1. Mär. 2014, 9:09 von dreamer4ever7
21. Nov. 2012, 19:56 von VirtualKillerSince some events are deleted over the time here on last.fm or not listed because the events were at private and / or not official places, I decided to list all events I've visited in this post too. As far as I remember them ...
Last Update: 31 MAY 15 || Total: 54o
Concert World Map
2o15 – 26
3o MAY – Leipzig, OSE
3o MAY – Leipzig, Täubchenthal
★★★★★+ (for Esben and the Witch)
★★★★★ (for Micronaut)
Micronaut, Esben and the Witch, Ball Park Music
16 MAY – Leipzig, UT Connewitz
Phantom Winter, Radare, Sun Worship, BLCKWVS
15 MAY – Leipzig, Meuterei
14 MAY – Berlin, Admiralspalast
1o MAY – Dresden, Scheune
★★★★☆ (for dälek)
o8 MAY – Leipzig, UT Connewitz
Jakob, Blackburst, Creams
o6 MAY – Berlin, Friedrichstadt-Palast
3o APR – Leipzig, UT Connewitz
White Hills, Black Salvation
7. Aug. 2011, 20:47 von VirtualKiller
23. Apr. 2011, 8:15 von Coffinwood_MillAfter much pestering, I've relented. Hope you folks are happy. Here is my Best In Indie / Misc. 2010 list.
Those who are actually interested, feel free to comment, criticize, and suggest any albums that you may have heard that I might have missed in any genre. Also, feel free to post your fave albums of 2010. There are so many great albums out there that it's impossible to hear them all.
I'm open to any listening suggestions!
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/Coffinwood_Mill/bullet-black.jpgAlso, if you are interested in other genres of music aside from those covered in this journal, feel free to visit my other journal entries covering the Best of Heavy Metal (link) and Neofolk / Martial / Neoclassical / Etc.(link) in 2010.
21. Apr. 2011, 11:01 von Coffinwood_MillAfter much pestering, I've relented. Hope you folks are happy. Here is my Best In Neofolk / Martial Industrial / Etc. 2010 list. I've refrained from writing reviews for this material, as I just couldn’t be bothered this year. My apologies.
Those who are actually interested, feel free to comment, criticize, and suggest any albums that you may have heard that I might have missed in neofolk, martial, neoclassical, dark ambient, or power electronic genres. Also, I encourage readers to post their Best of 2010 lists as well. There are so many things out there these days that I know I missed a great multitude of things.
I'm open to any listening suggestions!
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/Coffinwood_Mill/bullet-black.jpgAlso, if you are interested in other genres of music aside from those covered in this journal, feel free to visit my other journal entries covering the Best of Heavy Metal (link) and Indie / Misc. (link) in 2010.
31. Dez. 2010, 22:07 von hafssol1. Beach House - Teen Dream (Sub Pop)
2. John Grant - Queen Of Denmark (Bella Union)
3. Peter Broderick - How They Are (Bella Union)
4. Loscil - Endless Falls (Kranky)
5. Klima - Serenades & Serinettes (Second Language)
6. Balmorhea - Constellations (Western Vinyl)
7. The Bear That Wasn't - And So It Is Morning Dew (Pias)
8. Murralin Lane - Our House Is On The Wall (12k)
9. Part Timer - Real To Reel (Lost Tribe Sound)
10. Lone Wolf - The Devil & I (Bella Union)
11. Sufjan Stevens - All Delighted People Ep (Asthmatic Kitty)
12. Agnes Obel - Philharmonics (Pias)
13. Hey Marseilles - To Travels And Trunks (Onto Entertainment)
14. Kele Goodwin - Hymns (Hush)
15. Lady Space - Long Lost In A Twilight Head (Reverb Worship)
16. Small Town Boredom - Notes From The Infirmary (Trome)
17. Dylan LeBlanc - Paupers Field (Rough Trade)
18. Sun Kil Moon - Admiral Fell Promises (Caldo Verde)
19. Sophie Hutchings - Becalmed (Preservation)
30. Dez. 2010, 15:32 von Quicksand227- Favourite albums:
1. Massive Attack - Heligoland
2. Bonobo - Black Sands
3. Valgeir Sigurðsson - Draumalandið
I bought this album right after the phenomenal Whale Watching Tour (Ben Frost | Nico Muhly | Sam Amidon | Valgeir Sigurðsson with Una Sveinbjarnardóttir & Borgar Magnason) concert in Berlin.
Draumalandið is the soundtrack to an icelandic documentary about the exploitation of Iceland's natural resources of the same name.
Amongst others, the score features Valgeir's collaborators and Bedroom Community labelmates Ben Frost, Sam Amidon and Nico Muhly.
This leads to a very wide instrumentarium (for example, combining electronic sounds with hauting string sections and banjo) while still managing to keep a coherent overall sound.
25. Dez. 2010, 17:26 von bendingtreePausing to recall 10 memorable releases this year…
1. Joanna Newsom : Have One on Me
You would think three discs worth of songs about love would make for a tiresome listen, but somehow “Have One On Me” never falls short of captivating. Much of the album’s success is due to Newsom’s growing skill as a storyteller: her tales spring to life with an exuberant array of all sorts of vibrant images—just take a look at the cover art, for example. I love words, and you can tell that Newsom loves them too, but perhaps even more than this, you can tell she loves each and every thing her words represent. And this inevitably brings us back around to the central subject of love: it’s everywhere on this record, proving that there truly is no other subject so manifold, so universal, and so deserving of endless devotion.
23. Dez. 2010, 2:48 von VGoRiLLaZhttp://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg214/vgorillaz/2010%20-%20The%20Year%20In%20Music/GOTOVO.png
2010 was an undeniably great year for music. There was the birth of \\/\\/|†©|•| |•|Ωµ§∑ genre (oh, having troubles reading that? No worries, that just means you're not cool enough for the Wi†ch House standards. Get on the b∆ndw∆gon, all you non-▼ n00bz). Nicki Minaj fiiinally got recognition she rightfully deserves; after all, she IS the best female MC, not to mention the fact that she's, just, like, out there, with that in-your-face style, and that 15 year old, gay, Brazillian boys with their shirtless pics as their Last.fm avatars cream on her fashion sense and her general wackiness. Then, there was Ke$ha's rise to fame and her claiming the top spot on Last.fm's Best of 2010 list. I just love that dirty ol' poetic $lut.
Now, on a serious note, this was genuinely a very, very good year for music in general. Loads of great albums, some brilliant new artists emerged, some utterly amazing covers and songs…
19. Feb. 2009, 15:51 von pleasestopmeПростите, но рано или поздно я должен был это сделать.
Top Album 2008 с краткими комментариями:
1. Black Mountain "In the Future".
Классная и мощная запись могла быть с тем же успехом записана где-нибудь в начале семидесятых. Возможно, так было бы лучше.
2. Brian Wilson “That Lucky Old Sun”.
Поп-музыка, какой она должна быть. А Вилсон, как будто и не постарел вовсе.
3. Fleet Foxes "Fleet Foxes".
Американский фолк-рок в лучших его традициях.
4. No Age "Nouns".
Нойз-поп (более нойз, чем поп) с грязным гаражным звучанием и элементами гитарного эмбиента. Громко и плохо записано. Всё, как я люблю!
5. The Autumn Leaves "Long Lost Friend".
Запоминающиеся мелодии, отличные аранжировки, всё как полагается. Очень хороший инди-поп.