• maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Jan. 2010, 16:31

Bug reports

If you have any post them here so I can get them in reply tracker, if its a feature request please use the other thread.

• Tecfan schrieb...
    • Event Moderator
    • 20. Apr. 2010, 14:11
    It just doesn't work.

I always add lots of tags to artists, and I usually double check real fast to check if all tags are there after I use the mass tagger, and normally I feel something is wrong.

Today I bothered to check it.

I used the free artist tag, with artist "Perfect Crime". Here is my tag list:

europe, european, scandinavian, scandinavia, nordic, norwegian, norway, european glam rock, scandinavian glam rock, nordic glam rock, norwegian glam rock, european retro-rock, scandinavian retro-rock, nordic retro-rock, norwegian retro-rock, european retro rock, scandinavian retro rock, nordic retro rock, norwegian retro rock

Some of these tags were applied, some not. was for example not applied.

If you're into /, you might enjoy my (free) tracks: Tecfan
    • maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Apr. 2010, 23:16
    Interesting, I admit I didn't ever test it with that many tags at once but trying exactly what you did produces the same problem, I'll investigate further.

• Tecfan schrieb...
    • Event Moderator
    • 21. Apr. 2010, 9:59
    it normally works with the web page, probably the Last.fm client as well, though I never double-checked...

• maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Apr. 2010, 12:49
    Ok I know what it is. As it says here:
    http://www.last.fm/api/show?service=304

There is a limit to 10 tags at once when using the API, I should probably make that clear in the app in the future.

• rwitte schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Apr. 2010, 23:33
    I was looking at my 'recommended to ...' tags sorted by name last week. Last Sunday 'recommended to westmick' was AWOL from the list. On monday it was back but 'recommended to louisaspits' was absent. In both cases I could find them by searching for them, they just weren't in the list of tags in my library.

• maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Mai. 2010, 14:36
    rwitte, are these tags relatively newly made or have they existed for a while, I know there's sometimes a caching issue that doesn't show new tags in the list imeddiately, or is this something different?

Edit: nevermind I've just checked the tags and that's not the issue, will have a look at it.

• onkel-joz schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Okt. 2010, 10:39

Error: Could not find the main class

Double-clicking the jar-file, i get an error "Could not find the main class (then the full path and name of the jar) Program will exit."
    Environment:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, german
    JAVA 6 Standard Edition Aktualisierung 21 (Build 1.6.0_21-b06) (32 bit)

• Re: Error: Could not find the main class

onkel-joz said:
    Double-clicking the jar-file, i get an error "Could not find the main class (then the full path and name of the jar) Program will exit."
    Environment:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, german
    JAVA 6 Standard Edition Aktualisierung 21 (Build 1.6.0_21-b06) (32 bit)

This is the problem I am having too. On Windows XP Pro

• maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Okt. 2010, 22:34
    hmm not sure what to suggest for that error. Do you get the same error if you try an earlier version?

• maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Nov. 2010, 19:03
    For windows users getting that error could you make sure you have the latest java version installed and if you have also check Control Panel > Java > Java Tab > View and make sure its just a current version of java(1.6) enabled in there. And tell me if that still doesnt solve it.

• I'm testing the latest version at the moment and tried to search for all Top Tracks from the drop-down options of the Artist field with e.g. ZZ Top in order to love them all at once. But the search result only lists the first 50 top tracks, so there is no next page which I could call to show the next 50 tracks, although the button in the lower right corner seems to suggest I should be able to do so. There are more than 50 ZZ Top tracks available on Last.fm, so that is not the reason either. Or maybe you should simply call this option "Top 50 Tracks" if this was the intended behaviour.

But if I search for the artist name in the Track field, it will list all available ZZ Top tracks in the Last.fm database. And I can access them by clicking on the "Next page" arrow in the lower right corner then.

