Holiday songs

• dan000 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Nov. 2008, 21:45

Holiday songs

When listening to Christmas songs on Pandora, "(Holiday)" is appended to the end of the artist name. This ends up getting sent to last.fm.

Would it be possible to strip "(Holiday)" from the end before it's submitted so that it gets attributed to the proper artist?

• Very good question, I was wondering the same.

• dan000 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Nov. 2008, 19:40
    I really want my music submitted properly, so I guess I just cant use PandoraFM while listening to Christmas music for as long as this remains unfixed. Thats sad.

• josta59 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Dez. 2008, 18:11
    You know you can just click on the artist name and modify it, right? It's annoying for the holiday stations because you have to do it for every track, but it can be done.

• dan000 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Dez. 2008, 16:47
    josta59 said:
    You know you can just click on the artist name and modify it, right? It's annoying for the holiday stations because you have to do it for every track, but it can be done.

No, I didn't know that. That's not a very well-advertised feature, but very nice.

It's still not a reasonable way to do this, though, as I would have to keep switching back to my PandoraFM window every four minutes. I wouldn't get a lot of work done if I did that.

• josta59 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Dez. 2008, 17:27
    I know! I've started doing that anyway, though, because I hear so much more music when I use the Zzz feature after every track. It's worth it to me; otherwise I'll hear the same songs every week. But yeah, I usually play holiday stations in the evening when I'm with my wife, and walking over to the computer every four minutes is really not acceptable. :)

• dan000 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Dez. 2008, 16:52
    Editing the artist name doesn't seem to work for me. If I edit the artist name, it never gets submitted. Even if I click the "submit edited track" button. That's sad. Maybe it's a WebKit problem. I'll try it in a Gecko browser later and see if it works.

• dan000 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Dez. 2008, 17:05
    dan000 said:
    I'll try it in a Gecko browser later and see if it works.

Nope. Doesn't work in Firefox, either.

• dan000 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Dez. 2008, 17:07
    dan000 said:
    Editing the artist name doesn't seem to work for me.

I guess I should have checked that it was working normally first. It's not, so maybe the editing thing does work, scrobbling just isn't working now. Oh well.

• josta59 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Dez. 2008, 18:31
    LOL, yeah. It hasn't worked for well over a week now. I'm beginning to wonder if it ever will again. Gabe has gone incommunicado. He hasn't written in his blog since then, either, though he did respond to my e-mail just under a week ago. He said he'd look into it, but I haven't heard a thing since.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.