15. Mär. 2012, 17:56 von surelymaggie
2. Jun. 2010, 11:19 von earthcrossingI just realised I passed my 5 year mark a couple of weeks ago. Aww! It's been awesome being here, and I regret I didn't join earlier!
I'm not sure how much has changed in 5 years, except to say I've definitely expanded my musical horizons from largely grunge/alt rock music to many different types. Of course, staples from the beginning have been the likes of Madonna and Michael Jackson, childhood favourites of mine that will never go away. Anyway, here are some fun facts to remember this moment (or the moment that occurred a couple of weeks back, but anyway...) by:
First track scrobbled (according to what I can see on here anyway):
Alice in Chains - Dam That River
Number of page in scrobbling history:
Number of artists in my library at time of writing:
1,497 (nearly at 1,500, that will be time for another journal entry! maybe...if I can be bothered. hehe. maybe i'll wait till 2,000!
Number of scrobbles at time of writing:
First journal entry:
18. Jan. 2010, 22:04 von systolediastoleRules: Put your playlist on shuffle and write down the first 25 songs you get...
1) Reba McEntire I'm Gonna Take That Mountain
2) Ani DiFranco Deep Dish
3) Sunny Sweeney Here Lately
4) Cher I'm Blowin' Away
5) Buckingham Nicks Races Are Run
6) Andrew Bird Sovay
7) Eliza Gilkyson I Become the Moon
8) Kim Richey The Absence Of Your Company
9) Sara Evans I've Got A Tiger By The Tail
10) Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Louisiana Rain
11) Michael Jackson Dangerous
12) Neko Case & Her Boyfriends Porchlight
13) Pearl Jam Rats
14) Patty Griffin Nobody's Crying
15) Cher Paradise Is Here
16) No Doubt Hey You
17) Fiona Apple Shadowboxer
18) The Postal Service Brand New Colony
19) Jill Sobule Jet Pack
20) Savage Garden Break Me Shake Me
21) Vienna Teng Shine
22) Joni Mitchell Coyote
23) Laura Veirs Ether Sings
24) Ani DiFranco Rock Paper Scissors
25) Joy Division Digital
Now take the first line from the first song, the second line from the second song, third line from the third song, etc. …
14. Aug. 2009, 20:37 von feelingroovy_Pick a band. Use only their song titles to answer each question. No repeating.
Pick Your Artist: Michael Jackson
Are you a male or female: Dirty Diana
Describe yourself: Smooth Criminal
How do you feel: Bad
Describe where you currently live: Off the Wall
If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Stranger in Moscow
Your favorite form of transportation: Speed Demon
Your best friend is: Music & Me
You and your best friends are: Just Good Friends
What's the weather like: Dangerous
Favorite time of day: Break of Dawn
If your life was a TV show, what would it be called: Whatever Happens
What is life to you: Human Nature
Your fear: Ghosts
What is the best advice you have to give: Beat It
Thought for the Day: Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
How I would like to die: Blood on the Dance Floor
My soul's present condition: Scream
My motto: I Can't Help It
28. Jul. 2009, 17:49 von astrostart
17. Jul. 2009, 13:05 von fmeraMichael Jackson's most memorable live performances and music videos - all in either HQ or HD quality.
Ghosts (1997 film) - running time approx. 36mins
features the tracks 2 Bad, Is It Scary, and Ghosts.
1995 MTV Awards Performance (HQ)
Michael Jackson performing his hits: Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, The Way You Make Me Feel, Scream, Beat It, Black or White, Billie Jean, and Dangerous.
You Rock My World (HD)
You Are Not Alone (HD)
The Way You Make Me Feel (HD)
6. Jul. 2009, 17:13 von rod_castroSei que está bastante atrasada a notícia da morte desse grande ícone da música, mas não postei aqui somente agora porque vivo em uma ilha sem informação, mas sim por falta de tempo de postar algo.
Michael Joseph Jackson teve uma carreira brilhante concomitantemente com uma vida particular muito conturbada. Acusado de abuso sexual de uma criança de 13 anos, chamado de pedófilo por muitos, vivendo uma vida de luxos fora de vista pela maior parte da população que o trouxeram dívidas milionárias, sua morte precoce trouxe um silêncio universal quase que imediato e que permanece até hoje, mais de uma semana depois de sua morte.
Não entrando em discussões sobre sua vida pessoal, me foco aqui em sua vida como o "King of Pop" que trouxe para nós dádivas musicais e, além disso, passos de dança inesquecíveis como o Moonwalk.
Em início de carreira juntamente com seus irmãos na banda The Jackson 5, Michael já se destacava por sua voz cantando músicas como ABC, I Want You Back, Ben e I'll Be There.
30. Jun. 2009, 22:41 von LadyMaryI still can't believe it... I have always loved HIS songs and HIM...
Oh, how I would like to hear that it all was a mistake, a silly bad joke of somebody cruel....
So the heaven got one more Angel.
I NEVER believed any of the bad things the press said about HIM.
I would also like to say, that Michael Jackson was, is and will remain forever a GENIUS.
I am very thankfull for the immense amount of GREAT, touching, lyrical, powerfull, sexy, epic, warm-hearted songs HE had donated to us...
In my oppinion Michael Jackson is the most influent and significant person in music of the XX century... And not only in music.
I will never forget the concert in Munich in 1999.
Thank you, King of Pop...
I tried to make my personal Top-10 of HIS songs, it was quite difficult, because it's
almost impossible to exclude any of them!
Here is MY Top-10 in alphabetical order.
Give in to Me
3. Okt. 2008, 20:57 von TheNapTakerHere my list of songs that defined the pop decade of the 1990's (maybe some songs from the late 80's, early 2000's are in there too if they fit the sound):
2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone
4 Non Blondes - What's Up
A-Ha - Shapes That Go Together
ACDC - Thunderstruck
Adam Clayton - Theme From Mission: Impossible
Adamski - Killer
Aimee Man - Save Me
Alanis Morissette - Ironic
Andreas Dorau - Stoned Faces Don't Lie
Andru Donalds - Mishale
Aphex Twin - On
Army Of Lovers - Obsession
Arrested Development - Fishin' 4 Religion
Arrested Development - Tennessee
B-52s - Love Shack
BAP - Widderlich
Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)
Badly Drawn Boy - Disillusion
Baz Luhrmann - Wear Sunscreen
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Beastie Boys - Sure Shot
Beck - Loser
Beck - Where It's At
Bee Gees - Alone
Belinda Carlisle - Summer Rain
Bell Book & Candle - Rescue Me
Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
Björk - Venus as a Boy
Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia
25. Okt. 2007, 16:34 von lulahbelleComment and I'll give you a letter.
List 10 of your favourite songs that begin with that letter.
I got "D"...
1.Does Everyone Stare
by The Police
It is a delightfully unhinged experience listening to this song. The sequence of wonky off kilter notes attacks instantly. The lumpy piano alongside Stewart Copeland's laconic voice all sounds eerie enough and then it gets acer still and metamorphoses into Sting's voice over the final version of the song via a stray bit of Opera. One of those truely wonderful pieces of music.
2.Darkside by Solvi Blondal
Atmospheric piece of music designed for a computer game. There is this persistant synthesiser line running through it all that sounds like an eerie elongated freight train whistle and some wonderful percussion. It all sounds so creepy and makes me think of dark nights in some isolated place.
3.Death At Ones Elbow
by The Smiths
There is such awesome energy in its rollicking rhythm right from the pneumatic drill that starts it off to the burp that ends it. …