the great drug debate!

• Mfmezz schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Jun. 2007, 0:37

the great drug debate!

I find it funny on songmeanings.net that many people get angry over some people's allegations of Isaac doing drugs and then back it up by quoting an interview where Isaac said the only drugs he's ever written songs on is pills...

Althought this may be true, it is clear from his lyrics that he was definitely affected at some point in his life by hallucigenics.

Anyone who has ever done hallucigenics, psilocybin specifically can definitely understand this fact and where he gets some of his awesome lyrics from..clearly either he can perceive things that ordinary senses or intelligence are not able to comprehend or has definitely done something else hah

ex:

"so much beauty in dirt"

"God is a woman and the woman is, an animal that animals man and
    that's you
    Was there a need for creation? That was hidin in a math equation
    and that's this.
    WHERE DO CIRCLES BEGIN?"

"The universe works on a math equation
    that never even ever really ends in the end
    Infinity spirals out creation
    We're on the tip of its tongue, and it is saying
    We aint sure where you stand
    You aint machines and you aint land
    And the plants and the animals, they are linked
    And the plants and the animals eat each other"

am I crazy or no? If he is getting this insight by himself, all I have to say is wow.

• NoahBrown schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Jun. 2007, 23:30
    Isaac was certainly hooked on meth at some point.

• ya speed freak

• fjak420 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Sep. 2007, 1:18
    isaac has done tons of drugs, though he doesn't anymore

• i think in truckers atlas he talks about doing lines..either meth or coke idk

• Entropy21 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Nov. 2007, 3:56

asdf

Ive heard him talk about "trukers speed" before. But ya. Im under the impression he was a big speed head.

• MikeyGDuv schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Dez. 2007, 7:09

kek

Yeah, I think he has done some drugs for sure. I for one have tried some hallucinogens and feel like some of his lyrics would have been though up in a similar state.

See? Im smart as hell.
    • eniac_g schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Dez. 2007, 10:22

nihilist answer

It doesn't matter A Thing if he has used or uses drugs.You can speculate all you want about it, you'll never find an exit.

Oh hell, not even when sober!
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Dez. 2007, 0:20

no

you don't have to take drugs to write such things, some people have uniqe aibility to say in words what we all are feeling about some things from a very deep inside of ourselves. isaac has got that one, it amazes me

• funny story, some one from my little town (richland washington) went to a modest mouse show (moon and antartica era) in spokane and that night in a big hotel party was asked by Isaac Brock to join him in doing a line of coke.

He turned the offer down

• what the hell? why would he turn that down?
    but i think either way drugs or not isaac brock is an amazing guy. when he was on drugs he made alot more crazy music but off drugs he still made alot of really good music. but i think he has gotten alot softer after quiting too which is kinda upsetting but it doesnt matter much at all.

IF I KNEW WHAT THIS MEANT I WOULD FILL IT OUT BETTER.
  • BlairBatson said:
    what the hell? why would he turn that down?
    but i think either way drugs or not isaac brock is an amazing guy. when he was on drugs he made alot more crazy music but off drugs he still made alot of really good music. but i think he has gotten alot softer after quiting too which is kinda upsetting but it doesnt matter much at all.

it's unfortunate that it ends that way, and by that i mean artists getting sober and their work being watered down. it's almost as if one person has to near kill themselves for the enjoyment of their fans. i think we owe issac a big hug for struggling hardships while making ear candy for us.

• Kopassu schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Jan. 2008, 19:52

Re: the great drug debate!

Mfmezz said:
    I find it funny on songmeanings.net that many people get angry over some people's allegations of Isaac doing drugs and then back it up by quoting an interview where Isaac said the only drugs he's ever written songs on is pills...

Althought this may be true, it is clear from his lyrics that he was definitely affected at some point in his life by hallucigenics.

Anyone who has ever done hallucigenics, psilocybin specifically can definitely understand this fact and where he gets some of his awesome lyrics from..clearly either he can perceive things that ordinary senses or intelligence are not able to comprehend or has definitely done something else hah

ex:

"so much beauty in dirt"

"God is a woman and the woman is, an animal that animals man and
    that's you
    Was there a need for creation? That was hidin in a math equation
    and that's this.
    WHERE DO CIRCLES BEGIN?"

"The universe works on a math equation
    that never even ever really ends in the end
    Infinity spirals out creation
    We're on the tip of its tongue, and it is saying
    We aint sure where you stand
    You aint machines and you aint land
    And the plants and the animals, they are linked
    And the plants and the animals eat each other"

am I crazy or no? If he is getting this insight by himself, all I have to say is wow.

well, a lot of those ideas HAVE been around for a while, all since the beginning of the 20th century for sure, some since probably the says of Plato or Socrates. I know that whole "Where do Circles begin" question has been around since the first ying yang. I read that question in a book about the universe when i was a little kid.

Not to say Issac isnt a genius or that he never thought of something on his own. He's definitely done drugs, definitely.

Trails Like Bike Races
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Mär. 2008, 17:16

His life

Issacs life has been fucked up enough i can see why he maybe did drugs but to write lyrics such as he has you dont have to be stoned to write them the man may just have a nac for writting lyrcs form his life experence which is wht i fermly beleive

• Kopassu schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Apr. 2008, 15:12
    Yeah, I think Ohio is a perfect example of a song with very clever, very insightful, very original lyrics that is about an experience taken from Issac's life and he dealt with it (probably) by writing a song. His genius lies not just in being able to relate the experience but to make it so artful whoever is listening to it can't HELP but glean personal meaning.

Trails Like Bike Races
  • i agree that there are many allusions to drug use in Isaac Brock's lyrics, but honestly, what good musician hasn't experimented with drugs?

• I hope he stays off drugs

Not that i care that he does od did but i want him alive for a llong time and make alot more music

• TKerger06 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Jun. 2008, 7:11

Not to proud of it

i was on acid driving home from a drug fest it was 6 am i was sure i was going to crash and die. i put in the Moon and Antarctica it made a hell of a lot of sense in that state and the album got me home safely

• kereru20 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Jul. 2008, 13:59
    im sure he has done alot of drugs but honestly, who the fuck cares? ,
    going through hard times, feeling down and being a bit fucked up can certainly help with the creative process, and drugs will certainly help you get to a very low point,
    but i dont think its drugs themselves or being high that makes a great artist or inspires great lyrics.

• elddaPgoD schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 31. Jul. 2008, 18:59
    yay for drugs

• I don't think he's completely done with drugs, but the hard ones at least. When I saw them play recently, Brock brought out a huge leaf tree resembling a marijuana plant. I don't really consider pot so much a drug, but he's not going Jonas Brothers on us. Here's a picture from that show if anyones interested. http://www.modestmouse.com/photoblog/2008/07/11/panama-brock/

• Jimmert schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Sep. 2008, 13:47
    he openly talks about it in interviews - he's done plenty of drugs. I believe he doesn't do the harder stuff anymore.

• who gives a fuck if he does drugs? doesn't make him any cooler/less cool. it's a pointless discussion imo. drugs are great. period. the end.

yeah
    • Jimmert schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Dez. 2008, 20:29
    I dunno. it probably influenced him alot as a writer and as a musician. and since this is the isaac brock group, we give a fuck.

• Benutzer
    • 10. Dez. 2008, 23:35

Drugs Suck

Discuss.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.