15. Okt. 2011, 0:00 von jukkakhanWhenever I get that dreadful feeling that my life is going nowhere, the first thing I turn to is Octavarium. Although it it does nothing to remedy the situation at hand, it gives me that tiny bit of reassurance that I'm not the only one who has felt trapped, and that as long as I continue to press on, I will find my way out. More importantly, it gives me some much needed time to distance myself from my thoughts and give them time to settle. Over the course of its 20+ minutes, the song progresses though five sections, each of them with their own distinct sound and feel, almost as if they were plucked from entirely different songs. But when taken as a whole, they bonds between them begin to strengthen and come together as the different parts of a long journey. As you progress through the different terrains, there are different messages to learn from the words around you. All of them valuable in their own right, but ultimately they share a common theme that builds the message of the entire album: the Full Circle. …
3. Mär. 2011, 15:38 von BehnamSs1-Another Day
Fuckin Love It !
In the end i only see the change light to dark, dark to light, light to dark. dark to light !
3-Wait for Sleep
when this is being played, i quietly lay and wait for sleep !
4-Space Dye Vest
And I'll smile and I'll learn to pretend Moore was gay.
5-A Change of Seasons
I remember a time, my frail virgin mind used to hate this song !
i hate Falling Into Infinity, but this song is good, specially if john plays the awesome solo at the beginning .......
7-Beyond This Life
head line, murder, young fan killed !
8- The Dance of Eternity
i have nothing to sat about this !
9-The Spirit Carries On
ANY DT fan MUST LOVE THIS SONG ! love it or i will cut you....
10-Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
I'll probably be dead before they play this ....
11-As I Am
12- This Dying Soul
*suddenly sees a light
13- Honor Thy Father
We're taught unconditional love
15. Jul. 2010, 6:36 von dreamcoltraneWed 14 Jul – Iron Maiden, Dream Theater
So far, this concert has been the highlight of my summer . First Niagara Pavilion was decent, but it was not my favorite venue that I have been to. I prefer indoor concerts. You get better sound and pictures that way. Dream Theater was entertaining to see. They played a good variety of songs ranging from Pull Me Under to Constant Motion. They did not have much showmanship, but they made up for it with their technical skill. The highlight of their set for me was As I Am and Panic Attack. Iron Maiden put on a spectacular show. Bruce Dickinson does not show his age when he is on stage. He can easily pass off as a thirty year old instead of being fifty five. I was kinda disappointed with the set-list because my favorite album of theirs is The Number of the Beast and they only did 2 songs from it. I did enjoy what they did play starting with Wicker Man and ending with Running Free. Iron Maiden had an impressive stage set up. The only band I have seen to have a better stage set up was Green Day. …
28. Jun. 2010, 5:33 von jukkakhanArtist: Iron Maiden
Supporting: Dream Theater
Date: June 20th, 2010
Venue: Sleep Train Pavilion
Tour: The Final Frontier
I'll start out by saying that this was an exceptional concert. I'm not the biggest Iron Maiden fan and a big Dream Theater fan; so I was pretty undecided on going to this for a while. Iron Maiden are absolute legends and with the unfortunate passing of Dio, I knew that I had to see these guys at least once. And boy was I glad I did.
Dream Theater delivered the performance that I've come to expect from them. Precise and proficient. They didn't have their usual set ups with tons of cameras and screen projections, so it really boiled down to delivering a great sounding performance; which they definitely did. James' voice was quite decent that night. John Petrucci delivered some amazing solos. If I remember correctly, he had one in every song. Jordan was actually a little short on the solos this time around, probably due to their (relatively) shorter setlist. …
28. Apr. 2010, 20:02 von shila95
10. Mär. 2010, 12:10 von Tenfrente
4. Nov. 2009, 22:39 von GwenScathachHere's how you do it:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. No cheating!
IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
Opening Credits: Strange Déja Vu - Dream Theater(Empezamos bien...)
Waking Up: Deliverance - Opeth (xDDDDD Nada mejor que ese trallazo para despertarse, desde luego)
First Day At School: The Golden Dancing Shoes - Andreas Vollenweider (YAY xDDD)
Falling In Love: April Ethereal - Opeth (OMFG O.o)
Losing Virginity: The Circle- Blackmore's Night (Bueno... es muy... apropiada... xDDDDD)
Fight Song: The Pendulous Fall- Kamelot (Interesante... O.o aunque no la veo muy de pelea)
Breaking Up: In My Eyes You're a Giant - Sonata Arctica(... dos palabras: EPIC FAIL xDDDDD)
Prom: The Trooper - Iron Maiden(XDDDDDDD... Seh... JUSTO esa, van a poner en un baile de fin de curso...)
4. Nov. 2009, 21:08 von GwenScathach"Post your top fifteen bands/artists, the first song you heard of theirs, the song that made you fall in love, your favourite album and your current favorite song."
- This same one, along with Gravenimage
-In the Dark
-Shadow Of The Moon
-Under A Violet Moon
-The Mummers Dance
-The same above.
-The Mask and the mirror
-The Stolen Child
-In My Time of Need / The Drapery Falls
- Difficult One... xDDD I'll say Morningrise, but Blackwater Park is close too.
-The Twilight Is My Robe
-A Feast for the Vain (fall in love the first time) / Serenade (the second time)
-The Black Halo
-Too many... Wander and Karma, I'll say.
-Eine Art Suite In Xiii Teilen
-The years in the forest
-Book of Roses
-The Golden Dancing Shoes
30. Apr. 2009, 18:15 von Tharky***IMPORTANT NOTE: I have a much more bigger archive now, but I am really too lazy to list all of the good songs in here. So I will no longer continue to add songs in here. Sorry everyone.***
I choose songs from my archive only. But try them if you like melodic songs. I'm doing this because noone did it before (At least I haven't seen them doing). And here you go, the most melodic songs I have...
Latest Changes: (23.04.2011)
• Added more songs from my archive. I hardly get free time to update this journal.
->•Arch Enemy (5)
->•As I Lay Dying (1)
->•Avenged Sevenfold (1 / Added some comments)
->•Blind Guardian (2)
->•Bon Jovi (2)
->•Children Of Bodom (5)
->•Dream Evil (1)
Will continue later...
• Corrected some spelling mistakes.
('"*The Groan of Wind*"')
Here they are :
3 Doors Down
(I know... But still it is melodic.)
Here Without You
5. Nov. 2008, 15:54 von renactoJust to post something here.
1. Put Your iTunes, windows media player etc on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS
4. Put any comments in brackets after the song name
How would you describe yourself?
Five Years - hahaha, that's the most accurate one.
What do you like in a girl?
Far Behind - hmmm.
How do you feel today?
The Root of All Evil
What is your life's purpose?
What is your motto?
The Test That Stumped Them All
What do your friends think of you?
Deep - lol!
What do you think of your parents?
Num Pode Ser
What do you think about very often?
What do you think of your best friend?
Razor - O_O
What do you think of the person you like?
Mercy - ;(
What is your life story?
This Will Be Our Year
What do you want to be when you grow up?
In the Rapids - ???