Forum » Last.fm Client Support

iPod scrobbling problem (iTunes plug-in 3.0.4)

• josefec schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Nov. 2010, 12:43

iPod scrobbling problem (iTunes plug-in 3.0.4)

Hi there, a lot to this topic has been said in the thread below “Last.fm not scrobbling iTunes 10.1.0.54 [FIXED]” but I think it would be better to post this as a new problem or bug or whatever.

The thing is that after the latest update of iTunes plug-in (3.0.4) the iPod scrobbling needs a lot of time to prepare itself every time iTunes is started. It pops up the message “Preparing for iPod scrobbling, please don’t exit iTunes or sync your iPod” and after finishing its preparation it goes “Last.fm is now ready for iPod scrobbling”. This is something new introduced with the 3.0.4 plug-in. I had never encountered that before.

The problem is that the majority of people, I think, is using automatic syncing which means that when they connect their device to computer, it syncs automatically or even starts iTunes automatically and syncs immediately. This is a problem because of the aforementioned procedure of iPod scrobbling preparation, which is run when iTunes has been started. The result is that the device connected is synced by iTunes before the procedure is finished and not all played tracks are scrobbled properly. If there were only few tracks played on the device rather none of them is scrobbled because the syncing is done really quickly while the “iPod scrobbling preparation” takes a lot of time.

The question is: Have Last.fm staff recognised that this problem exists and are you working on fixing this?

Thanks for reply. :)

• yomammary schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Nov. 2010, 13:35
    Yeah I think that's it.

• Also having the same issue here.
    Although I'm not sure mine is even working properly, because I could swear I just saw it go “Last.fm is now ready for iPod scrobbling” , so I plugged my iPod in, and yet it doesn't scrobble...
    Going to check a few other topics for fixes.

• Ljrules95 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Nov. 2010, 21:37
    A problem I have, is that I go into diagnostics, and it comes up with the same scrobbles from weeks ago, and won't go awhile. I don't get why this is happening.
    And yeah, mine usually doesn't scrobble unless I go into diagnostics.

• HammerDod schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Nov. 2010, 1:12
    Yup. I have the same problem.

• lMacal schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Nov. 2010, 2:53

like O, like H
    Bearbeitet von lMacal am 21. Nov. 2010, 15:39
  • how do you get the older version?

• XRayLexx schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Nov. 2010, 8:03
    Yep. Me too. Most annoying. Missed a couple of days worth of scrobbles last night because of this.

• Yes, I'm getting this too. Would appreciate word when this can be fixed.

• JNHNDRK schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Nov. 2010, 18:55
    I think I have the same problem. My iTunes scrobbles, but my iPod doesn't. Via diagnostics it also doesn't scrobble...

Edited by JNHNDRK on 14 Aug 2481, 18:32
    • Yasshyio schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Nov. 2010, 19:50
    1 more, the same problem as the author's.
    Can we get the previous version of iTunes plugin BACK??
    Dont know why it's even called an 'update' while I see no progress, but only some difficulties with it. -_-

• HMSTerror schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Nov. 2010, 20:13
    Same problem - see other thread about this very same issue. Nobody's responded there from last.fm either. Stunner.

• Chellovek schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2010, 0:18
    thanks, josefec. now i can scrobble again. i just have to open the itunes, wait until last.fm is ready to scrobble and then synch the ipod. then it works.

hope this will be fixed soon...

• mattack schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2010, 1:06
    I'm having the same problem. I have my iPod set up to open iTunes when I plug it in (it's just easier that way). But since the plugin update, I have to wait until the iPod is ready to scrobble EVER SINGLE TIME i run iTunes. So if I start iTunes by plugging in my iPod, songs I listened to on the iPod don't scrobble.

Totally annoying, in a "wow, I'm luck that this is my biggest problem right now" sorta way.

Just goes to show you. NEVER UPDATE ANYTHING THAT'S WORKING. Ever.

• mattack schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2010, 1:10
    I should add... Windows VIsta Ultimate
    iTunes 9.0.2.25
    Last.FM 1.5.4.27091
    iTunes Plugin 3.0.4.0

• mattack schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2010, 2:15
    I tried clearing the user associations and re-setting up my iPod to scrobble. No go, it still wants me to wait to ready the iPod to scrobble.

• HammerDod schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2010, 3:08
    Still don't get it. No clue what's happening.

EDIT: Actually I do. But it's pretty frustrating. The old version was way better.

• same problem. sad face.

• Just noticed the problem this morning, but in my case the plugin reported that 53 items had changed (which was correct) since the last scobble and then seems to consolidate the play counts against three tracks rather than the played tracks.

This needs to be fixed!

• borsukh schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2010, 9:06
    :/ Same thing here!

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2010, 9:27
    Thanks to a Ghost file I rolled back my Windows, so I have now the previous version of iTunes and Lastfm's client and it works fine. Now i'll wait until everyhting got fixed ;)

By the way it's weird that staff team doesn' yet say someting about thjs...

• borsukh schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2010, 10:48
    mattack said:

So true... ;/

• rph9thera schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2010, 11:52
    pretty annoying, I've just lost several several hundred scrobbles because of this

any word from the Last.FM staff? even an acknowledgment would be nice

• borsukh said:
    mattack said:

So true... ;/

You could always clear your last.FM data and then force the client to re-scobble. I'll probably do this once the client has been fully fixed

• This sucks. Has anyone tried tracking down and installing an old version?

I wonder if the lastfm installer always downloads the most recent Itunes plugin...

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.