6. Jun. 2012, 19:56 von turtlemay
31. Okt. 2010, 23:53 von vickevlarI wanted to write about Halloween, because lately it has catapulted itself into the position of my favorite holiday, narrowly beating out "no holidays." Unfortunately, due to extensive mental tangents and entanglements, I am finding myself needing to preface this with an apology for its hideously long exposition. Sorry, Halloween music is going to have to wait momentarily. I blame this on not having a clear thesis. And on Woodrow Wilson.
Being raised in a nonreligious household gave holidays a different meaning to me than for most people, I suppose. The value and import of a holiday centered around two things: the number of days off school it generated, and the fun of its associated rituals. This prioritization is true for all children, of course, but it carried with it no guilt that later was compensated for (or worse, was not compensated for, and continued existing as guilt.)
Since I am no longer a child- this was not my decision- those priorities are no longer applicable for me. …
7. Jul. 2010, 9:49 von TheFinalJoker1. How did you get into 31? (Klaxons)
My sister showed me a few songs when the album came out and I directly fell in love with them. Still waiting for the new album...
2. What's your favourite lyric by 41? (Vandal Vulture)
Hm, that's a good question. There aren't any lyrics actually. :D
3. How many times have you seen 9 live? (Queens of the Stone Age)
Not a single time, but I'll see them next month in Berlin.
4. What is your favourite album by 49? (/)
Can't find any 49 in my artist list, just 2 48s. Damn!
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? (Billy Talent)
One, called 'II'.
6. What is your favourite song by 50? (The Pigeon Detectives)
'I'm a Liar', of course!
7. Is there a song by 4 that makes you sad? (Coheed and Cambria)
'Feathers', for sure. But I think there are a few other songs that could make me sad sometimes.
8. What is your least favourite song by 15? (The Bravery)
I always tend to skip 'She's so Bendable'.
9. What is your favourite song by 5? (Thrice)
15. Mär. 2010, 4:24 von vickevlarCopying more crap from facebook in an attempt to salvage my Sunday night. You see, on Friday night I had a great time watching Suburban Sasquatch and won a sweet Talking Classics t-shirt on Doc Mock's Movie Mausoleum, and on Saturday night I had a blast going to a midnight grindhouse double feature of Welcome to Deer Creek and Holy Shit! Zombies! at my local theater. So far tonight has been "I moped about because spring break is over," and it will end in going to bed and waking up at 8 for calculus, which is the ultimate lame. But at least now I can add "...but I listened to some sick game music!"
I don't really listen to a large variety of video game music, but I really love what I have, so it's hard choosing favorites. I'm actually putting the songs in the note because I doubt my friends will recognize most of them by name alone. Sadly, not embedded, because Facebook is a jerk. Also, going in REVERSE order this time to increase the suspense and sense of wonder!! OOoh!
25. Okt. 2009, 17:26 von micchan_First, make a list of your top-20 artists overall. Then, for each of these artists, add the 8 most similar artists to your list. Delete any duplicates, count up the number of entries on your list and this will give you some idea of how eclectic your listening habits are. A score of 9 represents an extremely unvaried musical taste while a 160 represents an extremely varied one.
1. KinKi Kids
- Hey! Say! JUMP
- DREAMS COME TRUE
- JUDY AND MARY
- My Little Lover
- The Brand New Heavies
- Dexter Wansel
- Earth, Wind & Fire
- The James Taylor Quartet
- Groove Collective
5. Children of Bodom
- In Flames
- 244 ENDLI-x
- Shuuji to Akira
19. Jun. 2009, 5:11 von provlear01. How did you get into #31?
Batter the Drag - This is one of many Flying Blanket Studios artists Kate and I adore. This one she had to convince me of, though. It wasn't instant love.
02. What was the first song you ever heard by #22?
Yann Tiersen Whatever is the first song in Amelie, such a beautiful movie, and what amazing music. The whole CD makes you feel warm and fuzzy while driving.
03. What's your favorite lyric by #41?
The Minibosses Not only do they not sing, but they're really not a great love of mine. They're just one of the first CDs I added, so their longevity helps their numbers.
04. What is your favorite album by #49?
The Huskies only have the one album, The Good Fight
05. How many albums by #13 do you own?
Matchbook Romance - Voices is the only one that I own. I haven't heard any of their other stuff, but I should, since I love Voices so much.
06. What is your favorite song by #50?
MC Frontalot has so many good ones... …
31. Okt. 2007, 7:00 von KoRnfreekWhen I was around age 10, i got my first Rare game, banjo kazooie, the thing that lasted the most from the game was the music itself, I dont know how many times the music would go through my head, and I woulden't have a clue on where to find it, well thanks to the internet and this I have. I hope, in video games, movies, even mainstreme music, that this same orinaility, and atmosphere stays.