26. Apr. 2014, 7:46 von Z_e_t_a
11. Jan. 2014, 15:24 von emicomSat 11 Jan – MGMT
(Middletown, Connecticut, United States, since 2002, electronic indie psychedelic alternative indie pop, similar to Tame Impala, Pond, The Strokes, Vampire Weekend, Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire)
20. Sep. 2013, 20:12 von QuartertonalityPlease visit Quartertonality.com for more news and reviews.
MGMT is finally releasing a follow up to 2010's superb "Congratulations." The new eponymous album is set for release on September 17 and is available for pre-order on iTunes, where it is referred to as the "optimizer deluxe edition." The pre-order comes with an instant download of the song "Your Life Is a Lie," which can also be heard/seen below.
Since we don't have much of the album to play, I can relay to you how caught off guard I was when first seeing the album cover. When I went to school in Western New York (Fredonia, to be exact) I lived in the neighboring city. The album cover was taken across the street from what was my bank when I lived there. I remember riding past "Stylez Unlimited" on my bike all the time. …
8. Jun. 2013, 2:13 von dthannahWell, I posted My Hottest 100 for the last 20 years. Now here's the actual list that Australia and the world voted for:
* = A song I voted for.
100. Beastie Boys - Intergalactic (Planetary!)
99. Lana Del Rey - Video Games
98. Jebediah - Leaving Home
97. M.I.A. - Paper Planes Let's pretend to shoot our gun.
96. The Cat Empire - Hello
95. Ben Lee - Cigarettes Will Kill You
94. Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks Love this album. I wanted to vote for Waste but didn't because I knew it wouldn't get in.
93. Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun The most popular song from Soundgarden's amazing album Superunknown.
92. Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks At this point I started to get worried that 2012 songs would feature pretty heavily in this list, luckily that was not the case.
91. Jebediah - Harpoon
90. Silverchair - Straight Lines
89. TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me
88. Something for Kate - Monsters
87. The Kooks - Naive
86. The Killers - When You Were Young
21. Mai. 2013, 21:30 von dthannahWell if you haven't heard, radio station Triple J is running a poll to find out the best songs of the last twenty years (1993 to 2012). Everyone gets twenty votes and I can tell you, it's tough finding 20 songs from out of my absolute favourites. It's taken me more than a week, so...
Here it is, the final list in no particular order:
Daft Punk - Aerodynamic (2001)
The Presets - My People (2008)
The Whitlams - Melbourne (1997)
Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains (1995)
Korn - Freak on a Leash (1998)
Ladytron - The Lovers (2008)
Ministry - Lay Lady Lay (1996)
Nine Inch Nails - Closer (1994)
Muse - Hysteria (2003)
Pulp - Disco 2000 (1995)
The Distillers - Coral Fang (2003)
The Grates - Burn Bridges (2008)
Kaiser Chiefs - I Can Do It Without You (2007)
The Prodigy - Voodoo People (1994)
The Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings (1995)
Moby - Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad? (1999)
Radiohead - Paranoid Android (1997)
Röyksopp - Happy Up Here (2009)
The Chemical Brothers - Setting Sun (1997)
1. Jan. 2013, 3:31 von pablo774
31. Dez. 2012, 17:50 von RadioKaKaAs far as I know, Last.fm's Year-End charts have never ever listed the Top Tracks of each year, so I tried to compile the calendar-year recaps according to the weekly Top Tracks worldwide chart.
The Year-End charts utilize an inverse point system with tracks collecting points mainly based on rank for each week they were on the chart, plus more or less adjustments according to the listeners of that week, if necessary. In a word, when a track hits No. 1, it earns the greatest point, while earns the least with weeks at No. 25. Listeners registered without entering the weekly top 25 aren't considered in these standings.
Last.fm Unofficial Year-End Top Tracks of 2012
Rank - Peak (Weeks) - Weeks in the top 10 - Artist – Track (Description)
01. 1 (29) 46 Gotye – Somebody That I Used to Know
02. 3 (3) 40 M83 – Midnight City
03. 2 (20) 26 Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe
04. 1 (1) 41 Lana Del Rey – Video Games
05. 2 (3) 35 Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks
24. Apr. 2012, 12:01 von RadioKaKaThese lists highlight significant achievements based on the Last.fm Top Tracks in the United Kingdom and Last.fm Top Tracks in the United States charts, spanning from the inception week ending 17 Sep 2006 through the week ending 30 Dec 2012.
UK Top Tracks chart achievements
1 Track achievements on the UK chart
1.1 Tracks with the most weeks at #1
1.2 Tracks with the most weeks in the top 10
2 Artist achievements on the UK chart
2.1 Artists with the most cumulative weeks at #1
2.2 Artists with the most Top 10 (Top 5) hits
US Top Tracks chart achievements
3 Track achievements on the US chart
3.1 Tracks with the most weeks at #1
3.2 Tracks with the most weeks in the top 10
4 Artist achievements on the US chart
4.1 Artists with the most cumulative weeks at #1
4.2 Artists with the most Top 10 (Top 5) hits
UK Top Tracks chart achievements
1.1 Tracks with the most weeks at #1 (UK chart)
Rank - Weeks at #1 - Artist – Track
9. Apr. 2012, 14:58 von RadioKaKaThese lists highlight significant achievements based on the weekly Last.fm Top Tracks worldwide chart, spanning from the inception week ending 20 Feb 2005 through the week ending 29 Mar 2015. You can also check the real-time updated list of number-one tracks on Wikipedia.
List of Last.fm number-one songs of the 2010s
List of Last.fm number-one songs of the 2000s
For the same track with “different” titles (for example, explicit or clean versions, or any others) charting seperately on the Top Tracks chart, which were often caused by online music stores or streaming services, such as iTunes Store, Spotify, etc. its listeners were combined together as much as possible. And certainly, this would lead to more or less changes of the weekly rankings, even altering the number-one sometimes.
1 Track achievements
1.1 Tracks with the most weeks at #1
1.2 Tracks with the most weeks at #2 (without hitting #1)
1.3 Tracks with the most weeks in the top 10
1.4 Most Listened-to #1 track in a single week
8. Apr. 2012, 0:26 von RadioKaKaIt's based on their most popular tracks from the Top 500 Artists on last.fm, but there would be a few omissions, so if you find any missing ones, leave a comment, please!
As of 8 April, 2012, there're 29 tracks with over 1,000,000 listeners (certificated PLATINUM), 5 of them even surpassed the DIAMOND (10,000,000) plays mark; besides, Lady Gaga's Bad Romance also achieved 10 million plays, with 840,800 listeners so far.
Rank - Listeners - Plays - Ratio (Average plays per listener) - Artist – Track
1 - 1,439,300 - 9,958,000 - 7 - Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit
2 - 1,367,500 - 10,629,000 - 8 - Oasis – Wonderwall
3 - 1,352,100 - 11,369,000 - 8 - The Killers – Mr. Brightside
4 - 1,281,800 - 8,224,000 - 6 - Nirvana – Come as You Are
5 - 1,266,600 - 8,690,000 - 7 - Coldplay – Clocks
6 - 1,223,600 - 8,572,000 - 7 - The Killers – Somebody Told Me
7 - 1,184,600 - 7,273,000 - 6 - Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out
8 - 1,169,600 - 9,114,000 - 8 - Radiohead – Karma Police