21. Jun. 2015, 8:59 von wolowina-saute
21. Mär. 2015, 17:56 von wolowina-saute
3. Jan. 2015, 14:08 von Quicksand227- Favourite albums:
- Bohren & der Club of Gore - Piano Nights
- Swans - To Be Kind
- Elbow - The Take Off and Landing of Everything
- Hauschka - Abandoned City
- Eyvind Kang / John Zorn - Alastor: Book of Angels, Volume 21
- Ben Frost - A U R O R A
- Mogwai - Rave Tapes
2. Jan. 2015, 14:51 von TheoGBA podcast I (Theo), AZ, Raul and Tom, each play one track from our top 10 albums of 2014 and the others mostly rubbish them. At the end someone is crowned a 'winner' by having the fewest hated choices.
This year there are 6 MP3s to cover the whole brutal 3 hours and 40 minutes of drunken rambling. You can download them here:
Cloud Nothings - Here and Nowhere Else
White Lung - Deep Fantasy
Warpaint - Warpaint
La Dispute - Rooms of the House
Sun Kil Moon - Benji
Shellac - Dude Incredible
Avec le Soleil Sortant de sa Bouche - Zubberdust!
Loscil - Sea Island
Afghan Whigs - Do to the Beast
Fugazi - First Demo
together PANGEA - Badillac
Andy Stott - Faith in Strangers
Blank Realm - Grassed In
Shabazz Palaces - Lese Majesty
Gum Takes Tooth - Mirrors Fold
Moodymann - Moodymann
Vessel - Punish, Honey
Leon Vynehall - Music for the Uninvited
27. Nov. 2014, 18:26 von calikaAs usual there is no countdown or top ten, just a collection of what I have enjoyed most this year. It's been a strong year for electronic music of all shades and hip hop, which seemed to look back to the golden era for influence.
Hildur Guðnadóttir - Saman. Beautiful as usual.
Trans AM - Volume X
Souls of Mischief - There Is Only Now. Sounds like it is from the golden age of the 90's but now. Everyone is on point and even the Snoop collab is great. They take track of the year for me as well with All you got is your word.
Zammuto - Anchor. Nick Zammuto's band returned with a more cohesive and beautifully, emotionally, creative release.
Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 2. Killer Mike and EL-P come up with part 2 and it's bigger and almost badder than the first. Possibly the years most crude track as well with Love Again
Aphex Twin - Syro. The ginger electronic boss is back and it was good, thank god.
Lee Gamble - KOCH. Starts out with a deep…
21. Nov. 2014, 12:53 von silkncakeOr, as I'd say, something that became status quo for a while there. Like something you just start doing all of a sudden and then eventually stop without any given signs.
I don't have a lot of other details on these albums - mostly due to the time lag in writing this journal entry.
Note: those with a * aren't technically first-plays but are albums I've only heard once 12+ months ago. There's two releases marked with '**' that were cassette plays.
01/08 - Various Artists - Triple J Hottest 100, Volume 6
02/08 - Tarentel - From Bone to Satellite
03/08 - Duster - Stratosphere
04/08 - White Fence - For The Recently Found Innocent
05/08 - The Church - Heyday
06/08 - Not Drowning, Waving - Claim
Current 93 - Sleep Has His House
07/08 - Sigur Rós - () *
08/08 - The Birthday Party - The Bad Seed EP
09/08 - Sun Kil Moon - Benji *
Paysage d'Hiver - Paysage d'Hiver
10/08 - Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Ragged Glory
Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Etiquette
Yagya - Rigning
23. Aug. 2014, 18:37 von p_o_l_i_s_w_a_g
21. Jun. 2014, 11:06 von wolowina-saute
30. Mai. 2014, 1:02 von KhanatistOk then, let's not blow this further up.
You may have noticed how my participation on this site has gotten less and less over the years (although I have the feeling last.fm is on a hiatus altogether; correct me if I'm wrong). What you did not know, though, is that I never stopped collecting these fabulous Top 50 lists by the end of each year. Lists, guys! Everybody loves them!
Now you may think: Whoah, this dude had all the time of the world to research underground's finest tunes, so if that won't make for THE ultimate best-of list, what would?
Don't expect too much for a few reasons. First, I haven't invested too much time in music - especially new music - past 2009; secondly, those .txt files dwelled on my computer for years without a direct purpose of publishing; lastly, and this is something I emphasize before posting these lists, because each list represents a preserved look back on my personal year in music without much revision. …
14. Mär. 2014, 9:21 von brankee