why Foobar?

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Jun. 2009, 15:56

why Foobar?

Why do you enjoy Foobar2000 so much? For me i guess it's the low CPU usage, great simplicity, good library managing and 0 unnecessary garbage, like in other players. What about you?

• Joffi222 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Jun. 2009, 20:55
    It handles my 1TB+ NAS library without slowdowns or issues. I haven't found another that handles it at all.

• Bloopy schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 25. Jun. 2009, 0:14
    The program starts up quickly, it doesn't cause games to lag, the interface is simple and easy to use, it's great for editing ID3 tags (including whole albums at once), it's easy to set up global keyboard shortcuts, it's easy to set the Converter preferences and rip CDs to mp3, and the ReplayGain feature is great for when I need all songs to play at a similar volume at work.

Plus, if there's something it can't do, someone's probably made a plugin for it.

• mainly simplicity and support for tons of audio formats
    Plus, if there's something it can't do, someone's probably made a plugin for it.[2]

• Benutzer
    • 26. Jun. 2009, 5:03
    better than winamp, simple

• Benutzer
    • 26. Jun. 2009, 19:10
    It tastes like chicken.

• mattcalf schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Jul. 2009, 12:24
    wasapi support among many other already mentioned reasons.

• sun1009 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Jul. 2009, 13:49
    simple and easy for lazy people like me
    less is more

• fag_hag schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Jul. 2009, 20:51

[spam]

[spam]

Bearbeitet von hjbardenhagen am 26. Dez. 2010, 16:55
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Jul. 2009, 1:09
    I use it because winamp is crap nowadays, because of habit and ease of use :)

• Foobar is the fastest music player I've found. Furthermore it has no bugs! That's why I use it =)

http://www.lastfm.de/group/Sony+Ericsson

'One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.'
    -Bob Marley-
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Jul. 2009, 9:21
    coz its customizable and simple :)

• Vants1 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Jul. 2009, 10:41
    Better than that crap WMP player...

• ptititi schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Jul. 2009, 10:50
    yep! low CPU usage & big library easy managment... + the native shuffle album play mode

• mason092 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Jul. 2009, 5:24
    It's simple and it does everything I need a media player to do, while keeping a tiny memory footprint. I use VLC for video so I don't need it to play video.

• biotronx schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Jul. 2009, 23:44
    recently I use foobar for just discogs tagging,I turned back to quintessential media player and I think that if people spent 1/10 time for skinning,developing plugin for quintessential instead of they spent for foobar,quintessential would be 100 time better than foobar,its still better than foobar to me,of course there are things that quintessential cant handle that foobar handles with plugins but its because quintessential is abonded and foobar is just popular...

proclaiming this in foobar forum may sound weird but no offense...

• TheMannen schrieb...
    • 11. Jul. 2009, 13:44
    In short, it's extremely practical.

The most pointless war in history needs to be stopped. So join and stuff.
    • benek1029 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Jul. 2009, 22:07
    like most of you, foobar is simple. i just want to listen music, visualisations and such a things are not necessary for me.

• I used to swear by Winamp for several years, but it got too bloated for its own good so I tried out several different players and only 1 did EVERYTHING PERFECTLY.

Modular, doesn't install unnecessary crap.
    Doesn't eat a lot of resources, is quick and responsive.
    Easy to customise everything from layout to hotkeys.
    Scrobbles music to last.fm without running an external program.
    Rips CDs, converts audio from whichever format to whichever format.
    Easy to manage tags, get tags online, mass tag.

Gotta love foobar! =)

• sdamico schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Jul. 2009, 15:15
    simple and great sound quality

• Low CPU usage --> better when listening music while playing, easy-to-manage library (files, tags, you name it), audio convert + all other smaller (more or less) useful gadgets

Beats winamp with lower CPU usage, and like some1 already mentioned, VLC Player does videos better than winamp/WMP

• Bloopy schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 31. Jul. 2009, 0:51
    Another thing I like about foobar is that if an mp3 has an error in it, foobar will move to the next track and pop up an error window to let you know. Winamp used to just play the same files through, and probably tried to correct the error rather than telling me about it.

• Benutzer
    • 31. Jul. 2009, 5:58
    The main reason why I'm using Foobar is low CPU usage. I have a shitty computer so that's a pretty big reason why not to use WMP etc. And it's easy to correct music tags (I am a very organized person, I must have my music organized :D) and the customizable interface is also plus :)

• Can run basically any audio format, low CPU usage, edit ID3 Tags

• plotsligt schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Aug. 2009, 20:01
    because

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.