Forum » Web Site Support

Undo scrobble, or delete large number of artists from library??? Help!

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Jul. 2009, 18:13

Undo scrobble, or delete large number of artists from library??? Help!

I just installed the lastfm client, and it scrobbled my entire iTunes library. Because I've ripped a large number of compilation CDs into my library, I have A LOT of artists in there that I don't really care about.

At this point in lastfm, I have 74 pages of artists, and pretty much everything after page 6 or 7 is junk. The process of deleting an artist is tedious, and I have to click the x, then OK the "are you sure" dialog, and then OK the confirmation dialog. It would take me hours to delete all these artists.

I really don't want them all junking up my library. Is there anything I can do other than deleting my entire account and starting from scratch? Help please.

Thanks
    Glenn

• DFA1979 schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 16. Jul. 2009, 18:21
    Sorry but no, you can only clear all data from your library (under the 'data' tab in 'settings'), or go through deleting artists one-by-one as you are now; there's no way of selectively mass-deleting artists.

Since your account's so new, I'd suggest using the first option and deleting everything, as you won't be losing out on much if you do it now. It does mean that the artists with large playcounts won't be represented at first, but if you listen to them so much they should fall into place relatively quickly anyway.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Jul. 2009, 21:10
    Thanks. A couple more questions: Is the Last FM application going to do this again without me asking it to? Is there a way to prevent this from happening again?

Also, is there anyway to export my artist list as a text file? If I could do that, I could export, massage the list by hand, wipe everything, then paste it back into the "add artists" box.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.