Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Scrobbler works but profile's showing nothing

• maxwell-- schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 29. Mär. 2010, 12:21

Scrobbler works but profile's showing nothing

I deleted my old profile 2 days ago and yesterday i made a new one. I imported my listening history and it did the job but nothing appeared on my profile page. Every time i opened the scobbler it was asking if i want to impoer my listening history and every time nothing happened. I tried to listen single tracks too and scrobbler scrobbled them but profile page was still empty. I read that Read First: Locked Problems Scrobbling? READ THIS. to the end and checked everything but still nothing. -.- can you please tell me what's going on here...

• Did you use the same username? Try uninstalling the scrobbler, and reinstalling. There maybe a problem whereby the old scrobbler is still linked to your old, deleted account somehow.

• i'm having a similar program. whenever i go to to dianostics>ipod scrobbling>scrobble ipod it lists all the songs ive listened to but the plays dont appear on my profile

.ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı.
  • I solved the probleb by making a new account. But thanks to Knapster for the reply :)

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Apr. 2010, 15:45

Doesn´t scrobbling to my last.fm profile

• same problem...

• i'm having a similar program. whenever i go to to dianostics>ipod scrobbling>scrobble ipod it lists all the songs ive listened to but the plays dont appear on my profile

i have the same problem. the scrobbler says my ipod plays have been updated, but they never show up on my profile. it only started doing this recently, as in a few weeks ago.

dooble dee doo
  • I'm having the same problem, since the 4th of april i've been listening to a lot of music but it doesn't show up on my profile page, even though all the songs have been scrobbled and they are listed in the history of the scrobbler.

• I am having the same issue, any scrobble captured by my Last.fm scrobbler for Mac app is not registering on my profile. Both music I play on my iPod and in iTunes.

The Last.fm scrobbler appears to be working as normal, it just isn't registering on my account.

Thanks!

• Same problem.

All my scrobbles for last night and today were scrobbling with the application, but did not and still have not shown up on my profile.

• Skezz schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Apr. 2010, 15:12
    TheKeenGuy said:
    Same problem.

All my scrobbles for last night and today were scrobbling with the application, but did not and still have not shown up on my profile.

Snap

• Skezz schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Apr. 2010, 15:30

Fixed

Not sure why it happened but I have it fixed.

Go to your scrobbler then follow this Help> Diagnostics > (make sure the tab open is Scrobbling) Reconnect = Sorted

• Benutzer
    • 13. Apr. 2010, 17:27
    i have 155 cached tracks that haven't appeared on my profile since February. The Last.fm options pop-up always appears when I open iTunes and I select Apply and Ok but still nothing appears on my profile. Same happens with Spotify; for some reason it can't connect with Last.fm anymore...

• Re: Fixed

Skezz said:
    Not sure why it happened but I have it fixed.

Go to your scrobbler then follow this Help> Diagnostics > (make sure the tab open is Scrobbling) Reconnect = Sorted

I´ve tried this but it doesn´t work... the screen says the last succesful connection is right now, but there are almost 300 cached tracks :S

• Step 1

For Windows XP: Firstly open any folder on your computer. From top menu select Tools=>Folder Options=>View. Select "Show Hidden Files and Folders", "Apply" and "OK".

For Windows Vista: Firstly open any folder on your computer. From top menu select Organize=>Folder and Search Options=>View. Select "Show Hidden Files and Folders", "Apply" and "OK".

I do not know how it looks for other operating systems.

Step 2

If you want to keep your listened tracks, you have to find a file with history playback. It is usually placed here:

1) For Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Local Settings\Application Data\Last.fm\Client.

2) For Windows Vista: C:\Users\AppData\Local\Last.fm\Client.

Once you enter into that folder, copy this file yourusername_submissions.xml and paste it elsewhere on your hard drive.

Step 3

For Windows XP: Uninstall Last.fm Scrobbler. Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\Your username\Local Settings\Application Data. Find Last.fm folder and delete it. Return to C:\Documents and Settings\Your username\Local Settings and delete folder "temp". After reboot your system. When the system loads, install Last.fm Scrobbler. Install plugin to your player and play a track.

For Windows Vista: Uninstall Last.fm Scrobbler. Then go to C:\Users\AppData\Local. Find Last.fm folder and delete it. Then go to C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp. Delete all files and folders from folder "Temp". After, reboot your system. When the system loads, install Last.fm Scrobbler. Install plugin to your player and play a track.

Step 4

After reinstallation of Last.fm Scrobbler, you should paste this file (yourusername_submissions.xml) in the same place (C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Local Settings\Application Data\Last.fm\Client or C:\Users\AppData\Local\Last.fm\Client).

I hope this will help you.

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
    • Benutzer
    • 15. Apr. 2010, 5:24
    I have the same problem, or at least with iPod plays.

I've done the equivalent of the above on my Mac. The problem is how to actually uninstall the scrobbler on a Mac. I even made invisible files visible using a console command, just to see if there is any last.fm files out there to be deleted. If I delete the program and all files in the user/library/application support/last.fm directory, and launch it again from a fresh copy, it already has all of my account info in it. If I reinsert the xml file mentioned above it has my chache (some 3600 plays) but they never get to last.fm.

It usually says "submitting 50 scrobbles…" in the client at all times, but as I said none of them ever show up in my profile.

• Benutzer
    • 19. Apr. 2010, 14:44
    thanks, this actually worked for me!

Ziomek2000 said:
    Step 1

For Windows XP: Firstly open any folder on your computer. From top menu select Tools=>Folder Options=>View. Select "Show Hidden Files and Folders", "Apply" and "OK".

For Windows Vista: Firstly open any folder on your computer. From top menu select Organize=>Folder and Search Options=>View. Select "Show Hidden Files and Folders", "Apply" and "OK".

I do not know how it looks for other operating systems.

Step 2

If you want to keep your listened tracks, you have to find a file with history playback. It is usually placed here:

1) For Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Local Settings\Application Data\Last.fm\Client.

2) For Windows Vista: C:\Users\AppData\Local\Last.fm\Client.

Once you enter into that folder, copy this file yourusername_submissions.xml and paste it elsewhere on your hard drive.

Step 3

For Windows XP: Uninstall Last.fm Scrobbler. Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\Your username\Local Settings\Application Data. Find Last.fm folder and delete it. Return to C:\Documents and Settings\Your username\Local Settings and delete folder "temp". After reboot your system. When the system loads, install Last.fm Scrobbler. Install plugin to your player and play a track.

For Windows Vista: Uninstall Last.fm Scrobbler. Then go to C:\Users\AppData\Local. Find Last.fm folder and delete it. Then go to C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp. Delete all files and folders from folder "Temp". After, reboot your system. When the system loads, install Last.fm Scrobbler. Install plugin to your player and play a track.

Step 4

After reinstallation of Last.fm Scrobbler, you should paste this file (yourusername_submissions.xml) in the same place (C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Local Settings\Application Data\Last.fm\Client or C:\Users\AppData\Local\Last.fm\Client).

I hope this will help you.

• I just exited from the application tab on the bottom right of my screen, restarted, and now it works.

All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
    ~Frank Zappa
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.