the support (I'd seen him a couple of weeks before with Rilo Kiley and was decidedly unimpressed), we took our seats a couple of minutes before Regina Spektor took to the stage. The newly refurbished Royal Festival Hall looks very nice inside and out and the acoustics are excellent (as they should be really). I'm really looking forward to my next trip there to see The Decemberists.
Looking at the stage set-up I was pleased to see that it was just going to be Regina solo with no backing band - the only time I'd seen her before she'd been assisted by a backing band of drums, bass and guitar, who appeared completely superfluous to proceedings. They weren't missed (although I'm sure Regina will benefit from some accompaniment at times, they need to be utilised a bit better so that they're actually adding something to the performance).
7. Jul. 2007, 0:56 von cherrybomb_138I've been having fun with the playlist feature on itunes recently. Here are 2 that I've come up with that I like, the second one will probably undergo preening in the future, not that you care, but whatever.
1. Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois
Angel in the Snow
4. From the Morning
5. Field Below
6. Back to the Old House
7. The Last Beat Of My Heart
8. Pink Moon
9. Stay Awake
1. Another Time
2. The Avalanche
3. Just Like Honey
4. Things Behind the Sun
5. Miss Misery (Early Version)
7. Are You a Hypnotist??
11. Das Lied Von Einsanen Madchens
12. Tonight, Tonight
13. In Heaven
14. Apr. 2007, 20:06 von autumnlove21I, again, deleted the iScrobbler, so yeah that is why there are no new songs listed. I've also been a bit too busy to re download it.
I have been in love with so many songs recently, here is just a short list of the song and singer/band.
Say It Right
Like a Boy
I Believe in Love
84,000 Different Delusions
As you can see my musical taste are all very different but as I seen Justin Timberlake say on "Extra" theres two kinds of music good and bad, and I enjoy good music.
I've also heard one of Tori Amos new songs, "Bouncing Off Clouds", its really good! I can't wait for the new album.
3. Apr. 2007, 7:45 von fading_fastName your top 10 most played bands on Last.fm..
2. Zero 7
3. Regina Spektor
4. Ryan Adams
5. The Rakes
6. José González
7. Led Zeppelin
8. Snow Patrol
9. Jeff Buckley
10. John Mayer
And then answer 13 questions about them..
1. What was the first song you heard of 6?
"Heartbeats". Someone had posted the BRAVIA commerical on an LJ community and I found the song absolutely breaktaking. Still probably one of my top favs by him.
2. What is your favourite lyric that 5 has sung?
"Please shut up and try and sound confident
In a crap job when your minicourse is done"
-- "Work, Work, Work (Pub, Club, Sleep)
3. What is your favourite song by 7?
Either "Ramble On" for the sole fact it's about Lord of the Rings or "Friends" because I love the guitar and orchestra.
4. Is there a song of 3 that makes you sad?
Uhm, well not exactly since most of her songs have an upbeatness to them but surprisingly…
31. Mär. 2007, 18:08 von heydigitalRules:
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
man, some of these are actually pretty embarrassing. =x
1. in a dream that I can't seem to shake, she is standing alone
A Mess to Be Made
2. the shankill butchers ride tonight
3. I'm scared when I'm at home, in my apartment on my own
4. yeah that's right, it's time to set the record straight
Time For Livin'
5. I'm missing your bed, I never sleep
6. we come from the land of the ice and snow
7. and even though I told her of the danger, she went ahead and did it anyway
8. oh, whatcha gonna do Katie? you're a sweet sweet girl, but it's a cruel cruel world