11. Mai. 2012, 22:06 von liltimmeo
21. Apr. 2011, 2:52 von vindicateddWhat band are you in the mood to see live right this second?
I've been watching a LOT of August Burns Red live footage in class lately...
Have you ever been on a tour bus?
Yes, once, when Matt Greiner invited myself and some other girl on their rig two weeks ago!
How many states/provinces have you been to concerts in?
One: Alberta. Soon to be two: I'm flying to Toronto, ON, for [event=]Warped[/event]!
What CD are you addicted to at the moment?
CD or album? Physical CD, I haven't really listened to one for a while though I buy them on a bi-weekly basis. Album-wise, I've really been digging Messengers (go figure).
Who is one band that you used to like, but now you can't stand?
Bring Me the Horizon. I don't like how Oli's vocals have evolved. They sound more physically painful to listen to than enjoyable.
Do you consider yourself a groupie?
No, but I DO consider myself a ridiculous fangirl when I really like artists!
Which artists haven't you seen yet that you want to see?
30. Jan. 2010, 12:32 von k_wie_karo- TO TAKE THIS SURVEY, SIMPLY PUT YOUR MUSIC PLAYER ON SHUFFLE -
- AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS WITH THE TITLE OF THE SONG THAT COMES ON -
[it's better if you don't cheat and don't skip any songs.]
What is your name? Or what should your name be?:
Don't Call Me Madam
How is your life going?:
Little Black Cloud
What is your nickname?:
What is your theme song?:
On The Bright Side
What is your best friend's theme song?:
How is your life going to turn out?:
Morning After Dark
Will you get married?:
After the Storm
Will you have kids?:
More Than This
What will your job be?:
Did you/will you finish school?:
If I Could Write
Who is your best friend?:
Morphine and chocolate
Who is or will be your significant other?:
You and I
Who do you like?:
Boys and Girls
How will you die?:
When The Night Comes
How do you feel right now?:
I Can't Stop Crying
What is your favorite song?:
How could you describe your parents?:
8. Jun. 2008, 22:06 von _deeperthewoundThis was quite good fun, if not slightly frustrating. The finished product is pretty bleak, I think.
Rules: Put your playlist on shuffle and write down the first 24 songs you get:
1. KT Tunstall - Hold On
2. Eminem - Kim
3. Ill Nino - With You
4. Billy Joel - You May Be Right
5. Bowling for Soup - Ohio (Come Back to Texas)
6. Kickstart - Harmonica
7. Funeral for a Friend - All Hands on Deck, Pt. 2: Open Water
8. Savage Garden - Tears of Pearls
9. KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
10. Marillion - The Only Unforgivable Thing
11. Electric Light Orchestra - Ma-Ma-Ma Belle
12. Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
13. Marillion - Bitter Suite (I. Brief Encounter II. Lost Weekend III. Blue Angel)
14. Nightwish - Sahara
15. Korn - Lies
16. Dixie Chicks - Landslide
17. Korn - Twisted Transistor
18. Keane - A Bad Dream
19. The Darkness - Holding My Own
20. Jimmy Eat World - Here It Goes
21. Idlewild - Welcome Home
22. Ben Harper - I Shall Not Walk…
2. Mai. 2008, 22:43 von cloudy_skiesWed 30 Apr – Jimmy Eat World, Paramore, Dear and the Headlights
I’ll begin this review by saying I had a few doubts about this concert. I had seen Jimmy Eat World at a Green Day concert, and they played a great show, but they got little to no response from their audience (except, of course, when they played their hit single “The Middle”). I didn’t have a very high opinion of Paramore and I had never heard of Dear and the Headlights. But for all the reservations I had about this night, the concert exceeded all my expectations and was an experience that I literally won’t shut up about.
The opening act, Dear and the Headlights, didn’t have the energy you’d expect from a rock show at the Tsongas Arena. Part of the problem, I think, is that they aren’t really a loud band (there’s an acoustic guitar and keyboard in almost every song!) and the Tsongas arena is really a place to hear heavy rock or rap music. Sound-wise, there was too much emphasis on the bass and drums to let the softer stuff shine through…
1. Mär. 2008, 14:01 von cfcrzbestWed 20 Feb – Jimmy Eat World, Sparkadia
After a very long wait, support came from Sparkadia, an Australian band who sounded a bit like Keane and BlackBud. I’m not exactly sure why they’re supporting Jimmy Eat World, but they put on a professional show. Their 30 minute set seemed to drag on and on though, and by the end I was glad it was over, maybe they’re a band who are better to listen to on CD.
After another long wait Jimmy hit the stage and kicked things off with Big Casino. The crowd didn’t really react much to it, a pattern that would continue throughout the night whenever they played a song of the new album. Second song Sweetness shook some life into the place though, with every single person in the building shouting along to the numerous woo-ooo-ooooos. Next came my favourite Jimmy Eat World song, and one of my favourite songs of all time, Work. Jim Adkins was on fine form tonight, hitting every note, and putting a lot of emotion into his performance…and of course getting very sweaty.
15. Feb. 2008, 14:38 von rob_chillenDo., 14. Feb. – Jimmy Eat World, Sparkadia
01. Big Casino
04. Always Be
05. For Me This Is Heaven
07. Bleed American
10. Lucky Denver Mint
11. A Praise Chorus
12. Here It Goes
13. Let It Happen
01. Your House
02. Hear You Me
04. The Middle
1. Jan. 2008, 21:31 von chriszak31I just cut and paste this from my Phillyist post:
Check out the songs here, playlist/countdown style:
You know those songs that take over your headphones for weeks at a time? Well, the youngest alternative-rocker on the Phillyist staff decided to put all those infectious tunes into a list of 10 - and then 10 more, just because. And for your listening pleasure, yours truly linked to the album versions of those songs (thanks YouTube, for your comprehensiveness) - just click on the song names! (not true for this post. check out the link above, though) I think you'll enjoy this medley of happy, somber, honest, and beautiful songs. And if you don't find 3 songs that you like, well, you can tell me that I don't know anything about music.
1. The Hours – Ali In The Jungle
I first heard about this band when listening to Travis’ Fran Healy doing a radio takeover on Y-Rock on XPN. …
28. Dez. 2007, 23:25 von danj0
18. Dez. 2007, 5:25 von C-Bacon50. EL-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead
What I like most about this album is the collaborations this guy does variety of different of artists (Trent Reznor, Aesop Rock, The Mars Volta, Cat Power), which made for some pretty interesting tracks. My favourite track is Poisenville Kids which is the track with Chan Marshall ‘cause I loves me my Cat Power.
Best Track:Poisenville Kids No Wins/ Reprise (This Must Be Our Time)
49. !!! - Myth Takes
Dance punk? Yes plz.
Best Track:All My Heroes Are Weirdos
48. Jesca Hoop - Kismet
Jesca Hoop’s vocals remind me of Wilson Phillips. And that’s not a bad thing. Unlike Wilson Philips, the songs are not cheesy.
47. Editors - An End Has A Start