3. Nov. 2014, 23:09 von supersmashsteve
26. Feb. 2014, 10:17 von garynotrashcougFive and a half years on Last.fm and here I am, passing 100,000 scrobbled tracks. It's funny, right around this time last year, I'd just scrobbled my iPod and ended up passing the 50,000 mark. Looking back at that post, it was even around the same time early morning. The wheel of time and fate spins..... like a record..... right round..... baby, right round..... time for some stats (minus podcasts, sound medicine stuff, untitled tracks, etc....):
1. Solar Fields
2. Boards of Canada
4. Carbon Based Lifeforms
5. Venetian Snares
6. Talking Heads
7. Aphex Twin
8. 平沢進 (Hirasawa Susumu)
1. Distant Lights by Burial
2. Fineshrine by Purity Ring
3. MOS 6581 by Carbon Based Lifeforms
4. High Priestess by Active Child
5. Purple City by Joker & Ginz
6. Oblivion by Grimes
7. Near Dark by Burial
8. Neon Knights by Black Sabbath
9. Mindkilla by Gang Gang Dance
10. Heaven and Hell by Black Sabbath
29. Nov. 2013, 0:00 von chooseyourguruA work in progress...
All Saints - Pure Shores (2000)
Cat Power - Sea of Love (2000)
Common - The Light (2000)
The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You (2000)
The Dandy Warhols - Godless (2000)
The Dandy Warhols - Nietzsche (2000)
D'Angelo - How Does It Feel (2000)
D'Angelo - Send It On (2000)
The (International) Noise Conspiracy - Smash It Up (2000)
Radiohead - Everything in Its Right Place (2000)
Radiohead - Idioteque (2000)
Radiohead - The National Anthem (2000)
Sugarbabes - Overload (2000)
Air - How Does It Make You Feel? (2001)
Air - The Vegabond (2001)
At The Drive-In - Invalid Litter Dept. (2001)
The (International) Noise Conspiracy - A Northwest Passage (2001)
The (International) Noise Conspiracy - Capitalism Stole My Virginity (2001)
The (International) Noise Conspiracy - Up For Sale (2001)
Jimmy Eat World - The Middle (2001)
Kylie Minogue - Love at First Sight (2001)
Life Without Buildings - PS Exclusive (2001)
21. Mai. 2013, 21:30 von dthannahWell if you haven't heard, radio station Triple J is running a poll to find out the best songs of the last twenty years (1993 to 2012). Everyone gets twenty votes and I can tell you, it's tough finding 20 songs from out of my absolute favourites. It's taken me more than a week, so...
Here it is, the final list in no particular order:
Daft Punk - Aerodynamic (2001)
The Presets - My People (2008)
The Whitlams - Melbourne (1997)
Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains (1995)
Korn - Freak on a Leash (1998)
Ladytron - The Lovers (2008)
Ministry - Lay Lady Lay (1996)
Nine Inch Nails - Closer (1994)
Muse - Hysteria (2003)
Pulp - Disco 2000 (1995)
The Distillers - Coral Fang (2003)
The Grates - Burn Bridges (2008)
Kaiser Chiefs - I Can Do It Without You (2007)
The Prodigy - Voodoo People (1994)
The Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings (1995)
Moby - Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad? (1999)
Radiohead - Paranoid Android (1997)
Röyksopp - Happy Up Here (2009)
The Chemical Brothers - Setting Sun (1997)
21. Jan. 2013, 20:30 von brambilla77Better late than never, the usual musical year overview of 2012!
1/ alt-J - An Awesome Wave
A hype? Yes, undeniably! But at the same time an awesome band with creative songwriting skills that deliver a stunning album worthy of the number 1 spot? Most definitely!
2/ Richard Hawley - Standing At The Sky’s Edge
Excellent masterpiece of the cool britpop-crooner. Standing at the sky’s Edge beautifully meanders from one pearl tot the next.
3/ Father John Misty - Fear Fun
Josh Tillman shakes off his Fleet Foxes image and - under a new moniker - reveals a whole new universe of slightly deranged but beautifully orchestrated songs.
4/ Chromatics - Kill for Love
From the stunning Neil young cover of Into the black to electronically infused dreams like Lady and Back From The Grave, Kill for Love is a killer album!
5/ Calexico - Algiers
Recorded in and influenced by New Orleans but at the same time loyal to the Calexico-recipe. Algiers is another standout in their impressive discography!
9. Jan. 2013, 12:40 von anthonycarewlisten to the show:
TOP 30 ALBUMS O' TH' YEAR COUNTDOWN EXTRAVAGANZA.
so, i was totally sick and the order got crazied up near the end and i had an on-air meltdown mid feverish delirium. it was a gloriously inglorious end to the year.
30. Spiritualized "So Long You Pretty Thing"
29. Bat for Lashes "Winter Fields"
28. Perfume Genius "Take Me Home"
27. Grand Salvo ""What's that in your pocket?" "A photo" "Of who?" "I don't know""
26. Julie Doiron "last night i lay in my bed"
25. Angel Olsen "You Are Song"
24. Josephine Foster "The Wave of Love"
23. Chromatics "Back From the Grave"
22. Niki & the Dove "Winterheart"
21. Nite Jewel "One Second of Love"
20. Peaking Lights "Dream Beat"
19. Animal Collective "Applesauce"
18. Au "Get Alive"
8. Jan. 2013, 20:50 von danzero
5. Jan. 2013, 10:59 von Mali-ka
4. Jan. 2013, 23:11 von Chrisbo26This here be the list of my musical highlights from within the year of 2012, the soundtrack to one of the best years I've had, so I hold it with high regard. Can't wait to see what 2013 brings...
Top 25 Albums Of 2012
25. Neurosis - Honor Found in Decay
Favourite Tracks: My Heart for Deliverance, We All Rage in Gold, At the Well
24. Black Breath - Sentenced to Life
Favourite Tracks: Endless Corpse, Feast of the Damned, Sentenced to Life
23. The Chariot - One Wing
Favourite Tracks: Forget, Speak, Tongues
22. Swans - The Seer
Favourite Tracks: The Seer Returns, Avatar, Mother of the World
21. Burning Love - Rotten Thing to Say
Favourite Tracks: No Love, Karla, Damage Case
2. Jan. 2013, 20:52 von friday55It's been a great year for music - and the best stuff is as diverse as ever. There have been comebacks (Orbital and Saint Etienne), epics (Swans - The Seer and Chromatics - Kill for Love), very good albums from genres I don't usually listen to, such as hip hop (Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d. city) and R&B (Frank Ocean - channel ORANGE and How to Dress Well - Total Loss), plenty of 80s and 90s-influenced sounds (Chromatics - Kill for Love, Wild Nothing - Nocturne, DIIV - Oshin and School of Seven Bells - Ghostory), excellent singer-songwriter albums (Sharon Van Etten - Tramp and Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do) and some truly ground-breaking electronic music (Burial - Kindred, TNGHT - TNGHT and Flying Lotus - Until the Quiet Comes).
My top 30 is perhaps more varied than in previous years. That could be due to my tastes changing or simply the quality of crossover albums. …