5. Nov. 2007, 2:49 von sam_mulqueen
15. Jan. 2007, 13:30 von koemer
26. Sep. 2006, 7:29 von MotoJoeBen Harper is great and this track is testament to it. I believe in a better way too. I appreciate that this track is meant to be inspiring without being sappy. His writing allows the listener to be connect to the music on their terms.
Fools will be fools
And wise will be wise
But i will look this world
Straight in the eyes
Look the world straight in the eyes indeed.
6. Jul. 2006, 7:57 von shelanamiya1. What are you listening to right now?
Reach Out I'll Be There
2. What song makes you sad?
Leslie Anne Levine
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
i'm not sure, but its prolly a rap song.
4. Your all time favorite band?
The Good Cheer!!!
5. Your newly discovered band is?
tiye got me listening to The Kooks
6. Best female voice?
yeah, no idea. i am really digging Eisley i need to get more of their stuff.
7. Best male voice?
could you ask a harder question? lets go with Alex Turner from turnercookie err, i mean Arctic Monkeys today.
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
indie acoustic nonsense
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
depends on what im trying to get hyped up for
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
The Good Cheer and hair/cheekbones err i mean Pop Noir at the troubadour
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now.
13. Most hated band?
30. Jun. 2006, 9:26 von WismerhillJust saw Ben Harper at L'Olympia, Paris, last night. It was incredible ! Everyone was so into it, the mood was excellent and Ben and his band gave us a memorable concert.
There was a lot of purely instrumental moments that were really good. I like that, especially when the band is this good. There was a drums/percussions duel at a moment that blowed everyone in the house.
On one song, a guy playing accordion came by. The good old cliché about France. But the truth must be told: almost nobody listens to accordion in France. It's just a traditionnal instrument and that's mostly old people that listen to it. Anyway, the guy was good and it fitted the song perfectly.
Ben played various instruments, of course guitars, but also various percussions. There was a string section on some tunes, that added a lot of atmosphere and coolness points.
Two times Ben sang without a mic, directly toward us. That's a wonderful thing to hear him without the amplification system. …
29. Mai. 2006, 15:27 von geehoneybeeAnother fine show by Ben Harper / Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby ,BC Canada.
And it didn't rain!
Some highlights were:
Waiting For You
Jah Work probably because it's one of my favourite songs of his.
With My Two Hands
Widow of a Living Man which was played with a couple women from a local band callled The Be Good Tanyas