The first albums you bought?

• bierchen schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Jun. 2006, 23:03

The first albums you bought?

Hey folks!

Do you remember the first albums you bought? How old where you then? CD or vinyl?

I'm quite sure my first album was Haddaway - The album, on CD. Must have been around 1993. My father insisted on buying the CD from me, because he liked 'What is love?', too. So I didn't own it for long. *g*

Some of the next albums must have been Edelweiss - Wonderful world of Edelweiss (very, erm, 'freaky'^^) and Snap! - The Madman's return.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Jun. 2006, 1:28
    I bought two albums when I bought my first, and I was 9 or 10 back then. Both albums were on vinyl, since we didn't have a CD player (didn't get one of those until I was 15 or so). ^^ One was Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, and the other was The Raw And The Cooked.

I re-bought the FYC one on CD a few years back, but haven't re-bought the Robin Hood LP.

• The first was Dangerous - Michael Jackson, in 1991 I was and huge Jacko fan.

• I'm not sure, but amongst the first albums I ever bought there were tapes like Dr. Alban - One Love,
    MTV Hits, Sandra - Greatest Hits, and Technotronic.

• kotsa200 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Jul. 2006, 0:45
    My first album was a vinyl and it was "Straight Up" From Paula Abdul. I was in love with her.. until...

"Was it Putin? Voldemort Putin? Of Russia?" Andy Dwyer, 2014.
  • The first albums I ever bought with my own money were through BMG. My first batch included Weezer's blue album, Green Day Dookie and the Forest Gump Soundtrack. Can't remember what else I got . . . but I think I sold a few of them.

• the soundtrack to cocktail on cassette because i didn't get a CD player till high school and didn't have a record player in my room. it was in 1989 i think.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Aug. 2006, 23:48
    The first cassettes I ever bought, there were 3:

Paula Abdul (I'm sorry I don't remember the exact album, it had a brown-tone photo of her on the cover)
    Aerosmith - Get a Grip
    Nirvana - In Utero (I fell in LOVE with this album and wore this cassette, and the copy I made of it, out)

• andreabe schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Aug. 2006, 17:08
    had a lot of cassettes which I´m not really proud of, but then I bought my first 3 albums (in vynil)

Money for Nothing - Dire Straits
    Back to The Future Soundtrack
    Piece of Mind - Iron Maiden

• bierchen schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Aug. 2006, 19:37
    Oh yeah, cassettes! Somehow I forgot that they even exist. :B

I've never bought an artist's album on cassette, just the tapes to record on from radio.

• Hmhaha the good ol' tapes...
    My first album on tape was "Guns'N'Roses"... the Use Your Illusions.
    The first CD must've been "Crowded House" - but I'm not sure.

Well, if you want me, then I guess I want you...
    • kwortman schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Aug. 2006, 2:19
    The first tape bought for me was Kylie Minogue, the one with the locomotion on it! I must have been in early elementary school and had no idea who she was. Later on I got Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl and Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation 1814 on tape with my first "boom box"... Christmas 1990.

• kwortman schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Aug. 2006, 2:21
    Oh shit, all that and I didn't even say what the first album I BOUGHT was. I think it was Nirvana - Nevermind.

• having an older sister we shared a lot of music...
    but of what i distinctly remember as being mine:

dire straits - money for nothing
    ub40 - labour of love
    eurythmincs - sweet dreams are made of this
    elton john - breaking hearts
    billy joel - stromfront

• Korales schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Aug. 2006, 22:48
    Well the first album i bough i think it was the vinyl Monster - REM , or it was Nevermind - Nirvana, i can't be really sure

Echo Beach
    Perception defines reality
    • bigish schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Aug. 2006, 14:07
    Vinyl - Michael Jackson aged 8. Still got it, but no record player! :-)

CD - Reef's "place your hands" single - awesome track. only bought it about 3 months after we actually got a CD player.

No one wants advice - only corroboration.
  • cassettes!
    Cappella - U Got 2 Know
    Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell II: Back Into Hell
    Enigma - The Screen Behind the Mirror

• Fandy schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 28. Aug. 2006, 1:32
    Mansun's 'Closed For Business' EP, limited Japanese version.

(and before that I really had no clue about music charts and didn't even know what 'EP' means)

Don't Think 'Cos You Can't See Me That I'm Not Watching

• Hmm. I guess it was the Dirty Dancing soundtrack on a cassette. I feel abashed about that ;-)

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.
  • My first album was was michael jackson - dangerous, I think. Anyway the album with Heal the world on it. Awesome track :-)

• The longer I think about it, the more I wanna share

I first bought a the maxi-single "Three little pigs" from Green Jelly (awesome video). The B-side contained a sleaz rock 'n roll song called "Obey the cowgod".

Long before this "treasure" I taped a lot from the radio. Among others these following bands and songs were the ones I listened to:

- Billy Joel - We didn't start the fire
    - Rick Astley - Never gonna give you up
    - Technotronic - Pump up the Jam
    - Delasoul - Me myself and I
    - Paul King - Love and pride
    - Salt & Pepa - Push it
    - Nenah Cherry - Buffalo stance

Aahhh... I'm getting all melancholic about it.
    However, the first tunes I listened to came from my fathers recordplayer and a closet full of 70's vinyl!!

Nowadays I mostly listen to new-school Rock 'n roll (Eagles of deathmetal, the Datsuns, the D4, Nashville pussy, Nine pound hammer, the Casanovas etc.) And an energetic mix of Emo and Metal (Dillinger escape plan. Fall of Troy, At the driv-in, Hundred reasons)

Besides that i'm a massive "Mars Volta" fan. I think they have the best of all worlds. The best fusion of rock-punk-jazz-ambient-latin-metal there is.

• ChrissyM schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 31. Aug. 2006, 6:00

Kylie - Kylie

I bought it with my pocket money which I saved up. 50p per week for 10 weeks. It was on tape... ahh. back in the day...1988

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" ~ C.S. Lewis
    • montoya schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Sep. 2006, 4:24

This is embarrassing...

I can't remember the date('90 or '91), but it was Steve Jones' Fire and Gasoline. Bought it as a CD from the local Dollar store.

• saroful schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Sep. 2006, 21:02
    the first cassettes i bought were all bought at a flea market on the same day:

prince - purple rain
    michael jackson - thriller
    rolling stones - aftermath

the first cds i bought were:

kws - please don't go (i really don't like confessing this)
    u2 - achtung baby (i usually just tell people this one)

• AudioGarf schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 11. Sep. 2006, 20:19

First tracks!

My first vinyl single was the Benny B's "Mais vous étes fou!".
    Belgium Hip-hop actually, with the instrumental B-Side!

I still knows the song by heart...

Vincent Lagaff : "Bo le lavabo"
    A french comic (i was thinking) <-|

I was 12 or 13 years old...

The first CD's I bought in 1995 were a Janis Joplin 3 CD's pack.

-Cheap Thrills
    -Kozmik Blue

I've just realised that I don't still have ripped those.

Then, I stole before a "Synthétiseur" compilation with soundtracks played on synths!

Il y a deux sortes de musique : La bonne, et la mauvaise...
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.