9. Aug. 2011, 20:45 von JulTheOriginalV
7. Feb. 2010, 20:32 von RaulRoquehttp://img42.imageshack.us/img42/1245/brief.png
Graduation - Kanye West
"Welcome to the good life!"
Detalhes do Álbum:
Nome/Músico: Kanye West
Lançado: 11 de Setembro de 2007
Produtores: Brian Miller; DJ Toomp; Eric Hudson; Gee Robertson; Jon Brion; Mike Dean; Nottz; Patrick Reynolds; Warryn Campbell
Natural de Atlanta, o showman norte-americano Kanye West brilhou para o mundo em 2004, com seu álbum debutante The College Dropout, revestido por samples - os quais se tornaram sua marca registrada - e batidas hip-hop e rap. Em 2005 West lançou seu aclamado segundo de estúdio, Late Registration, em parceria com seu colega Jon Brion para logo em seguida, 2007, "graduar-se" promovendo seu terceiro, Graduation. É interessante observar como ele possui um admirável índice de aprovação entre o batalhão crítico…
5. Feb. 2009, 23:20 von silencio2046CINEMA
15 Filmes Memoráveis
de Cláudio Assis, Baixio das Bestas (porque tem cor)
15. de Adam Shankman, Hairspray
14. de Gus van Sant, Paranoid Park
13. de Todd Haynes, Não Estou Lá
12. de Robert Rodriguez, Planeta Terror
11. de Pascale Ferran, Lady Chatterley
de Alain Resnais, Medos Privados em Lugares Públicos (porque tem gente)
10. de David Silverman, Os Simpsons - O Filme
9. de Hsiao-hsien Hou, Le Voyage du Ballon Rouge
8. de Werner Herzog, O Sobrevivente
7. de William Friedkin, Possuídos
6. de Ang Lee, Desejo e Perigo
de Lina Chamie, A Via Láctea (porque tentou)
5. de José Padilha, Tropa de Elite
4. de David Fincher, Zodíaco
3. de Brad Bird & Jan Pinkava, Ratatouille
2. de Eduardo Coutinho, Jogo de Cena
1. de David Lynch, Império dos Sonhos
em José Mojica Marins, o Zé
em William Friedkin, o metrô
em Jorge Furtado, mais
em Tobe Hooper, o horror
em Hayao Miyazaki, a criança
"15" Grandes Canções
25. Jan. 2009, 23:22 von wutanghejhttp://sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/kanye-west-mystery-nikes-5.jpg
I think its' a shame that my immediate thoughts about Kanye West are negative ones. I sometimes forget that The College Dropout used to be one of my most played CD's for a good amount of my adolescence. All Falls Down is such a deep and beautiful song but now he has become associated with songs like Stronger and Good Life or his entire new sound that is 808s & Heartbreak which in my opinion does not do him proper justice.
I have heard several comments from Mr. West- or those who heard him and can confirm- about how there are legends in genres that will go down forever, and he is in fact one of them. While Kanye is a talented individual who has shown expertise in writing and production fields, he has let his fame get to his head which more often than not, kills a rapper. He called himself, "The voice of our generation, which I think even he would admit is a bold overstatement. …
2. Jan. 2009, 20:27 von catchingsignalsI definitely didn't expect another Kanye West record hardly a year after Graduation. In fact, there's a lot about this record that wasn't expected. Love him or hate him, Kanye has had a pretty terrible year. And before you retort with a remark about his stacks of dough, recall the cliché about money and happiness. I remember how many stories I've heard about lottery winners who suffer more misfortune than fortune, or the Atlanta family who had their Extreme Home Makeover home foreclosed on (the episode was ironically re-run this past Thanksgiving). Sure, you can blame the individuals all you want, but there's no denying the downside to wealth, flash, and particularly fame. This is one of a few running themes on 808s & Heartbreak.
But back to the sheer unexpected nature of this record. Not only does it virtually come out of nowhere, but it's a sharp contrast to the celebratory nature of Kanye's last effort. He's at the peak of his career, playing huge venues, selling millions of records, and living the Good Life. …
12. Jul. 2008, 19:53 von tarynsawesomeName the first 10 songs that come up on shuffle, then answer the following questions.
1. do the rump - the black keys
2. my generation - the who
3. good life - kanye west
4. nous etions amies - francoise hardy
5. long long long - the beatles
6. under the boardwalk - the drifters
7. roll over beethoven - chuck berry
8. whole lotta love - led zeppelin
9. sad so sad - the drones
10. party of special things to do - the white stripes
1. What genre is 5?
2. When was the last time you played 2?
3. How many play counts does 7 have?
4. How many play counts does 1 have?
5. How long is 6?
6. When sorted by name, what is the song underneath 10?
pas gentile - francoise hardy
7. What is the date you added 3 to your itunes library?
8. How many songs do you have by the artist/band who sung 4?
only 25 on itunes.
9. How long is 9?
What genre is 8?
26. Jun. 2008, 15:37 von gillianMFChttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/appleshampoo64/Photo4.jpg
Ah, the glory of vinyl. That's my baby. The yellow British import of The Velvet Underground & Nico.
I know I did a vinyl entry a while back, but I wanted to show you how totally fucking rad that shit looks.
That's the Kanye West single Good Life. The other track is a remix of Can't Tell Me Nothing feat. Young Jeezy (ew).
Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues. It's scratched like crazy but it looks cool. Besides, it was $8.
Be Your Own Pet - Be Your Own Pet. Their first album. It's signed (by three of the four members) so I guess it's cool. I got it at a recent show.
The two most valuable records I have. …
9. Jun. 2008, 23:00 von johnsonl33So I went to this show. It was pretty damn good.
First set - Lupe Fiasco
Good set. I was not familiar with a lot of the songs he did, but great energy and an energetic set.
Second set - N.E.R.D.
Speaking of energy, holy crap, these guys brought it. They had 2 drummers and a badass video screen directly behind them. It really added. Pharell also has this fantastic dance that he does and I dug it every time. Highlights of the set list:
She Wants To Move - the boys brought a ton of chicks from the audience up for this one. Phoenix has some talent.
Third set - Rihanna
Tough spot for this young lady. Sandwiched in between N.E.R.D. and Kanye. Her lack of concert experience showed mostly in between songs when she tried to "pump up" the crowd. She sang her songs well and was not bad to look at at all. At all.
She worked in a couple cool covers though:
Fourth set - Kanye West
8. Jun. 2008, 21:42 von tropicalia115Post your Last.fm overall top 10 artists as well as: (a) the first song you heard of theirs, (b) the song that made you fall in love, and (c)(if you had to pick) your current favorite song by them.
1) Jethro Tull
a. A Song For Jeffrey
b. Skating Away (On The Thin Ice Of The New Day)
c. Living in the Past
2) Dave Matthews Band
b. I Did It
c. Crash into Me
a. It's Oh So Quiet
c. 5 Years
b. Everything In It's Right Place
c. Karma Police
a. We Will Rock You
b. Somebody to Love
6) Kanye West
a. All Falls Down
b. Jesus Walks
c. Good Life
a. Mr. Writer
c. I'm Alright (You Gotta Go There to Come Back)
8) The Decemberists
a. We Both Go Down Together
b. O Valencia!
c. Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then)
9) Pink Floyd
a. Another Brick in the Wall
b. Brain Damage
c. Wish You Were Here
3. Apr. 2008, 5:16 von hello_imac3"Kanye West / Good Life feat. T-Pain （カニエ・ウエスト / グッド・ライフ feat. T-Pain）"のPVに載っていた和訳です。
KANYE WEST / Good Life feat. T-PAIN - hello_imac3's BLOG