31. Dez. 2014, 11:47 von Music-Ninja
28. Okt. 2013, 23:26 von eucaine
21. Mär. 2012, 6:29 von SometimeWorldStill just brainstorming for a bigger thing.
#10 Main Source - Breaking Atoms
I fought with myself to slide "Madvillainy" or "Black On Both Sides" into this number 10 spot. But as much as I love the both of those I guess I'm just a sucker for the classic 90's sound found on this album and the nine that follow it. Kicking the list off is this classic from one of my personal favourite beat-makers, Large Professor. He just has a way with what he does that is just classic. The highlight for me being "Vamos A Rapair", with it's funky ass beat. Whenever I pull this one out I have vivid memories of watching through The Wire for the first time. Must have been a couple of nights there where I was marathoning through Season 4, listening to this each night beforehand and getting in the mood to watch that bad motherfucker Marlo and those poor kids' struggles haha. Having said that, the album isn't faultless by any stretch. …
17. Jan. 2012, 10:07 von NieWracam
3. Dez. 2011, 23:08 von punkass_noodlesRadiohead - In Rainbows
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
Jeff Buckley - Grace
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Portishead - Dummy
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
The Beatles - The Beatles
At the Drive-In - Vaya
13. Aug. 2011, 14:52 von KingsOfLennart20. Outkast - ATLiens
19. Pharoahe Monch - Internal Affairs
18. Mos Def -Black On Both Sides
17. Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
16. Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
15. Common - Resurrection
14. Mobb Deep - The Infamous
13. Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star
12. Q-Tip - The Renaissance
11. Kanye West - Late Registration
10. Gang Starr - Moment Of Truth
09. A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
08. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
07. Outkast - Aquemini
06. The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die
05. GZA/Genius - Liquid Swords
04. J Dilla - Donuts
03. Madvillainy - Madvillain
02. Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
01. Nas - Illmatic
2. Aug. 2011, 2:21 von countyhell21Every week, I focus on a different record...one that may have been overlooked when released, or one that may have gone underappreciated...one that i have not listened to in years, or one that I simply just can't get enough of. Here is an ongoing list of past (and current) album(s) of the week (to be updated weekly).
05/01 Blind Melon Blind Melon (1992)
05/08 The Band Music From Big Pink (1968)
05/15 The Who Quadrophenia (1973)
05/22 Bob Dylan Bringing It All Back Home (1965)
05/29 Jay-Z The Blueprint (2001)
06/05 Bruce Springsteen The Rising (2002)
06/12 Ben Harper Fight For Your Mind (1995)
06/19 Little Feat Waiting for Columbus (1978)
06/26 The Jimi Hendrix Experience Axis: Bold As Love (1967)
07/03 The Pharcyde Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde (1992)
07/10 Parliament Mothership Connection (1975)
07/17 George Harrison All Things Must Pass (1970)
07/24 Yes Close to the Edge (1972)
07/31 The Dave Brubeck Quartet Time Out (1959)
12. Jul. 2011, 22:03 von rattlebagThe eigth LP group listening session on Twitter is currently in the voting stages. This month's theme is the 1990s.
This involves anyone who wants to join in listening to the same album on Twitter at the same time and discussing it whilst doing so.
Send five votes to @coleser from the list before By 7pm Wednesday 20th July. The number only will do. You are unable to vote for an album you nominated. Please send a Direct Message or a Mention.
The hastag for the group is #lpgroup.
August’s ”official” listening session is 9pm Sunday 7th August 2011.
Everyone is welcome.
Spotify - http://open.spotify.com/user/rattlebag/playlist/1iTKq1uDV9h1sCEAB9W5BO
1. The Afghan Whigs– Black Love
2. Beck– Mellow Gold
3. Beck– Odelay
4. Belle & Sebastian– If You're Feeling Sinister
5. Black Star– Black Star
6. Blur– Blur
7. Bongwater– The Power of Pussy
8. The Chemical Brothers– Exit Planet Dust
9. Cornershop– When I Was Born for the 7th Time
3. Apr. 2011, 7:16 von chrisjon89I'm gonna keep this in alphabetical order for my own sake, and only one album per artist which makes things a bit more difficult. I realise there's not enough modern music on here so I'll make another journal later to address that. Some of the album covers are stupidly big and I'll try to fix that up later too.
Arcade Fire - Funeral (2004)
This one edges out Neon Bible and The Suburbs for me. Great album with some real standout songs, "Wake Up" being the obvious choice, or "Rebellion (Lies)". The vocals (and production in general) aren't as polished as they'd be on the subsequent releases but it fits perfectly.
At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command (2000)
I heard 'One Armed Scissor' and didn't listen to this again for months, but I'm glad I came back to it because it became one of my favourites. …
26. Dez. 2010, 21:02 von Music-Ninja