Forum » Client Support

HELP--suddenly no iPod scrobble!

• Andy_- schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 29. Dez. 2008, 15:13
    Still not working with me as well. I'm running a 4th gen Nano with Windows XP. The iPod Scrobbling was always very random. Sometimes it worked instantly, sometimes not, sometimes the scrobbling had a week-long delay, and some tracks were double-scrobbled. Now I haven't got anything scrobbled from it in some weeks. I've tried clearing the device list, disabling and enabling iPod scrobbling, reinstalling the iTunes plugin, going to the diagnostics, nothing helps.

• I began to have the same problem today. My Ipod scrobbled just fine for months, but it suddenly stopped working. (I have an 80gb Classic, iTunes 7.7, and Windows Vista) It still scrobbles my iTunes plays just fine.

This is what worked for me.
    1. Click on the help tab (on the Last.FM scrobbler)
    2. Click on diagnostics
    3. Click on Ipod Scrobbling
    4. Manually Scrobble Ipod

♫Relient K is love♫

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Dez. 2008, 12:59

Re:I fixed it... (for now!)

MetatronX said:
    -Exit application
    -Plug in your iPod and sync with iTunes
    -Open application once sync is complete
    -Click Help> Diagnostics> Ipod Scrobbling> Scrobble iPod.

I hope this keeps up, I've got my iPod playing now and then I'm going to try again in 10 minutes/

I always did it like that, but since yesterday I keep getting the following error:

Re-Install of software didn't help.

Help? Anyone?

• loulou311 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Dez. 2008, 14:48
    aha its working again, good good

• Andy_- schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 31. Dez. 2008, 11:50
    Now I plugged in my iPod and got scrobbles for the stuff I listened to yesterday...still a lot of scrobbles are missing but hopefully it's working from now on.

• Benutzer
    • 31. Dez. 2008, 14:19
    Alright, problem got itself fixed.

• I'm using a 2nd generation iPod nano, iTunes, and the most recent version of on Windows Vista.

when i try to scrobble through help > diagnostics > iPod scrobbling > scrobble iPod

i get this error:
    FATAL ERROR: Failed to get hold of iTunes instance via COM

i have the scrobbler set to prompt me when it finds new scrobbles

• Andy_- schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Jan. 2009, 23:44
    Now I get again "no scrobbles were found on your iPod", but oh well, I guess there's really nothing to do about it.

• Tozrine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Jan. 2009, 0:57

Alright... I couldn't scrobble my iPod. I tried all sorts of combinations of settings in iTunes and, but finally just set them back to default. I re-consolidated my library. I tried to sync, and iTunes froze. I restored the factory settings to my iPod. I tried to sync, and it froze again. I now have two songs on my iPod, and iTunes crashes whenever I try to open it. Next thing you know, my OS will not work, and the internet will stop working for the Eastern Seaboard. AAAGH!

• Be sure to check this thread to see if this is your problem:

• lavandrix schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Mär. 2009, 23:22

SAME SHiz

damn them computers and their programs

• PxUnit schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Mär. 2009, 23:57
    I've always had a problem scrobbling my iPod to where sometimes it doesn't scrobble and sometimes it does. And I don't do the manual thing because it takes forever. But now it isn't scrobbling at all. :/

I also have that issue with multiple scrobbles (when its working) I get songs being scrobbled up to five times. Uhg, its a pain having to go through my library and deleting extra scrobbles.

• BrisJamin schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 17. Mär. 2009, 11:44

Not user friendly!

So, I spend a couple of years on here with everything working perfectly - I listen to songs on my manually managed iPod Classic 80gb, I connect it to my iTunes, scrobbles my tracks. Nearly 50,000 songs later and it's a great relationship and I'm hooked.

Then I download the latest version of iTunes (which I've done a few times before). I do NOTHING else. That's all.

I listen to a few songs on my iPod, reconnect as usual. And nothing. Not even like it's pretending to scrobble. When I force it to scrobble through Diagnostic > etc, it says "No scrobbles found".

I look around this site and see heaps of variations of the same theme. But do I find an answer? Nup. Not a thing. Do I find a way to get my voice heard outside of a stupid forum with thousands of other gripers? Nup.

