Forum » Web Site Support

Scrobbles disappearing from Overall track page

• Scrobbles disappearing from Overall track page

Hi!

I noticed that some of my scrobbles from my Overall track page are missing.
    My total play counter IS CORRECT (or the drop is so minimal I don't notice it), but on my Overall track page scrobbles are missing.

I noticed this because, out of curiosity, I tend to check my 500 tracks "cut off" quite often. Last time I checked it (about four days ago), the "cut off" was at 51 plays listened. The bottom most four tracks had 51 plays. Now, all of a sudden, when I checked the "cut off", it showed "cut off" at 50 plays, with one track at 50, and above it were nine tracks with 51 plays (including the four that had been the four bottom most tracks previously).

Is this a side effect of the power outage, sorting itself out eventually, or am I missing listened tracks/scrobbles, or has something gotten autocorrected?
    I most certainly have not deleted anything during the past four days that could cause this (I've deleted some random songs with only a few plays, but nothing with over 3 plays...)

EDIT: The "cut off" now shows two songs at 50, so the problem seems to be getting worse. I certainly hope this is something related to the outage, and that it will sort itself out eventually.

Close your eyes and dream.
    • ZJ345 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Jul. 2012, 0:31
    I'm having a similar problem I think.

I noticed one of my top tracks was reduced by a single scrobble.

Additionally, my library says it has 2 fewer artists than it did yesterday.

• snyde1 schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 13. Jul. 2012, 2:09
    This could be related to changes in track and artist merging.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • Licio123 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Jul. 2012, 4:28
    Same for me here. I used to have 2000 plays for Atreyu and now there are 1999, and some other artists have 2 or 3 more tracks than before. Also, some tracks split in the library (example: the track GOKU now has Goku with 10 plays and goku (lower caps) with 4 plays)

• Same for me. It just reverted my Notorious BIG plays back to before I auto-corrected his name.

• We have a problem with autocorrections not being applied in user libraries at the moment, this means your artist count will change, and scrobbles will be applied to the un-corrected artist.

We're working on getting this fixed.

• We've identified the problem, and are re-building the correction indexes. Everything should be back to normal within a few hours. :)

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Jul. 2012, 12:35
    I have a problem with my scrobbles as well. Tracks are being scrobbled and I can see them at 'Recently listened tracks' but the amount of plays by an artist is not getting updated in my library...

• Benutzer
    • 13. Jul. 2012, 12:36
    Probably same problem. I see the amount of artists has gone up as well, probably due to autocorrections. Nevermind.

• Um, yep, same problem here. I've had Belle and Sebastian separating out into Belle & Sebastian, 少年ナイフ separating into Shonen Knife, and The Dismemberment Plan separating into Dismemberment Plan.

It's a tad annoying. Hope it gets fixed soon!

• Now this is odd:
    It was fixed - for a while. Now it seems like it has started to break up again.
    Instead of four tracks at 51 plays, where it was only some 10-15 minutes ago, now the "cut off" is at six tracks at 51 plays.
    So heads up, it might have started again :/

But thank you for trying to fix this :)

Close your eyes and dream.
    • vans74 schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 13. Jul. 2012, 15:12
    Seems to be on the mend - This morning (UK time) I increased from 2027 artists to 2057 ish. It's back down to 2042 now, so heading in the right direction.

• Knapster01 said:
    We have a problem with autocorrections not being applied in user libraries at the moment, this means your artist count will change, and scrobbles will be applied to the un-corrected artist.

Will scrobbles during this time be corrected? I now have 22 plays at Maximo Park that would usually auto-correct. Will this fix itself?

• Sedma9 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Jul. 2012, 22:20
    What I've noticed is that it effeceted only those who scrobbled today. My friend hasn't and his total artist number is the same. Mine started with 4921 at 11:00, then dropped to 4840, then raised up to 4870. At 21:00 it was 4803. What will be tomorrow?

Beside that, I've also noticed that sum of plays by albums (for one artist) is not the total number of playing for the same artist. For instance, total play is 2348 but when I sum plays for every album I played, I get 2238.

• There are some tracks by an artist I listen to which had a correct tag and an incorrect tag merged, but not anymore. Is this also a problem?
    This doesn't personally effect me since I use the correct tag anyway, but it does bother me that it doesn't auto-correct for the people that use the wrong tag anymore.

For example, Defying Gravity (Glee Cast Version) used to correct to Defying Gravity, but not anymore. Or is this just that some users may have voted the wrong tag to be correct?

• I have lost around 500 scrobbles for Korn. And I noticed my Deftones number switched by 3. I am worried about my Korn plays. That is quite a lot.

• Benutzer
    • 14. Jul. 2012, 7:03
    KatyBlackwood said:
    Knapster01 said:
    We have a problem with autocorrections not being applied in user libraries at the moment, this means your artist count will change, and scrobbles will be applied to the un-corrected artist.

Will scrobbles during this time be corrected? I now have 22 plays at Maximo Park that would usually auto-correct. Will this fix itself?

My scrobbles for Maxïmo Park gone down again today, guessing auto correct not quite fixed yet then?

Bearbeitet von Knapster01 am 17. Jun. 2013, 12:16
    • vans74 schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 14. Jul. 2012, 7:06
    Still fluctuating - My artist total went down yesterday, but it went back up again today

• heres_mez said:
    KatyBlackwood said:
    Knapster01 said:

My scrobbles for Maxïmo Park gone down again today, guessing auto correct not quite fixed yet then?

It seems Maximo Park is still an autocorrect on-site to Maxïmo Park (as it should be), yet for whatever reason more and more tracks are moving to Maximo Park in my library. It was 22 yesterday and is now 225. So if anything this problem is getting worse, I hope it gets fixed.

Bearbeitet von Knapster01 am 17. Jun. 2013, 12:16
    • Cas86per schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Jul. 2012, 13:39
    I think I had a little over 3,820 artists in my Library before all this. About 12 hours ago it was 3,851 and now it's as high as 3,895.

• Hope this will be fixed soon, I hate to see some scrobbles in my library completely shredded

• gioprimus schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Jul. 2012, 21:02
    I got here right now, after noticing significant shifts in the "By Plays" ordering of my library.

I can't remember the previous numbers exactly, but until a few hours ago they were "the usual" ones. Now I'm noticing changes that are not huge, about 20 to 50 scrobbles missing in several places (and/or maybe added elsewhere? I can't tell), but OTOH Frank Zappa doesn't seem to be much affected even though I have most of his songs tagged internally as "Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention", which usually got autocorrected.
    It looks like some autocorrections work as before and some don't. What worries me is that I've noticed this issue now, when things are supposedly being fixed, and not after the initial recovery from the crash, when I could eventually start scrobbling again. At that time, and until a few hours ago, my library seemed entirely unaffected by the crash.

Is it possible that some actions meant to fix issues could actually damage libraries that had not been affected by the crash?

Thanks for your support!

• Benutzer
    • 15. Jul. 2012, 8:11
    My overall scrobble count has just dropped from over 39,000 to 7,129! Will this be corrected soon?

• kadalfi schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 15. Jul. 2012, 8:54
    I have this problem too, I lost about 250 plays from a band.

• Benutzer
    • 15. Jul. 2012, 9:57
    Mine is my overall play count, not individual bands, whose scrobble counts remain the same - in fact if you add up my scrobbles from my 'Top Artists' chart you'll see that just the top 9 add up to more than my current overall plays total. My subscription lapsed yesterday - sinister conspiracy methinks! ;-)

Does anyone know how to make the overall plays count tally correctly again?

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.