12. Mär. 2012, 8:23 von OoSabYoO
18. Aug. 2010, 12:27 von dochdasmesser"You suggest a ghost, perhaps a phantom, I agree with this in part"
Poison the Well – Horns and Tails
Pet - Bed
Letters to Cleo - Fast Way
Tori Amos - Wednesday
Tori Amos - Here In My Head
Aaliyah - We Need a Resolution
Alien Ant Farm - Hope
Lou Reed - Perfect Day
Autolux - Supertoys
Aimee Mann - That's Just What You Are
Aimee Mann -It's Not Safe
Fiona Apple - Oh Well
Fiona Apple -Parting Gift
"Oh wonderful one, why are you like that?"
Devendra Banhart - Dogs They Make Up the Dark
Björk - Wanderlust
Blonde Redhead - Melody
Warpaint - Stars
16. Mai. 2009, 14:21 von RyanRobertJ1. How did you get into 29? Pilot Speed
I'd heard Into Your Hideout and didn't like it...months later, an online friend got me to listen to Alright and I LOVED it. Have been a fan of all their stuff ever since.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? Travis
I think it would be Sing in 2001. So glad I did.
3. How many albums by 13 do you own? Pete Yorn
Physically? 0. In file form, 4... and soon to be 5. :)
4. What is your favorite song by 15? The National
Slow Show for sure.
5. What is your favorite song by 5? Fiona Apple
Ahhh, this is tough! Gonna go with Oh Well
6. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? Chantal Kreviazuk
Her happy songs make me a little sad these days, but yes... Before You, Wonderful, Mad About You.
7. What is your favorite song by 10? Turin Brakes
Bye Pod because of timing and because the lyrics hit home. Beautiful song.
8. What is a good memory you have involving 30? Anastacia
4. Apr. 2009, 22:09 von BabooshkoI'm trying to make sense out of the mess I live in everyday... so I'm starting this soon-to-be-humongous list of live recordings I've collected up to now. Check it out and if anything catch your eye, just drop me a line.
2007-10-22: Valencia, Spain (guest appearance by Baby Dee)
1. So Bad
2. Safe Inside The Day (with Marc Almond)
3. When I Was A Young Man (cover of Nina Simone's When I Was A Young Girl)
4. Sand Boy
5. My Former Self
6. Kill Me Or Make Me Beautiful
7. Cosmic Boxer (Bill Fay Group's cover)
8. Brilliant Creatures
9. My Love
10. Redeem Me (Beauty Will Redeem Me)
11. Black Heart
12. The Room Below
13. Two Sailors on the Beach
14. Dream Lover
15. Strangers In The Night
16. Saint Judy
17. If You Go Away
18. Say Hello, Wave Goodbye
19. Mother Fist
2007-06-03: Philadelphia, PA World Cafe Live
1. In Your Back
2. The Harder Ships of the World
3. Sailor & Widow
4. It Ain't No Crime
5. By The Cathedral
25. Dez. 2007, 17:20 von ilovegaymen314
14. Dez. 2007, 19:15 von nerauliaPut your music player on shuffle.
Press forward for each question.
Use the song title as the answer to the question.
How am I feeling today?
Brothers of a Feather - Driving Wheel
"it's hard to tell you how I feel"
Will I get far in life?
Billie Holiday - Love Me Or Leave Me
Guess this means I'm uncompromising... can be true.
How do my friends see me?
Queens of the Stone Age - You Know What You Did
"Just drool in the dark / As you stare at the lights"... hmm, that can't be good
Where will I get married?
Trent Reznor - Adrift And At Peace
This is from the Bridge School Benefit. I'm already married, and it's peaceful... so this works. :)
What is my best friend's theme song?
Billie Holiday More Than You Know (Jazzem's Throwback Mix)
"you're on my mind more than you know" - I do worry about my friends a lot
What is the story of my life?
Morcheeba - Way Beyond
"we're wasting our whole lives / in the struggle to survive"
17. Aug. 2007, 19:09 von caitroxurworldi'm lame and stole this from michael.
...and i'm not entirely sure if these are my top ten artists. but they definetly deserve recognition. hell, this was hard.
Write down your top ten artists with you first song by them, song you fell in with, and your current favorite.
(in no particular order, save for the first:)
1. Fiona Apple
first song: Paper Bag
song i fell in love with: Shadowboxer
current fav: Oh Well
2. Death Cab for Cutie
first song: Photobooth
song i fell in love with: Tiny Vessels
current fav: I Will Follow You Into The Dark
3. The Strokes
first song: Last Night
song i fell in love with: 12:51
current fav: Red Light
4. The Veils
first song: Lavinia
song i fell in love with: Calliope!
current fav: Vicious Traditions
5. Belle and Sebastian
first song: The Boy With the Arab Strap
song i fell in love with: Another Sunny Day
current fav: Dress Up in You
6. Tegan and Sara
first song: Walking With a Ghost
9. Jun. 2007, 4:13 von ilovegaymen314Set your music player on shuffle. For each new "scene" note down the song that comes next.
Weezer - Only in Dreams
Kate Bush - Experiment IV
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
Chris Cornell - Preaching The End Of The World
Falling In Love:
Aimee Mann - That's How I Knew This Story Would Break My Heart
Fiona Apple - Oh Well
Hum - Boy With Stick
Getting Back Together:
Kate Bush - The Man With the Child in His Eyes
Sufjan Stevens - Oh God, Where Are You Now? (In Pickeral Lake? Pigeon? Marquette? Mackinaw?)
Elliott Smith - Amity
Portishead - All Mine
Radiohead - Subterranean Homesick Alien
Learning A Lesson:
Björk - It's Not Up to You
Aimee Mann - I Was Thinking I Could Clean Up for Christmas
Tori Amos - Honey
The Breeders - Do You Love Me Now?
The Velvet Underground - I'm Waiting for the Man
21. Mai. 2007, 6:22 von wecky1. Fiona Apple: Oh Well
2. José González: Crosses
3. The Shins: Those to Come
4. Sufjan Stevens: Casimir Pulaski Day
5. Guster: Dissolve
6. The Decemberists: The Crane Wife 3
7. Belle & Sebastian: Ease Your Feet Into The Sea
8. Peter Bjorn & John: Objects Of My Affection
9. Iron & Wine/Calexico: Dead Man's Will
10. The Kings Of Convenience: Sorry or Please
11. Ben Folds Five: Alice Childress
12. Neutral Milk Hotel: In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
13. Wilco: Via Chicago
14. Yo La Tengo: Black Flowers
15. Camera Obscura: Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken
16. The Eels: My Descent Into Madness
17. Dntel: The Distance (Ft. Arthur & Yu)
11. Jan. 2007, 23:05 von govinda_It's sad to come so late to something so special. Yes, I only just discovered Joanna Newsom last month. Maybe I can make up for it with a few insights that I hope aren't retreads of things said before. Knowing sod-all about harp, I'll focus on...
Her voice: You get the sense that she throws it all out there not in spite of her chosen image of childish innocence but bolstered by it. Our busy culture loses track of where such tropes come from, and it's not for me to do spadework on the meme, but I'll point out that her boldness seems to share the same source as the artist (and family friend) Kim Dingle, whose little girl character, 'Fatty' bursts through walls, boxes, wrestles and otherwise endangers the China.
It's easy enough to see Joanna in her frock in place of Fatty here, making a door of the drywall. Of course, there are a number of other examples aside from Dingle, and of course Joanna's 'bold child' take is less reactionary and destructive than Dingle. …