6. Dez. 2014, 10:40 von Dunnemin
1. Aug. 2012, 11:16 von MelvinfromHell-M-
Ace of Base
Die Ärzte (x3)
Alexander von Schlippenbach
The Atomic Bitchwax
And So I Watch You From Afar
Anna Calvi (x4)
back to Newc45tle
Band of Skulls
Batucada Sound Machine
Beat 'n Blow
Big Band Theory
Big Business (x2)
The Blue Angel Lounge
Bobby Long (x2)
Bohren & der Club of Gore
The Bryan Ferry Orchestra
Brides of Destruction
Chicks on Speed
Circle Takes the Square
24. Sep. 2010, 15:37 von Onlygleb
20. Jul. 2010, 23:12 von roomal2920/06/2010 11.30 PM
Right doing this because I'm bored and I realised I haven't actually done one of these journal things yet... so here goes...
1. How did you get into 31? Primal Fear
My friend introduced me to them by recommending a couple of songs.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? Queen
Now that's a tricky one... probably We Will Rock You or Bohemian Rhapsody...
3. What's your favourite lyric by 29?
Apparently I don't have a 29...
4. What is your favourite album by 49?
... Nor a 49...
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? Glittertind
None, I'm more of a digital person so I don't have a large CD collection.
6. What is your favourite song by 50? Manic Street Preachers
Got to be Australia... because it's the only one I have :P
7. Is there a song by 4 that makes you sad? Edguy
When a Hero Cries... need I say any more?
8. What is your favourite song by 15?
No 15 either...
9. What is your favourite song by 5? Sabaton
Hhm tricky... either Ghost Division or The Final Solution
27. Aug. 2008, 0:25 von The_poukiemanAll the Cd's/7"/Lp's/etc... I Bought through my life
My First cd ever was: Manu Chao - Clandestino in 1998 when I was 7.
My Last cd at this very moment: Endzweck - We Are Not Pessimistic...
Artist - Album (media)
-10 CC - Silly Love (7")
-a-ha - Hunting High and Low (Remix) (7")
-a-ha - Take on me (7")
-a-ha - The Sun Always Shines on Tv (7")
-ABBA - Dancing Queen (7")
-AC/DC - Thunderstruck (7")
-Adam and the Ants - Ant Rap (7")
-Afric Simone - Hafanana (7")
-Alvin Stardust - You You You (7")
-Ampere - First Recordings (7")
-The Bank - Lay All Your Love Over Me Legal Bootleg (7")
-Bee Gees - Paying The Price of Love (7")
-Black Haven - The Cleansing Storm (7")
-Black Haven - Lazarus (7")
-Bohannon - Let's Start to Dance (7")
-Bonde do Role - Solta O Frango (7")
-Boys Town Gang - Ain't No Mountain High Enough (7")
-The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave - S/T Demo (CD)
31. Mär. 2008, 21:23 von irvinebrownHello again. In October 2007, after seven years of art college, I finally decided to try and form a band. When I first had the idea for Sketches For Decktet, the obligatory next step was to start listing influences. So I pasted together a little mix called So Who Are Your Influences Then? Part I.
Here's the tracklist. I could rant on and on about why these are such formative influences but I can't really be arsed. Elvis Costello once said "writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Well said sir.
Anyway, I just love love love these tracks like a man possessed. If anyone in the world ever reads this journal, and liked my crappy little mix, just go and listen to them.
D Train - Music
!!! - When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Karazzee
Was (Not Was) - Out Come The Freaks
WhoMadeWho - Flat Beat
Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy
B.B. Boogie - Good4us2
Cloud One - Dust to Dust
Cortex - Mary Et Jeff
8. Feb. 2008, 13:57 von ThadEnouf1946 - Born on this day, Adolpho De La Para, drums, Canned Heat.
1958 - The Quarry Men appeared at the Wilson Hall in Garston. After the show Paul McCartney introduced George Harrison to John Lennon, George performs 'Raunchy' for John, who is impressed with the young guitarist.
1961 - Born on this day, Vince Neil, vocals, Motley Crue.
1964 - On their first full day in New York, The Beatles (minus George who had a sore throat), went for a photo-opportunity walk around Central Park. Extra police were called in to keep fans away. Later in the day The Ronettes interviewed the band for radio.
1968 - Born on this day, Tjinder Singh, guitar, Cornershop.
1973 - Max Yasgur the owner of the Woodstock farm where the 1969 festival was held died of a heart attack aged 53.
1975 - Bob Dylan went to No.1 on the US album chart with 'Blood On The Tracks' his second US No.1 album.
1980 - Born on this day, Cameron Muncey, guitarist, Jet.
20. Jul. 2007, 4:49 von alfvaenSince I'm busy procrastinating right now, it seemed like a perfect time to post the lyrics quiz I've had lying around for a while. This is from two of my favorite song tapes, the artists are listed below, some artists have multiple songs, and some songs have multiple artists.
You told me we live in the shadows
You told me to hide from the light
But the last thing you said keeps running through my head
As you pass them by, they whisper their remarks one to another
And you give them the eye even though you know that you could be their mother
I see you've gone and changed your name again
And just when I climbed this old mountainside
To wash my eyelids in the rain
So Long, Marianne
A new life grows, the blossom knows
There's no one else could warm my heart as much as you
But livin' on the streets ain't bad; sad people make you glad
"Pardon me, can you spare some change?"
Carnival, the wheels fly and the colours spin
Through alcohol, red wine that punctures the skin
14. Jun. 2007, 19:57 von Cylob1982: The new romantics storm the building and everyone has a party. Resistance is futile!
100 GREAT ALBUMS OF 1982!
Compiled at MAC.
A Flock of Seagulls - A Flock of Seagulls
ABC - The Lexicon of Love
Altered Images - Pinky Blue
Associates - Sulk
Au Pairs - Sense and Sensuality
The B-52s - Mesopotamia
Bad Brains - Bad Brains (ROIR Sessions)
Bauhaus - The Sky's Gone Out
The Beat - Special Beat Service
The Birthday Party - Junkyard
Blancmange - Happy Families
The Bongos - Drums Along The Hudson
Brian Eno - Ambient 4: On Land
Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska
Cabaret Voltaire - 2x45
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Ice Cream for Crow
Chris & Cosey - Trance
Christian Death - Only Theatre of Pain
The Church - The Blurred Crusade
The Clash - Combat Rock
Crispy Ambulance - The Plateau Phase
Culture & Don Carlos - Culture and Roots
The Cure - Pornography
The dB's - Repercussion
Dead Kennedys - Plastic Surgery Disasters
14. Dez. 2006, 4:10 von alfvaenAnother lyrics quiz, the usual deal. Drawn, as were the last few, from one of my favourite-song tapes. Any mistakes are because I was too lazy to Google(or perhaps because I found a page that had mistakes).
One of these is a cover version by a lesser-known band of a song by a probably better-known band. And one of these is the possibly lesser-known original of a song covered by a better-known artist. Coincidentally, that artist was in one of the bands mentioned above... Only half credit if you guess the wrong artist. Oh, and at least one artist appears on the list twice, though not from the same album, at least.
You wanna hear about my new obsession?
I'm riding high upon a deep depression
Only Happy When It Rains
Here's your ticket, pack your bags, it's time for goin' overboard
Transportation is here
Way to go, Mr. Microphone
Show us all what you don't know
When I'm alone, I think you're near me