By the way, do I also have to select them in order to love them all, i.e. either with the mouse or using Shift with Page Up/Down keys on every search result page? And what does the "Allow Multiple Select" switch do then, because I can already pick some of the found tracks with the mouse and Ctrl key or mark them all independent from that option? Oh I see, that switch substitutes pressing the Ctrl key together with mouse, right?

Just found another possible bug with calling the next page of search results: when searching for albums containing the search term "mahler 1" I get a correct first page with 20 albums sorted according to their play ranks from #1-20, then I click on "Next page" and get the next 20 albums, but with play ranks from #51-70. So it looks as if the search has left out 30 albums #21-50 which may only be a wrong display of the play ranks. Page 3 will show me albums #101-120 and so on. If this is just a display bug, then I would rather prefer the information if the album is streamable on Last.fm instead of the shown play ranks.

Also when installing/using it the first time, all "OK" buttons were greyed out, so I wondered what I had done wrong. After a restart everything seems to work fine so far (being on Windows 2000 with the latest Java version).

• Tecfan schrieb...
    • Event Moderator
    • 11. Jan. 2011, 19:47
    The program crashed after pressing the button you press after authing. In the end a message in Windows said that Java had stopped responding.

• Java update

http://www.java.com/en/download/inc/windows_upgrade_xpi.jsp
    I downloaded and it told me I had it already, but reinstalled just to be safe.
    Still not working.

• maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Jan. 2011, 19:24
    Not used the app myself for a little while(since before the last java update) and the Web services are borked right now so I'll have to wait until I investigate some of these things. The top tracks thing sounds like a web service bug where they only returned the first page.

• maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 28. Jan. 2011, 21:18
    hjbardenhagen said:
    I'm testing the latest version at the moment and tried to search for all Top Tracks from the drop-down options of the Artist field with e.g. ZZ Top in order to love them all at once. But the search result only lists the first 50 top tracks, so there is no next page which I could call to show the next 50 tracks, although the button in the lower right corner seems to suggest I should be able to do so. There are more than 50 ZZ Top tracks available on Last.fm, so that is not the reason either. Or maybe you should simply call this option "Top 50 Tracks" if this was the intended behaviour.

But if I search for the artist name in the Track field, it will list all available ZZ Top tracks in the Last.fm database. And I can access them by clicking on the "Next page" arrow in the lower right corner then.

Ok this is a quirk of the API, the artist.getTopTracks method only returns the top 50 while searching for any tracks using an artist name will return anything with that term in it be that track or artist name. In your search example, if another artist has a track called "ZZ Top" that would also appear in that search. Maybe that needs renaming.

In the first case the next page buttons are greyed out when only 1 page is available is that happening for you?.

By the way, do I also have to select them in order to love them all, i.e. either with the mouse or using Shift with Page Up/Down keys on every search result page? And what does the "Allow Multiple Select" switch do then, because I can already pick some of the found tracks with the mouse and Ctrl key or mark them all independent from that option? Oh I see, that switch substitutes pressing the Ctrl key together with mouse, right?

Yes you have to select everything you want to love . And your correct "Allow multiple select" just toggles the Ctrl behaviour.

Just found another possible bug with calling the next page of search results: when searching for albums containing the search term "mahler 1" I get a correct first page with 20 albums sorted according to their play ranks from #1-20, then I click on "Next page" and get the next 20 albums, but with play ranks from #51-70. So it looks as if the search has left out 30 albums #21-50 which may only be a wrong display of the play ranks. Page 3 will show me albums #101-120 and so on. If this is just a display bug, then I would rather prefer the information if the album is streamable on Last.fm instead of the shown play ranks.

Inspecting what the API returns and what the app displays confirms that its a display bug, no results are being missed. I mainly use a rank entry as a way of sorting the table back to its original order in the absence of any play counts to do the same job.

As for streamable status, I could possibly add that in future, I dont know if the API returns that for everything though but I'll have a look.

