Top 5 'Weird' Voices

• Top 5 'Weird' Voices

1. Nico
    2. Björk
    3. Wayne Coyne (Flaming Lips)
    4. Russell Mael (Sparks)
    5. Robert Del Naja (Massive Attack) (also the coolest person to share my birthday with me)

• Fuck you.

• funkyfest schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 29. Apr. 2007, 6:05
    You know that abrupt grunt thing that comes out of your mouth/nose, that's not really a laugh but it usually involves smirking? That's what I just did, or what I figure normal people mean by "lol".

Domestic violence is wrong! And I like Cheerios!
  • :(

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 29. Apr. 2007, 15:37
    ...did I miss something? I mean, I'd expect an unwarranted "Fuck you" from Tom, but not Harpal...

Anyway:

1. Ric Ocasek
    2. Dan Bejar
    3. Bob Dylan
    4. Patti Smith
    5. Kim Gordon

Oddly enough, this is damn near identical to my best-songwriters list.

• funkyfest schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 29. Apr. 2007, 16:08
    CarsCat said:
    ...did I miss something? I mean, I'd expect an unwarranted "Fuck you" from Tom, but not Harpal...

That's why I made that, uhh, noise. It came completely out of left field. Sorry Richard!

1. Morrissey
    2. Patti Smith
    3. Jello Biafra
    4. Bob Dylan
    5. Richard Hell

• Steve Albini
    Bob Dylan
    Jello Biafra
    David Byrne
    Michael Gerald

• I think Xy was expressing his distaste (in jest) at the infection of this group with TWDLE's rather embarrassing case of 'Top 5's.

That said:

1. Spencer Krug
    2. Efrim Hanuck
    3. Tunde Adebimpe
    4. Satomi Matsusaki
    5. Thomas Allen

• Tom179 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 29. Apr. 2007, 22:07
    Mark E. Smith
    Yasuko Onuki
    David Thomas
    Ol' Dirty Bastard
    Lydia Lunch

• Hythlodaeus said:
    I think Xy was expressing his distaste (in jest) at the infection of this group with TWDLE's rather embarrassing case of 'Top 5's.

Hythlo always reads my cryptic mind.
    But yeah, I defintiely wasn't serious. I love you Richard!

1. Jeff Mangum (Neutral Milk Hotel)- Off key screech
    2. Colin Meloy (The Decemberists)- Nasal yell
    3. Zach Condon (Beirut)- Unintelligible wail
    4. Alec Ounsworth (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah)- Unintelligible nasal whirr
    5. Jason Molina (Songs: Ohia, etc.)- Off key moan

Edit: I decided Jason Molina was more more of a moan than a monotone.

Bearbeitet von Xylemicarious am 1. Mai. 2007, 15:11
  • 1. Spencer Krug
    2. Jeff Mangum
    3. Colin Meloy
    4. Joanna Newsom (My mother hates her. I love her to death.)
    5. Nicholas Thorburn

This could be the all inclusive and complete proof of my inherent lack of motivation.
    • funkyfest schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Apr. 2007, 2:36
    heliocentricme said:
    4. Joanna Newsom (My mother hates her. I love her to death.)

I was listening to her and my mom came in and asked why I was listening to a cat being tortured. No joke.

• funkyfest said:
    I was listening to her and my mom came in and asked why I was listening to a cat being tortured. No joke.

I saw her live before she was famous and asked myself that.
    She's grown on me slightly, but I still don't see what the fuss is about.

• funkyfest schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Apr. 2007, 2:53
    Xylemicarious said:
    funkyfest said:

I saw her live before she was famous and asked myself that.
    She's grown on me slightly, but I still don't see what the fuss is about.

I mean she's not bad, I don't have Ys but the few songs I've heard were nice. But I get the creeps imagining a person making that noise.

• My mother had the same reaction. She was all "Is that a person singing? That's not a person singing. Is she dying?"

Ys is fantastic. Anyone who hasn't heard it should hear it. I actually couldn't tell you why I like her so much, though. I guess I just like how she rambles and ambles along.

This could be the all inclusive and complete proof of my inherent lack of motivation.
  • Ys beats The Milk-Eyed Mender with a stick and rapes it. Still, her voice is almost too weird, even for me.

• This is what obscuresound.com had to say about the "weird" vocals of the Ill Lillies "Enjoying Riley’s vocals will most likely end up becoming a love-it-or-hate-it affair for most people, with his high-pitched presentation stretching out catchy melodies that demonstrates direct passion. Personally, I find the vocals to be fantastic, being somewhat of an odd cross between Danielson, Finn Andrews, and even Jeff Buckley". So go check out ill lillies, because their vocals are both weird and awesome.

• I've frogotten the name of the singer from LCD soundsystem who sounds like hes got a cold, but it jsut works

also Matt Bellamy, Yasuko O, Morrisey, Henry Dartnall and of course Paul Smith (geordie accent FTW!)

• Joanna Newsom's voice isn't weird, it's just bad.

• jimmy-jimmy said:
    Joanna Newsom's voice isn't weird, it's just bad.

This is a lie. You probably couldn't sing as well as she does pitch-wise.

• Benutzer
    • 3. Mai. 2007, 3:00
    If I made a list of the prettiest voices, Joanna would be on it. Same with Thom Yorke. Seriously! They'd be right there by (but below) Billie Holiday and the like.

• Well, I wouldn't say her voice is pretty. Or abd. Nowadays, I don't mind it, but it doesn't do too much for me. But that doesn't mean much, I could still end up liking her voice. It's happened before.
    As far as pretty voices go, I'm gonna say Yuki Chikudate of Asobi Seksu and Shara Worden of My Brightest Diamond. Loads of others too, but those are the ones I've been listening to lately that really strike me as being beautiful (but not really weird, just good).

• Xylemicarious said:
    Well, I wouldn't say her voice is pretty. Or abd. Nowadays, I don't mind it, but it doesn't do too much for me. But that doesn't mean much, I could still end up liking her voice. It's happened before.
    As far as pretty voices go, I'm gonna say Yuki Chikudate of Asobi Seksu and Shara Worden of My Brightest Diamond. Loads of others too, but those are the ones I've been listening to lately that really strike me as being beautiful (but not really weird, just good).

Quoted for truth. Shara Worden's voice is nothing short of stunning - her classical training really shows through in her range and depth, yet the varied tone, at times almost growling, is far from operatic. I'd also add Feist to that list - you'd be hard pressed not to have heard any of The Reminder recently, and I'm sure those of you who have will agree with the sentiment.

• Benutzer
    • 5. Mai. 2007, 19:34
    The best pretty female voice I've been listening to a lot lately is that of Laetitia Sadier of Stereolab. She's lovely, and her voice is a perfect complement to the music backing her up.

But this group isn't about pretty voices, now is it?

• No, but I think everyone seems to equate pretty voices with female and that is just wrong. Torquil Campbell (of Stars) has the prettiest voice on Earth. As well as one of the best names on Earth.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.