what did you think of the first time you heard the name death cab for cutie?

• what did you think of the first time you heard the name death cab for cutie?

what was your reaction the first time you ever heard the name death cab for cutie?

i pictured a bunch of depressed gothic types kidnapping any cute people saw and throwing them in the back of a herse.

i was quite wrong.

• ondrayyuh schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Mär. 2007, 0:44
    to be honest, i was more like what the fuck. hah. &now they're definately one of my favorite bands.

• kevin02 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Mär. 2007, 7:48
    @lassaucepan : thats exactly the same i thought the first time.
    It was the first indie-band i was listening to and someone introduced me to them..and i thought "mh..sounds like some metal stuff..apparently i wouldn't like it"..well..the first song i heard was soul meets body and i actualy didn't like it the first time..but at least i noticed, that its not metal xD..well then i listened to "i will follow you into the dark", "a lack of color" and stuff..and after some time i also loved soul meets body =)

• To be honest, I never thought about it when I first started listening to them about three or four years ago.

But when I did sit down and ponder it, I invisioned a funeral scene for a beautiful young woman.

• Damone_ schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Mai. 2007, 20:42
    I thought it was weird but I liked it; its original so kudos Death cab !!

• Damone_ schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    I thought it was weird but I liked it; its original so kudos Death cab !!

• Damone_ schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    oops

• loveindie schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Okt. 2007, 15:16
    I actually thought is was some kind of metal-band. I couldn't have been more wrong

• SmackleR schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Nov. 2007, 7:52
    I thought what the hell does that even mean? Then I pictured a yellow cab, with a girl named "Cutie" going somewhere, her death probably... haha, wow.

• I didn't really understand the concept either, I did think that they would be more of a depressed type band, until I found out, that it was named after a song about the real Paul McCartney being dead.

• Hah, I thought it was some kinda Russian post-punk band:P

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Dez. 2007, 19:18
    I read the name the first time while seeing a screenshot of"I will follow you into the dark",showing a picture of Ben.On the photo Ben looked (remember,I didn't know them!!!) a little bit like the typical loser to me.So I thought this was some hardcore metal band and that they would do some thing really really mean with this guy.But then I started to watch-and since then I'm charmed.

• rnerhcp schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Jan. 2008, 22:55
    I thought of some crappy emo band

THIS BODY HOLDING ME REMINDS ME OF MY OWN MORTALITY
    • Benutzer
    • 31. Mär. 2008, 5:23
    I can't really remember, but I'm sure I thought of either a metal band or some emo band. I seriously mocked them months before I ever heard a song. I was an idiot.

• jesp3r schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Apr. 2008, 19:36
    I thought of some post-punk, screamo band. I was wrong.

• I thought of a girl, a 'cutie', being kidnapped in a taxi and taken off to die.

• i thought it was going to be awful post-hardcore screamo crap, how wrong i was.

• said:
    I can't really remember, but I'm sure I thought of either a metal band or some emo band. I seriously mocked them months before I ever heard a song. I was an idiot.

...exactly

• MaWiio schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Jun. 2008, 13:22
    I totally agree with lassaucepan and jesp3r. :D The "Death" in the name made my day. xD

Will it be us or the sky that falls?
  • i thought it'd be some crazy ass shit. when someone told me to listen, the first thing i said was: "this better not be that death metal shit or sound like job for a cowboy."

their reaction, i'm pretty sure, was laughing and saying something along the lines of "no, definitely not."

• The first time I heard of Death Cab, I really didn't know what to think. I certainly didn't think that they would touch my heart so fiercely. Death Cab music is the soundtrack to my very existence, all things sad and beautiful.

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind".
  • I thought they were chill, but not as great as I think of them now.

• Benutzer
    • 28. Feb. 2009, 0:46
    Before I found out that it was a derivative of Ben Gibbard, I had no intentions of listening to Death Cab, because I assumed it was some pop-ish screamo group.

And why should we never assume, friends?

• Benutzer
    • 5. Mär. 2009, 3:37
    the first time i ever heard them my friend james interviewed chris for his zine, and i was like interesting name this was 2003 and i had never heard them as the records weren't really available that much in Australia, but then they were offered a tour with something for kate and also did a instore where they played to under 100 in my former home town Brisbane, i shortly after fell in love with them from the opening strum of steadier footing which i think they opened that show with, and picked up the photo album the following pay day as i was broke at the instore and nick put me on the door for the paying show and still does to this day everytime they tour, they are just the perfect band such nice guys and show no signs of ego. Ben leaves it all up to the peformance which is why he doesn't like to socialiaze with fans that much and adds more to the enigma or mr gibbard.

• I thought they'd be kind of pop-punk.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.