My biggest music crush of the year ended up being chillwave. Coming out of a year where I was listening to every dubstep single I could find, chillwave provided the perfect music for this past summer. Even now, listening to jj or Washed Out takes me back to roof top parties and 90 degree days.
Here is a list of the albums I liked the most from 2010. I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff. Subject to change.
1. The Wild Hunt by The Tallest Man on Earth
2. Foxy Shazam by Foxy Shazam
3. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West
4. Marrow of the Spirit by Agalloch
5. Glowing In The Darkest Night/Spilling Over Every Side/Make Up a Changing Mind by Pretty Lights
6. The Suburbs by The Arcade Fire
7. The Monitor by Titus Andronicus
8. n° 3 by jj