27. Mai. 2011, 17:30 von dikiz
1. Jan. 2011, 8:52 von quitepeculiar2010. Man, what a fucking year.
2010 was the year I struggled to complete my Master’s studies, was forced due to visa issues to leave a city I didn’t want to depart, fought off a rabid bear and struggled overall with the awkwardness of carving out who I’m supposed to be. Okay, so I didn’t fight a bear, but still, this was a year of upheaval, both for myself and for the rest of the world.
In light of All the Shit, I submit my audio nerd list of 2010 not as a “Best of” list. This year saw the release of many albums by wonderful artists, but I may not have heard them. Granted, no single top ten list is by any means definitive, as all of us, no matter how much we love listening to music, can’t have listened to every single album that came out, nor even every single good album. ‘Good’ is itself relative, after all; there isn’t any amount of Top Ten, Top Fifty or Top Eighty-two lists that can convince me The Suburbs is the best album of this year.
23. Dez. 2010, 2:48 von VGoRiLLaZhttp://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg214/vgorillaz/2010%20-%20The%20Year%20In%20Music/GOTOVO.png
2010 was an undeniably great year for music. There was the birth of \\/\\/|†©|•| |•|Ωµ§∑ genre (oh, having troubles reading that? No worries, that just means you're not cool enough for the Wi†ch House standards. Get on the b∆ndw∆gon, all you non-▼ n00bz). Nicki Minaj fiiinally got recognition she rightfully deserves; after all, she IS the best female MC, not to mention the fact that she's, just, like, out there, with that in-your-face style, and that 15 year old, gay, Brazillian boys with their shirtless pics as their Last.fm avatars cream on her fashion sense and her general wackiness. Then, there was Ke$ha's rise to fame and her claiming the top spot on Last.fm's Best of 2010 list. I just love that dirty ol' poetic $lut.
Now, on a serious note, this was genuinely a very, very good year for music in general. Loads of great albums, some brilliant new artists emerged, some utterly amazing covers and songs…
22. Nov. 2010, 2:49 von dashiva76It's that time of year again.... So here are my favourite tunes from 2010!
01. The National- Bloodbuzz Ohio
02. The Radio Dept. - Heaven's On Fire
03. Belle and Sebastian - I Want the World to Stop
04. Arcade Fire -Ready to Start
05. Sufjan Stevens - Vesuvius
06. Broken Social Scene - All to All
07. Shout Out Louds - Fall Hard
08. Junip- Always
09. Everything Everything - MY KZ, UR BF
10. The Morning Benders - Excuses
11. Crystal Castles - Not in Love (feat. Robert Smith)
12. Kanye West - Runaway (feat. Pusha T)
13. Deerhunter - Desire Lines
14. Yeasayer - One
15. Wolf Parade - What Did My Lover Say? (It Always Had to Go This Way)
16. Sam Amidon - You Better Mind
17. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Heart in Your Heartbreak
18.The National - Afraid of Everyone
19. James Yuill - On Your Own
23. Mär. 2010, 18:12 von RadioSC
22. Feb. 2010, 22:51 von kahht