Accessing last.fm behind proxy

• Accessing last.fm behind proxy

I downloaded and experimented with this app over the weekend, and loved it. This morning I tried to run it and when I attempt to login it complained about having no network connection. Unfortunately, where I work has a proxy server in place, however I've configured my ipod touch with the correct settings and I can browse the internet through safari quite happily. I can also access last.fm from my work pc, through firefox and the proxy server, without issues, so I know the proxy server isn't blocking anything.

Are there any known issues with using this application through a proxy server?

• c99koder schrieb...
    • Alumni
    • 5. Aug. 2008, 2:56
    I'll look into this. Thanks for the feedback.

• c99koder schrieb...
    • Alumni
    • 5. Aug. 2008, 15:17
    I've tested the iPhone client through a squid 3 proxy and it works fine. Are you able to use the desktop client through your work proxy?

• Thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded the client and that worked fine. It asked me for the proxy settings when I first logged in, which it accepted and I'm now listening to it as I reply to this. It's a secure proxy if that makes any difference with your test.

• Quessir schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Dez. 2008, 13:29
    Hi, all. I have the same issue on ipod touch 2nd gen. Serfing online via safari (configured squid proxy settings in wi-fi http proxy). but couldn't login to last.fm. It says no internet connection.

• I've got right the same trouble. Proxy is 3proxy. Everything else works fine through it, and desktop client too.

• deanvlue schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Apr. 2009, 22:30
    Same problem here. The work proxy uses atuthentication, safari works fine. But last.fm app displays "No Network Connection"

• lupocos schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Aug. 2009, 13:54

3proxy on the iPhone and last.fm app

@mefleetwood @c99koder

I cannot manage to setup 3proxy in order to make it work with Last.fm app on the iPhone.
    I know the address of a working US proxy, and I got to set up the desktop app to work with it. However, when I setup this proxy via the default iPhone proxy settings Last.fm app does log in but when I try to play a radio station it says that there is "no connection". Safari.app on the iPhone works correctly with the proxy.
    Now I downloaded 3proxy via Cydia but I cannot find the setup instructions to make it connect to the remote proxy server. Would you point me at them?
    thanks
    Cosimo

• darytas schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Jun. 2010, 19:28

still buggy

hey guys,

i just tested that nearly 1 year after this bug was reported.
    unfortunately, it still exists. whats the problem? :(

• canada877 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Jun. 2011, 16:08

RE

It's not that it doesn't work behind a proxy per se, it's that many of the work related ones in particular have pretty tight firewalls. If you try just using a public proxy server it will work fine. That means it's got to be the configuration of the work related one.

• jylppy schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Feb. 2012, 2:00

The same problem with Last.fm web site

I have the same problem with last.fm web site. It works fine with direct connection, but I get only banner if I try via proxy. The proxy should be open to everywhere and Last.fm is the only site I am having proxy problems with.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Mai. 2012, 18:26

help

i dont get it! how do i use proxy or what do i do to keep listening to music on last.fm for free? i have no clue what is proxy, hot to use it or why please help? i don't want to pay ugh

• Bearbeitet von Lastfmsupport am 1. Jul. 2014, 11:21
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.