Also when installing/using it the first time, all "OK" buttons were greyed out, so I wondered what I had done wrong. After a restart everything seems to work fine so far (being on Windows 2000 with the latest Java version).

I've seen this pop up myself occasionally, and a restart always fixes. I'll try and fix the problem before any future release.

• maz35 sagte:
    In the first case the next page buttons are greyed out when only 1 page is available is that happening for you?
    Yes, it's greyed out, so I was irritated why I could not call the next page. If you rename the dropdown option to "Top 50 tracks" (or the API will be fixed sometime), it should be clear that there is only one page with 50 tracks.

Yes you have to select everything you want to love . And your correct "Allow multiple select" just toggles the Ctrl behaviour.OK, in the meantime I also found out that right-clicking any track in the search results also shows an option to select all tracks on a search result page at once. But I still would have to repeat this on each search result page after loving the tracks, right? The selection disappears if I look at the next or the last result page.

By the way, it would be great if we could select only the tracks we want to unlove/unban from the result page as well (additionally to the new "unlove/unban everything at once" feature), but that is rather a feature request, not a bug report. ;)

As for streamable status, I could possibly add that in future, I dont know if the API returns that for everything though but I'll have a look.I think so, because doing a normal search for albums with the site search also gives you a play button on the cover of a found album if it is (or should be) fully or partially streamable. If the Last.fm API and/or site search also showed this button indicating streamable tracks when searching for artists, it would even make more sense. When creating a new tag radio or updating an existing one, I always look for streamable albums, so this feature would be very handy for me using the Mass Tagger.

I've seen this pop up myself occasionally, and a restart always fixes. I'll try and fix the problem before any future release.Or simply mention on the screen when starting the app for the first time that it is necessary to restart it, or maybe even force a restart.

• Empty results for top tracks

I have seen that for several artists I get empty results for the top tracks search. Currently I cannot search for top tracks for Belanova, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Eddy Grant, Equatronic and several others. I never have any issues searching for top albums

• Tecfan schrieb...
    • Event Moderator
    • 14. Feb. 2011, 8:08
    Tecfan said:
    The program crashed after pressing the button you press after authing. In the end a message in Windows said that Java had stopped responding.

Happened today as well, but I let it run and it magically started working again after a minute or so (without exiting the program).

• maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Feb. 2011, 19:39
    I think some changes to the API have broken some searches at some point, I'll look to fixing those before anything else.

• maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Feb. 2011, 2:30
    hjbardenhagen said:

As for streamable status, I could possibly add that in future, I dont know if the API returns that for everything though but I'll have a look.I think so, because doing a normal search for albums with the site search also gives you a play button on the cover of a found album if it is (or should be) fully or partially streamable. If the Last.fm API and/or site search also showed this button indicating streamable tracks when searching for artists, it would even make more sense. When creating a new tag radio or updating an existing one, I always look for streamable albums, so this feature would be very handy for me using the Mass Tagger.

Sadly I've found this is not the case now, particularly with albums. Some API methods simply don't return such info. e.g library.getalbums has no streamable status:

http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=library.getalbums&api_key=b25b959554ed76058ac220b7b2e0a026&user=joanofarctan

Most track methods return it but albums ones don't tend to. Some do work though so I still plan to include this info where available.

• Tecfan schrieb...
    • Event Moderator
    • 21. Feb. 2011, 10:53
    I've noticed this too. Search is buggy.

• maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Feb. 2011, 20:53
    All searches should work again with the new version out now, let me know if I've missed any in testing. I've also added streamable status indicators but last.fm's reporting of this in the API(and on the site itself actually) could be better.

• maz35 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Feb. 2011, 20:58
    Oh and Tecfan, I can't reproduce your crash on the auth button at all, you should only have to do that once anyway though.

• Tecfan schrieb...
    • Event Moderator
    • 25. Feb. 2011, 7:54
    are you in w7 64-bit?

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.