Historical autocorrections

• mwalimu schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 15. Jul. 2011, 15:12

Historical autocorrections

I once asked the question, if some of my scrobbles are being incorrectly autocorrected, and the autocorrection is later fixed, will those past scrobbles be refactored and handled correctly. The reply I think I received was that the raw scrobbles are retained unchanged, and that yes, any prior scrobbles that may have previously been incorrectly autocorrected will be retroactively handled per any later corrections or changes to the autocorrection process.

I'm aware of at least one instance in my music listening history where this cannot be true. For a time, the group Afro Celt Sound System was being autocorrected to The Afro Celts (both names are plausible; the group changed their name to the latter for one album and later decided to change it back). I have several of their albums in my library. Now I am quite certain that with the possible exception of the one album that had been released under the name "The Afro Celts", I have never had any of their material tagged as anything other than "Afro Celt Sound System".

What I'm seeing in my listening history now is that a couple dozen of my scrobbles, presumably those which took place while the autocorrection was in place, are still being shown as by "The Afro Celts". Most of these are from two albums that I am certain have always been tagged and scrobbled as "Afro Celt Sound System". In other words, it appears that the autocorrected version of the scrobble is what's been retained in my listening history, and the original raw, uncorrected scrobble is lost.

What's the story here? Was there a period when raw scrobbles were being autocorrected? Is it being done that way now?

mwalimu
    • Bloopy schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 22. Nov. 2011, 3:47
    You could still get a problem if your music is tagged with MusicBrainz IDs.

There's no evidence to back up your claim at the moment though! - http://www.last.fm/user/mwalimu/library/music/The%20Afro%20Celts

• mwalimu schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Nov. 2011, 18:12
    I'm pretty sure I checked under both artist names at the time I made the original post above and what I found was as described, but as you point out, it now appears to have been fixed.

mwalimu
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.