4. Jan. 2015, 10:27 von furlongthedog
8. Jan. 2013, 22:29 von dominicgeinoskyBest Albums of the Year:
#1 BLUNDERBUSS, by Jack White: Sure, The White Stripes had some great songs, but it wasn't until Jack White produced Loretta Lynn's comeback record, "Van Lear Rose" that I sat up and really started to take notice. But with 2012's masterful "Blunderbuss," Jack White became the musical aha! of the year. This record is an explosion of sound--an amalgam of punk, soul, country, and rock (all perfectly on display in his brilliant cover of Little Willie John's "I'm Shakin'") that never feels jarring or clunky. Sorry Meg, but his backing band here is particularly strong (that's another personal fave Brooke Waggoner who steals a few moments of her own on keyboards). "Blunderbuss" is a perfect record no matter how you slice it, and it certainly captures a moment, any moment you happen to be in. Get your girl or your boy or your own funky self, and get lost in "Blunderbuss." It is a celebration of just about every reason I love music…
25. Aug. 2012, 20:43 von terriblesecretI did this 3 years ago, so I figured it's about time for an update. (Also, I'm doing anything possible to not have to study.)
1. How did you get into 29? M83
- In 2008 I did a music swop through the post with marmaluke and she put M83 on the disk. At the time I wasn't crazy about it, but eventually it grew on me and now I'm quite fond of them.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? Explosions in the Sky
- I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is The Birth and Death of Day, because it comes from the first album I got from them. Instant love.
3. What’s your favourite lyric by 33? Alkaline Trio
- All On Black
Sweet blasphemy, my giving tree
It hasn't rained in years
I bring to you this sacrificial offering of virgin years
Leave it to me, I remain free from all the comforts of home
And where that is, I'm pleased as piss to say, I'll never really know
4. What is your favourite album by 49? The Used
- Their first, self-titled album. I really liked In Love and Death too, but after that I outgrew them. …
15. Jan. 2012, 19:12 von azeleah
15. Jan. 2012, 19:05 von azeleah
30. Mai. 2011, 7:16 von markduralde
30. Mai. 2011, 7:15 von markduralde
15. Mai. 2011, 5:46 von TheHPCollectiveThe Hodgepodge Collective
Aural Gratification For Your Pysche
Hosted by Dan Surround
Playing the music that commercial radio hasn't discovered, yet. Listen to Indie Rock, Alternative, Electronic, Experimental, Hip Hop, Folk, Funk and more
KUCI 88.9 FM IRVINE SATURDAY'S 4 PM - 6 PM PST
Listen to hour 1: http://i.mixcloud.com/C0dD8
Listen to hour 2: http://i.mixcloud.com/C0dDf
* Mayer Hawthorne - Mr Blue Sky - Impressions - The Covers EP
* Dag för Dag - I Am the Assassin - Boo
* Mexicans With Guns - Dame Lo - Ceremony
* Austra - Spellwork - Feel It Break
* Big Pauper - Bread & Puppet - Beyond My Means
* Charles Bradley - Heart Of Gold - Daptone Singles Spring/Summer 20111
Röyksopp - The Alcoholic - Senior
* Asobi Seksu - Perfectly Crystal - Fluorescence
* tUnE-yArDs - Bizness - W H O K I L L
* Thao & Mirah - Folks - Thao & Mirah
* J. Mascis - Is It Done - Several Shades of Why
2. Mai. 2011, 14:02 von ohliverobotzmanSome of these are obviously speculative:
36 Crazyfists = Title of a 1977 martial arts film directed by and starring Jackie Chan.
Amon Amarth = The Sindarin translation of Mount Doom, a volcano in J.R.R. Tolkien's book series, "The Lord of the Rings."
As I Lay Dying = Title of a novel by William Faulkner.
Atreyu = Character from the novel and film, "The NeverEnding Story."
Between the Buried and Me = Lyrics from the Counting Crows' song, "Ghost Train."
The Black Dahlia Murder = Reference to the unsolved 1947 murder of Elizabeth Short.
Casey Jones = Character from the cartoon series, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."
Catch 22 = Title of a novel by Joseph Heller.
Chiodos = Reference to the filmmakers Stephen, Charles, and Edward Chiodo.
The Devil Wears Prada = Title of a novel by Lauren Weisberger.
The Dillinger Escape Plan = Reference to the infamous Depression-era bank robber, John Dillinger, who escaped from jail twice.
11. Apr. 2011, 20:33 von UncleDavenageLast.FM Milestones1st track: (18 Nov 2009)
The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/6720255.jpg1000th track: (13 Dec 2009)
Flight of the Conchords - Friends
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/29058541.jpg2000th track: (23 Dec 2009)
The Beatles - I'll Get You
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/200005.png3000th track: (11 Jan 2010)
The Who - Young Man Blues
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/219747.jpg4000th track: (22 Jan 2010)
Ace of Base - Beautiful Life (single version)
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/75513078.png5000th track: (04 Feb 2010)
The Smiths - William, It Was Really Nothing
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/12475013.jpg6000th track: (14 Feb 2010)
Transvision Vamp - I Want Your Love
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/4167828.jpg7000th track: (26 Feb 2010)
The Doors - Break on Through (to the Other Side)
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/318615.jpg8000th track: (11 Mar 2010)
Heavy D & The Boyz - Now That We Found Love9000th track: (29 Mar 2010)