Has anyone herd of Byard Lancaster ?

• Has anyone herd of Byard Lancaster ?

Hey , has any one herd of the Saxophonist Byard Lancaster ? He was a sidemen for Drummer Sunny Murray on an album on ESP-DISK ( I haven't herd it yet but I know its some pretty wild stuff ). He also made some fine recordings of his own in France around the early ' 70's where he first utilized his " A Love Supreme meets the Sex Machine" idea . His album Funny Funky Rib Crib is just that funk and danceable but is still pretty avant garde. Does any body know of any other albums by him ?

[IMG]

• jazzfann schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Jan. 2012, 15:28

Sure

Byard Lancaster recorded several albums under his own name and was a sideman on many other fine recordings.

short list:

Byard Lancaster - Documentation - The End of a Decade (1979)
    Byard Lancaster - Philadelphia Spirit in New York (2001)
    Byard Lancaster - Worlds (1993)
    Byard Lancaster and Clint Jackson III - Mother Africa (1974)
    Byard Lancaster Trio - Byard Lancaster Trio (Soultrane 1999)

Free Your Mind With Free Jazz

• kmullin schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Feb. 2013, 5:11
    also It's Not Up To Us, which i was just listening to. This album has some early Sonny Sharrock on it.

• I'm also a fan of an album simply called "Us" recorded in France in 1973. It's actually an LP and a 7" single on a little label called Palm Records (same label as Mother Earth. It's a trio recording with Sylvain Marc on Fender bass and Steve Mccallon drums.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.