Poor form Poor form, indeed. I've defended your bugginess and clunky platform for a number of years now, but I guess I see what the detractors were going on about now...

• BrisJamin schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 17. Mär. 2009, 21:39
    Mine scrobbled today - a total of 5 songs out of approximately 120 listen to in the past 48 hours.

So frustrating... even more frustrating is that the owners of the site/software don't seem to care and think it's ok for a "support" section to merely be a bunch of frustrated users telling each other what their problems are. I think it might be time for some of's advertisers to be informed of the shoddy site it has been associated with...

• PxUnit schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Mär. 2009, 5:05
    My iPod FINALLY decided to scrobble but I had SOOO many of those multiple scrobblings. ;-; I say I spent a good 15 minutes deleting extra tracks. Stuff like this makes me not even want to scrobble my iPod. I really hope comes up with a solution for this soon.

• Benutzer
    • 21. Mär. 2009, 14:37
    The only thing I've done recently is update iTunes; that's when the trouble started though. Its only scrobbled about one song each day I've plugged it in. Tried all the usual (short of downloading all over again), still to no avail. Frustrating due to the fact that I've listened to a lot within the time, and also that it doesn't appear to be getting addressed... at least from what the comments previous to mine are saying.

A fix? :/

• mrlarseirik said:
    It usually works for me when I start itunes first, let it run for half a minute or more(not to long) and then connect my ipod and give it 1-2 minute... If it hasn't worked, I past this in my browser:

change "username" to your user name

But sometimes it just doesn't work, so i hope they fix the problem soon...

Thanks very much :) Worked for me. Was a bit confused but it appears to just do it, no screen pops up, you just check your page and it's done :)

How I earn easy money by playing games and completing surveys:
    • Flusen schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Mär. 2009, 23:27

I've done some research on this. xD

So... I got an iPod nano 3rd gen (I guess ô.o) and it wouldn't scrobble. First it did then it suddenly stopped. I'm using WinXP and always the latest last-fm client, btw, and tried everything I could think of. I managed it manually, automatically, got all the stuff on my hard drive... On my laptop it was always random but on my new PC it didn't work a single time. It didn't even show as "recently listened to" in iTunes. ô.o

Last thing I tried, which finally worked, was closing Winamp, which I usually use when I want to listen to music on my PC (iTunes for my iPod only), BEFORE plugging in the iPod. So far it has always worked.
    Just stopping Winamp playback didn't work, though. I thought that maybe the current scrobbling and the iPod stuff would interfere, so I tried that one first.
    I don't know if this also works with any other players cause I don't use them, but it's definitely worth a try.
    Hope I could help? :)

• boozec schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Apr. 2009, 15:12

I'm going to kill myself

Damn thing won't scrobble. I even tried that touchcopy and it doesn't seem to be working either.

• Mine stopped with Last.FM client upgrade

My ipod was scrobbling perfectly but started to play up when the client updated to 1.5.4 and now it will scrobble but it only picks up around 2% of all tracks played. Boy is it annoying

Just done the registry association and it seems to have cured it !! :-)

• See, if you listen music from your ipod,
    1) then INSTEAD OF connecting it to your computer -namely your itunes, namely your player- if you begin to listen music directly from your computer;
    2) and after a while, if you decide to plug in your ipod and sync it with your itunes library; therefore to scrobble your previously listened music; IT WON'T.

Because reads the latter music that you have listened on your computer. It can be said that scrobbler assumes that the music you've listened from your ipod is expired and therefore is invalid.

This is the simplest form I can explain.
    The solution is:
    After you listen music from your ipod; before using itunes, foobar or wmp; first sync your ipod and let scrobble your tracks.

• I keep getting the no library found error, its a pain in the arse. I've tried reinstalling all the software, and doing the 'manually manage my ipod' option under diagnostics, all to no avail. Is is something to do with the latest itunes update then? I listen to music on my ipod more than my computer, its so annoying! Its not scrobbled a thing for a few weeks now

i think it was the re-installing the itunes plugin that did it.

• Bayou16 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Mai. 2009, 21:29
    saying ipod detected, not scrobbling tracks blablabla since months!!!!!! what happened to lastfm?

• Taykim256 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Mai. 2009, 18:13

Bearbeitet von Taykim256 am 18. Mai. 2009, 19:50
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.