7. Mär. 2012, 20:33 von darren86
4. Mär. 2012, 14:55 von hollyw00dshakeI'm sitting here at 3am trying to build a website for a business and I'm stuck and bored out of my mind, so here we go...
1. What are you listening to right now?
Mario Lanza - La danza.
2. What song makes you sad?
Well, shit, there's a lot. Having recently heard Teen Angel by Mark Dinning though, I'll say that.
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
Hmph. Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime. I know it's a weird choice but I hate that tune.
4. Your all time favourite band/artist?
5. Your newly discovered band/artist is?
6. Best female voice?
7. Best male voice?
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
Used to be rock, but lately it's a shitload of jazz & big band.
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
The Champs - Tequila.
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
Almost anything by Dean Martin.
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
8. Feb. 2012, 1:45 von SextonBlake8tracks.com : One In Ten - The Hidden Reality
UB40 One in Ten
The Sex Pistols God Save the Queen
Rush Working Man
Billy Bragg Joe Hill
Joan Baez Joe Hill
Billy Joel Allentown
Pink Floyd Welcome to the Machine
The Rolling Stones Salt Of The Earth
U2 Red Hill Mining Town
J.J. Cale Unemployment
The SmithsHeaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Johnny Cash Redemption Song (with Joe Strummer)
The Jam Smithers-Jones
Loverboy Working for the Weekend
New Order Working Overtime
Tears for Fears The Working Hour
The Specials Ghost Town
XTC Senses Working Overtime
The Clash Straight to Hell
John Lennon Working Class Hero
UB40 Food For Thought
2. Jan. 2012, 22:05 von alexiliopoulosLast.FM Milestones1st track: (09 Apr 2011)
The Allman Brothers Band - One Way Out
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/63044135.png1000th track: (21 Apr 2011)
Kurt Vile - On Tour
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/45698899.png2000th track: (11 May 2011)
Big Mama Thornton - I'm Feeling Alright
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/36009783.jpg3000th track: (07 Jun 2011)
The Rolling Stones - Prodigal Son
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/212980.jpg4000th track: (22 Jun 2011)
The Black Keys - Keep Me
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/58672183.png5000th track: (05 Jul 2011)
The Jam - Monday
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/9602787.jpg6000th track: (25 Jul 2011)
Oli Brown - Evil Soul
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/22604567.jpg7000th track: (19 Aug 2011)
The Allman Brothers Band - Stormy Monday - Live At The Fillmore East
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/63044135.png8000th track: (13 Sep 2011)
Hugh Laurie - St James Infirmary
10. Dez. 2010, 19:36 von thomas10http://tralfaz-archives.com/coverart/G/gaye_whatsF.jpg
1 Marvin Gaye - What's Goin' on
With What's Going On, Gaye meditated on what had happened to the American dream of the past -- as it related to urban decay, environmental woes, military turbulence, police brutality, unemployment, and poverty. These feelings had been bubbling up between 1967 and 1970, during which he felt increasingly caged by Motown's behind-the-times hit machine and restrained from expressing himself seriously through his music. Finally, late in 1970, Gaye decided to record a song that the Four Tops' Obie Benson had brought him, "What's Going On". When Berry Gordy decided not to issue the single, deeming it uncommercial, Gaye refused to record any more material until he relented. Confirmed by its tremendous commercial success in January 1971, he recorded the rest of the album over ten days in March, and Motown released it in late May. Besides cementing Marvin Gaye as one of the most important artists in pop music…
6. Dez. 2010, 18:33 von Langungon
21. Okt. 2010, 14:40 von vesselinux"As soon as you are born they make you feel small,
By giving you no time instead of it all,
Till the pain is so big you feel nothing at all,
They hurt you at home and they hit you at school,
They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool,
Till you're so fucking crazy you can't follow their rules,
When they've tortured and scared you for twenty odd years,
Then they expect you to pick a career,
When you can't really function you're so full of fear,
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV,
And you think you're so clever and classless and free,
But you're still fucking peasents as far as I can see,
There's room at the top they are telling you still,
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill,
If you want to be like the folks on the hill,
A Working Class Hero is something to be.
If you want to be a hero well just follow me."
18. Okt. 2010, 22:08 von stokesy220I found creating a list of favourite albums to be most interesting so I decided to create a favourite song for each year too and see what happens.
1967 - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
1969 - Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin
1970 - Working Class Hero - John Lennon
1971 - Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
1972 - Come Together - John Lennon
1974 - Nobody Loves You - John Lennon
1975 - Stand by Me - John Lennon
1980 - Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
1981 - Wrathchild Iron Maiden
1983 - The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
1984 - Die With Your Boots On - Iron Maiden
1985 - In And Out Of Love - Bon Jovi
1986 - Raining Blood - Slayer
1987 - Sweet Child O Mine - Guns N' Roses
1988 - My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms - Bon Jovi
1989 - Head Like a Hole - Nine Inch Nails
1990 - Rust in Peace... Polaris - Megadeth
1991 - Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
1992 - Fear of the Dark - Iron Maiden
1993 - Undertow - Tool
1994 - Davidian - Machine Head
1995 - Rammstein - Rammstein
31. Aug. 2010, 19:10 von Samwiiise
5. Aug. 2010, 0:40 von grungemaniaBeing a very big fan of The Beatles, I feel like I should go through the solo discography of each member. I decided I would rank each in my own preference once I got through them.
This is my list for John Lennon. Right now it just includes the albums released under his own name. Once I get through the ones with Yoko Ono, I will add them too.
01. John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (1970)
Favorite Track: Working Class Hero
02. Imagine (1971)
Favorite Track: I Don't Wanna Be a Soldier
03. Walls & Bridges (1974)
Favorite Track: Nobody Loves You (When You're Down and Out)
04. Some Time in New York City (1972)
Favorite Track: Born in a Prison