Music while playing?

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Okt. 2005, 1:15

Music while playing?

I am curious as to whether you like to listen to music while playing a game?

I do that quite often, although not always. It depends on my mood at the time. I often find it helps me to relax and enjoy the game more.

• Music while playing

Like you, Cilia, often but not always. Were there just me to please I'd have music playing all the time, playing chess or not but I have other people's considerations to think of and the PC is in the lounge!

• jacofin schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Nov. 2005, 10:58

It depends...

Sometimes I just start my iTunes in 'shuffle' -mode music and play some blitz or bullet. For longer games I feel classical music (Mozart piano concertos for example) keeps me nicely focused.

• Yes & No

Sure I listen to music while playing, when I am in the mood.

But when I'm playing a serious game, a tourney game for example, I turn it off and focus on the chessboard.

Let's put our heads together and start a new country up.

- Cuyahoga, by R.E.M
    • Shady11 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Jul. 2006, 9:07
    I do play music at unofficial games only. Never during tournaments except maybe one. On the 18th of July, I was listening to music, but never lost a match.

• no-genius schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Sep. 2006, 11:13
    did you win any though? ;)

If i'm playing blitz chess online i tend to listen to music - and if i was just playing in my room i might. Generally i dont listen when im at chess club - cos i guess its a bit rude? maybe?

• sp0623 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Sep. 2006, 21:41
    Although at times I play music, but that's only for non-serious games. Generally, I prefer silence.

I live in my music. You can always find me there!
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2006, 12:48
    Well, the most partners don't like to play with music or they just accept classic music or something else that is not to heavy. But while playing chess online I'm always listening to music, especially to some Metal. That's no problem for me.

• a_krupnik schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Jan. 2007, 20:31
    Ah I listen to music only if I am playing online with a really dumb guy who doesnt want to give up lol (there are a lot of them on yahoo chess) ... like I have a queen and he has nothing and still he makes me finish the job...

But in most cases I dont, it distracts me, my attention is pretty bad even without it... though I can listen to some ambient stuff, like autechre, it's ok.

• radiata schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Jun. 2007, 14:34
    i dont see how it is dumb not giving up, sometimes you get a stalemate right?

• weissheit schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Sep. 2007, 4:11
    I believe that when you play chess, you must be concentrated, but a song like... one way or another for example... gives me more power!

• Benutzer
    • 6. Jan. 2008, 15:03
    i only play chess for fun, so i don't worry about concentrating too, too hard. i'll listen to music while i play. it calms me down, and then i have more fun playing.

• Benutzer
    • 14. Sep. 2008, 4:41
    Pretty much all the time...and it can be anything.

• Jazz

While playing chess I love to listen to Jazz, especially John Coltrane or Wes Montgomery. The silence can sometimes be deafening.

Shred
  • Ambient, Jazz, Prog metal metal, Fusion or something

• When I play blitz or bullet I prefer to listen to melodic death metal or technical death. This kind of music makes my mind faster.

• budice40 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Jan. 2013, 14:00

As long as it's music

trip hop, acid jazz, rock, oldies I don't care. If there isn't music playing I talk shit to whoever i'm playing or sing a song that's stuck in my head (i don't play in tournaments).

• @budice40 Oldies are nice, but they can really be slow.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.