specific music taste of this group's members = ? (updating weekly)

• specific music taste of this group's members = ? (updating weekly)

Hello,

below are automatically updating images, changing weekly!
    example: "8x Jill Scott" means:
    Jill Scott appeared at 8 weeks in "Weekly Top Artists - unique to a group"
    (8x nr.1) means that she was 8 times number1 position

See other designs + more explanation here
    (also section: "What can you do with it?").

Feedback is appreciated,
    Erkan

Member of the Musicology group. I appreciate feedback to my 6 albums.

• It's an interesting tool. But there are some limitations.

The aspects that are easiest to understand don't differ much from Last FM's chart system. What artists, which have been labelled neo soul, are in rotation the most? Your tool provides that info. Just like Last FM.

What Last FM and your tool do not provide is a mechanism for recommending new music to users. Based on your plays, what other music you might be interested in - much like the actual streaming media player does.

The problem with tools such as your own is that they can "cement" current behavior. In other words they discourage exploration of new music - which is the actual purpose of Last FM. Find new music in the genres you like, or try entirely new genres. Your tools just track what's currently being listened to and can distort group direction by focusing on artists that have the highest rotations - primarily because they have the highest presence on commercial radio and tv video programs. In that way, they kill discovery, not enhance it.

Now you have an individual music recommender. But it only works for single persons. Not for entire groups. It requires manual input, signing up etc. Not very user friendly.

Last thing - the graphics. They are a little 80s looking.

Your character is defined by what you do when you think no one is looking.
  • Thank you very much for the time to give additional ideas
    (just a short feedback so you get a fast answer, I'll bookmark it for later review)

The graphic is what it is: a simple chart
    I agree graphics can be made better
    (it's a FREE tool and for now it's good enough, until I find more time :-()

As you have found out, I offer other tools in group: 6 degrees
    which do what you want (recommend new music)

it's worth to sign up (I don't force anyone to use them though):
    there are currently >1800 people using it regularly

It's an interesting tool. But there are some limitations.

The aspects that are easiest to understand don't differ much from Last FM's chart system. What artists, which have been labelled neo soul, are in rotation the most? Your tool provides that info. Just like Last FM.

What Last FM and your tool do not provide is a mechanism for recommending new music to users. Based on your plays, what other music you might be interested in - much like the actual streaming media player does.

The problem with tools such as your own is that they can "cement" current behavior. In other words they discourage exploration of new music - which is the actual purpose of Last FM. Find new music in the genres you like, or try entirely new genres. Your tools just track what's currently being listened to and can distort group direction by focusing on artists that have the highest rotations - primarily because they have the highest presence on commercial radio and tv video programs. In that way, they kill discovery, not enhance it.

Now you have an individual music recommender. But it only works for single persons. Not for entire groups. It requires manual input, signing up etc. Not very user friendly.

Last thing - the graphics. They are a little 80s looking.

Member of the Musicology group. I appreciate feedback to my 6 albums.

• Esco Williams

Dreamin'

can we get this artist some backing?

• icecube75 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Jun. 2012, 10:53
    -JILL SCOTT
    -aaliyah
    -musiq soulchild
    -floetry
    -mary j blige
    -angie stone
    -raphael saadiq
    -anthony hamilton

50 cent 90s aftermath alternative alternative hip-hop alternative rap alternative rock atlanta b1gga baltimore bay area bloodraw brazilian brick squad cali chicago cloud rap columbus compton dc dipset dirty south east coast east coast rap electronic elle varner experimental female vocalists fly society fucking swag g-funk g-unit gangsta rap good music grime gucci mane hard rock hardcore rap harlem hip hop latino hip-hop hip-hop dominicano hipster rap horrorcore houston industrial industrial metal industrial rock instrumental hip-hop jaheim kevin cossom king of pop long beach los angeles louisiana rap loverance memphis memphis rap metal miami mindless behavior mississippi mmg neo-soul new jack swing new york nu metal ofwgkta ohio philly philly rap pittsburgh portland punk rock rap rap nacional rapcore reggaeton rnb rock shady slow jams southern hip hop southern rap staten island strange music swag teairra marie underground hip-hop underground rap west coast west coast rap west coast underground yo
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Jun. 2013, 9:09
    I got this rock thing retrospective, which my favorites always was nirvana, pj harvey, sonic youth, mudhoney, the beatles, R.E.M. and stuff. My new favorite in this soul-thing is for sure first of all AMEL LARRIEUX. Stuff I like anyway is ALICIA KEYS, AMY WINEHOUSE, DUFFY, JOSS STONE, CORINNE BAILEY RAE, JILL SCOTT, ERYKAH BADU, INDIA.ARIE (...) AALIYAH seems to be pretty cool. Like this female stuff... Amy brought me here.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Jun. 2013, 11:53
    (...)

• cocoared schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Nov. 2013, 21:16

New Soul Goodie

Soul Goodie from the VickiSun Rufkut Remixes EP, we hope you enjoy - BLESSUP :-)

Love N U VickiSun Rufkut Remix

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.