8. Sep. 2011, 3:54 von Milkshake8The authors of the Patriot Act always intended that its provisions would be Permanent. The politically expedient thing to do would have been to include a Sunset provision, to acknowledge a temporary moment of crisis that required Special Measures for prosecutors to pursue terrorists. But the lawyers wanted no sunsets; some of them had been working Al Qaeda cases since the first World Trade Center bombing and imagined a long-term struggle that could last a generation. “I said, ‘Don’t think of this as an emergency measure,’ ” Viet Dinh recalled on July 20. At the time, Dinh was an assistant Attorney General under John Ashcroft and was tasked on the morning of September 12 with writing a bill to fix whatever Laws might impede investigation. The scholarship provided little guidance for how to make Terror investigations easier, so Dinh sent an e-mail to the nation’s U.S. attorneys and FBI agents, asking for ideas. G-Men are not Constitutional lawyers…
16. Aug. 2011, 18:13 von LaWChristian2006.??.?? - Stadtfest Siegen
Main Act : Brings
2007.11.01 - Jazz ist Anders Mitternachtsverkauf
Siegen , Media Markt
Main Act: Die Älke
2008.04.30 - Rock in den Mai
Burbach , Alte Kaserne
Main Acts: Die Toten Ärzte, Harakiri
2008.05.10 - Kulturpur 2008
Siegen , Kleine Zeltbühne
Main Act: Revolverheld
2008.07.14 - Obama Speech
Main Act: Barack Obama
Support :Patrice, Reamon
2008.08.24 - Rock Im Wald
Siegen , Waldhotel Freudenberg
Main Acts: Boom Gang, Harakiri, Michael Symore
2008.11.21 - Krachgarten Tour 2008
Main Act: Farin Urlaub
2008.12.29 - Machmalauter Tour 2008
Colonge ,Lanxess Arena
Main Act: Die Toten Hosen
Support : Airbourne
2009.02.07 - Tinnitus Sanctus World Tour 2009
Fulda , Wartenberg Oval
Main Act: Edguy
Support: Five and the Red one, Hartmann
2009.02.28 - Plan A! Tour 2009
Colonge , Palladium
Main Act: Thomas Godoj
Support : Livingston
2009.05.14 - Headline Tour 2009
Colonge , Werkstatt
29. Jan. 2009, 1:00 von nventi- picked up new Andrew Bird... I thought it was supposed to be instrumental? First impression: better than Armchair
- picked up a real copy of new The Bird and the Bee (even though I've had a leaked copy since xmas). I still love these guys. Especially enough to pay $$.
- Just downloaded David Binney's new album, gonna digest that tonight.. it features Craig Taborn, Scott Colley, and Brian Blade... killer.
- finally have some tracks from Christian McBride's new group Inside Straight.. looking forward to this group touring!!!
- replaced my Nick Drake burns with Fruit Tree box set
- Got final copies of Brian Patneaude's new release feat. Mike Moreno. The art is hip and it sounds great too! Nothing like that new album smell, fresh from the manufacturer!
- recorded a little sax for Ashley Pond's upcoming release
- Janelle Monae rips off Sesame Street (exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZshZp-cxKg - exhibit B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHgbzNHVg0c )
2. Dez. 2008, 6:03 von Milkshake8http://freebroadbandnow.org/_res/images/bg/badge-inside.jpg
Free broadband for America has inched closer to reality: The plan, after two years of debate, is finally on the calendar for a full vote by the Federal Communications Commission.
Assuming The Plan is approved at the FCC's Dec. 18 meeting, one of the agency's last before President-elect Barack Obama takes office, free broadband could become reality within a year.
First proposed in 2006, The Plan calls for a chunk of airwaves called AWS-3 (now idle) to be used for wireless broadband across the USA. Under terms contemplated by the fcc, the winner of the AWS-3 auction would have to reserve at least 25% of network Capacity for Free broadband.
The winner would be allowed to charge for other services, including Premium broadband that would offer faster speeds.
Assuming there are no last-minute snags, the aws-3 auction will take place next year.
The FCC plans to impose several conditions. …
14. Nov. 2008, 20:15 von maplejetWoo...beginning to do overtime hours at work starting next week. So need to get a permanent full-time job though.
FIRST TRAVIS BARKER, NOW...CHI CHENG!
Well, last week, I learned of the car accident involving Deftones's bassist Chi Cheng. It's not looking great right now as he is in stable condition, but still will be under doctor supervision. It's sad news to a lot of fans including me. At this moment, we won't know when Eros will come out. All I can say is, get well soon Chi.
On another note, Korn named a song off [album artist=Korn]Life is Peachy after the bassist, Chi.
DEATH OF THE ROCK BOARD
As some may have heard after my anger journal last time, the gamefaqs rock board is hell now. Already there, the metal, punk, and "alternative" boards are nothing but flamewars and pointless elitism. Only the "hip-hop" board is left, and that's rather than elitism, leads to pointless arguments. …
8. Nov. 2008, 12:19 von BlackCoffeeDuckAfter my last epic Kim Salmon journal now I’m going to write about Fri 7 Nov – The Drones, Gin club. I saw them the night after Kim, it was great because it was like the next generation along in that style of Aussie independent music and Gareth Liddiard and Fiona Kitschin are from Perth too. So it was like a weekend of home town singers and bands coming home. Gareth and Kim played a lot of the same chord progressions and finger picking like you would on acoustic but using an electric guitar. The Gin Club was great but I don’t know why everybody was standing as far back as possible. You could hardly get in the door because everyone wanted to get away from the support band. But I would love to hear more of them.
Before The Drones started the first song some idiot shouted “Tear me a new asshole” and Gareth answered with “Yeh I need another one of them”. They pretty much played the entire new album in the same order as on the new album Havilah but without the last two songs which by the way are my favourites from it. …
6. Nov. 2008, 7:31 von 8thlight
19. Okt. 2008, 8:07 von 2SerenityWhile I was playing on youtube, I saw that Hill Harper of CSI New York, asked his fans to upload a video of themselves stating:
1. they are an average joe by calling yourself Joe for male or Joanna for female
3. Declaring you are VOTING on November 4
Please keep your videos 1 minute or less.
This is the video to respond to:
This is the link to go to to repond
28. Sep. 2008, 23:39 von 2SerenityA little something you may not hear that much about in the mainstream news. I wonder if this was not well publicized because this speech was made to the Congressional BLACK Caucus? I dunno but I just wonder.
Washington Post Article:
Obama Hails Those Who Paved His Way
If you are a USA citizen and you are not registered to vote, please do.
Also, if you are registered, VOTE on November 4!
10. Sep. 2008, 19:42 von bubba-rocksWho will you vote for in 2008? John McCain? Barack Obama? Ron Paul? How about Dio???
Hard Rock Nights can be heard every Saturday night 9-11 pm eastern time on 88.9 FM in Cincinnati or classxradio.com
Check out the Hard Rock Nights blog: hardrocknights.wordpress.com