Forum » Web Site Support

Artist A: Katch 22, Artist B: Katch 22. One apparently rap, the other, psychedelic;…

  • Artist A: Katch 22, Artist B: Katch 22. One apparently rap, the other, psychedelic; image uploading

    So, what is your opinion on something like this. Let's say there is a band who has a few listeners and then another band with the same name pops up and it also has just a few listeners. What image would you upload for this? Would you say upload both and make one the main image and the other a secondary image? Which would you choose to be the main one?

    I can see in a situation where Nirvana, Nirvana UK, etc. you would just use Nirvana (grunge) as the image because 99.9% of the people on this website are going to be listening to that artist over one of the other two Nirvanas that I can think of off the top of my head. This part doesn't bother me, but I still wonder about two artists that don't have a ton of listeners or where both artists have a similar number of listeners based on the song titles played.

    What is your opinion on this?

    • spacefish schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Jan. 2006, 17:53
    My opinion is that it doesn't matter until bands with the same name can be separated here on the site. No one is ever always going to make the distinction of one band over the other. Too bad they can't get the image rotation worked out (fixed) already.

  • [spam]


    Bearbeitet von hjbardenhagen am 30. Jul. 2011, 4:31
    • muz schrieb...
    • Alumni
    • 27. Jan. 2006, 21:06


    Quoth acertainromance:
    Use a split Image, put one band image at the top and another at the bottom

    Or not.

    Just do as has already been done with other artists, and upload two images - adding a proper comment to both rather than what I've seen before on some occasions, one for each band, and approve both yourself (seeing as you're an auto-moderator) and then set neither as "primary image" so that they should rotate.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.