27. Nov. 2009, 12:23 von arakha
1. Aug. 2009, 5:55 von HalfjillLooked at my Top 30 Artists and then answered these questions. Edit: Just copied the questions somewhere and now recognized that question 17 is missing out...
1. How did you get into 29?
I just heard one little songs somewhere ( The Pipettes - Judy ) and I knew I had to buy the record...
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
The Shins - So Says I
3. How many albums by 13 do you own?
Cat Power: I own 2 albums.
4. What is your favourite song by 15?
Ryan Adams - Let It Ride
5. What is your favourite song by 5?
Regina Spektor - Oedipus
6. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy?
Cold War Kids - We Used to Vacation
7. What is your favourite song by 10?
Feist - Mushaboom
8. What is a good memory you have involving 30?
Sufjan Stevens: I actually can'r remember a specific memory conected to Sufjan Stevens but only many moments I listend to his songs for I adore his storytelling.
9. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy?
Kate Nash - Birds
17. Jul. 2008, 12:38 von Terje1985So, Ane Brun played at MoldeJazz yesterday, and as a fairly big fan, I was obviously there. Before the concert started I felt some trepidation, as it was a double concert, where both Ane Brun and Patti Smith would play the same stage the same evening, pretty much one just after the other, and I feared that if Patti Smith were to play first, Ane Brun would have one hell of a job to top Patti.
Luckily, the festival people aren't utter fools, so Ane got to play first. Unfortunately, the weather was rather shitty, with a cold wind coming in from the North Sea to the west, blowing with it quite a lot of rain. Additionally, the stage at Romsdalsmuseet was somewhat too big for her, as her songs fit much better on more intimate stages. I imagine that Bjørnsonhuset or the basement of Kulturhuset would have fit her better, but there it was. She's currently one of Norway's most famous and best-selling musicians, so MoldeJazz has had her as one of their main attractions.
5. Apr. 2008, 10:05 von ToxicAbiName your top 10 artists on last.fm:
01. The Cranberries
02. Courtney Love
03. The Smashing Pumpkins
06. Liga Quintana
09. PJ Harvey
Now answer the questions according to the numbers:
What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
What is your favorite album of 2?
If we count those she made with Hole, Celebrity Skin. If not, by now she only has America's Sweetheart
What is your favorite lyric that 5 has sung?
Buuuuf!!!! There are lots of them
"When the glitter fades in morning/ turn away and you will find my empty eyes/ your beauty blinds" (Boys On The Radio)
"If the world is so wrong/ yeah you can -fuck- them all with one song" (Awful)
"How are you so burnt/ when you're barely on fire?" (Malibu)
"And the sky was all violet/ I want it again/ But Violent, more violent/ yeah, I'm the one with no soul/ one above and one below" (Violet)
25. Dez. 2007, 17:20 von ilovegaymen314
27. Aug. 2007, 20:03 von ilovegaymen314since I've reached 10,000 plays...
1. Tori Amos
First song heard: Smells Like Teen Spirit
Favorite song: can't pick one. Pretty Good Year, Virginia, Father Lucifer, Hey Jupiter, Cooling...
Song with highest position on charts: Girl Disappearing
2. Kate Bush
First song heard: Wuthering Heights
Favorite song: Cloudbusting
Song with highest position on charts: Houdini
First song heard: Stars
Favorite song: I Hate It Too
Song with highest position on charts: I Hate It Too
4. PJ Harvey
First song heard: The Whores Hustle and the Hustlers Whore
Favorite song: The Dancer
Song with highest position on charts: Angelene
First song heard: Play Dead
Favorite song: Pagan Poetry
Song with highest position on charts: Unravel
6. Elliott Smith
First song heard: Needle in the Hay
Favorite song: Between the Bars
Song with highest position on charts: Pitseleh
7. Sufjan Stevens
First song heard: Niagara Falls
27. Feb. 2007, 22:20 von MysticalChickenThe Dancer contains my most favorite line of any song ever:
"He said 'Dance for me franciulla gentil.'"
30. Nov. 2006, 14:15 von dylan_jukebox