26. Mai. 2011, 23:28 von mistielovesyou
3. Jan. 2010, 20:00 von MaraaasTop artist of 2009
5.Kings Of Leon
10.Faith No More
Top albums of 2009.
1. Muse - The Resistance
2. Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum
3.Placebo - Sleeping with ghosts
4.Kings of Leon - Because of te times
22. Dez. 2008, 14:04 von lunawhistler
26. Okt. 2008, 22:24 von spencerrinerKings of Leon is the official subject for this little exercise.
...answer these questions with their song titles.
 Are you male or female?
King Of The Rodeo
 Describe yourself?
 How do you feel about yourself?
 Describe what you are thinking right now?
Slow Night, So Long
 Describe your current boyfriend/girlfriend/crush/significant other?
Taper Jean Girl
 Describe the place you currently live.
 If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
 Your best friend is?
 What would you ask for if you had just one wish?
True Love Way
 You know that:
(i know that kings of leon don't have any song titles that answer this question)
 What's the weather like?
 If your life was a television show, what would it be called?
 What is life to you?
 What is the best advice you have to give?
 If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
31. Mai. 2007, 23:54 von zar_igorWhen I was laying in my bed yesterday, I thought of songs which might be the ones I'd reccomend to everyone because they are so absolutely awesome.
Why shouldn't I tell you? So I decided to write this journal. There have been many new bands and songs I really fell in love with lately, so you'll get a mixture of old and new songs - but every single one is great. Lyrics are very important to me, so I wrote the most impressive part of the song down here.
This is my starting list, feel free to add your songs as comments.
Painting pictures with a melody and a few words
The first one, and very new to me (though released a quite long time ago on the first release of Arcade Fire)is Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels). What a great piece of music... it's so very beautiful and ends with lines which really impressed me:
Purify the colors, purify my mind.
Purify the colors, purify my mind,
and spread the ashes of the colors
in this heart of mine.
The bass line, it's just the bass line...
17. Mai. 2007, 23:10 von Grace_Gale
29. Mär. 2007, 2:10 von M3gaBightBecause of the Times comes out this weekend and it’s currently available for your listening pleasure on the official Kings of Leon MySpace page. The boys manage to move towards a new musical direction while still retaining their signature sound. They often cop a bit of flack for Caleb’s vocals and on this album it sounds like they’ve put them through a big compressor. I actually quite like his vocals, interesting vocals defiantly adds something to the sound of a band for me but I’m not sure about the added clarity on this album, the vocals stand out a bit. I’m sure it will just take a bit of getting used it. It’s probably a good idea for this album because the vocals are a lot more melodic rather than the howling that is present in some of their previous material.
The album kicks off with the epic Knocked Up which is just over seven minutes long. I thought that it was a bit of an odd choice for an opener, bands tend to chose shorter and catchier songs. Knocked Up build up nicely though and sets the tone for the rest of the album. …