Forum » Web Site Support

Erased account

• Erased account

Hi everyone.

Yesterday I tried to login to my account on last.fm (another one, this is not mine) and found that I can`t access it. Moreover, I tried to access the page where it was ( http://www.last.fm/user/MyLast_Resort ) and, as you can see, got "User not found" message. Since username cannot be renamed I assume it has been deleted.

I wrote to techsupport, but they`re ignore me. There was no obvious reason to do it, so I need administrarion to answer, why it was deleted and if it can be restored.

• This account was deleted sometime yesterday. We can only restore accounts which have been deleted within the last 24 hours (even then it's not guaranteed to work), and in this case the undelete was not successful.

• But WHY it was deleted? I never did it by myself. No one could get an access to it. Why support didn`t answer me yesterday? 2-year history account was deleted and I want to know why. Dissapointed.

• In order to delete an account, you need to enter the account password. If you did not delete the account, someone with access to the email account associated with the Last.fm account (so they could reset the password), or they knew/guessed your password.

• Password was ùcZ2Àð­'Ä{h¯q£æ!ãÐÔ'q<Åh/ (I deleted some charachters). I doubt that someone could have guessed it =) even if someone knew it, I doubt anyone able to spell it. As for email, no messages was recieved from Last.fm.. and I even doubt that someone could have any kind of profit to delete my account at all. Now I see that Last.fm has no power (or will) to protect user`s accounts. It makes me sad.

• dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Mai. 2012, 10:30
    yeah blame this on them...when it is patently the fact that someone has your pass.

• I blame them because they can`t restore (!) it at the first place.

How the hell someone could get my pass when even I don`t know it? It`s like "hey, won`t you mind deleting my account so I can blame someone? Here`s the password: " ?

My aim is not to blame someone. I just want to warn people that if (in case of dankine) you have 141079 plays since 1 Dec 2004 one day you may found your accont deleted with no chance to undo this.

That`s make me upset. I think you understand.

Bearbeitet von Sing_that_song am 10. Mai. 2012, 10:58
    • dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Mai. 2012, 10:54
    why should they be able to restore something that has been deleted?

through your email?

• My e-mail also has strong password. And it is a Google Mail account, so it`s protected quite well. No one can access my PC. Also, it contains information about my more important accounts such as Webmoney and PayPal, that remain intact.

Why they should be able to restore? Maybe because they care about users? I think that`s how they get profit.

• As I mentioned previously, we can only undelete an account within 24 hours of deletion, and that's not guaranteed to work. That's why we have the password safeguard, and several Are you sure? messages including warnings that there is no way back from deleting your account.

What you can do is set up a new user account, and import your listening history from your chosen media player to at least retrieve some of your library.

Can I import all my previous plays from my media player when creating a new Last.fm profile?

Bearbeitet von Knapster01 am 10. Mai. 2012, 14:47
  • That's why was have the password safeguard, and several Are you sure? messages including warnings that there is no way back from deleting your account. I didn`t get it. Can you rephrase please?

• Babs_05 schrieb...
    • 10. Mai. 2012, 14:23
    It means that when you try to delete your account, it's not a simple one-click process, you are asked several times to confirm and you have to click ok for each one to proceed. In other words, an account cannot be deleted by accident.

• Ok, if it`s not clear.

I. did. not. delete. my. account.

I found it out when I tried to access it. So, basically, I thought that I `m banned or something. But there was no obvious reason for it, so I started this topic.

• dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Mai. 2012, 14:46
    you seriously think it is more likely that someone in the staff maliciously deleted your account, or that it just randomly was deleted by a site error, than someone getting your pass and doing it that way?

• You saw part of my pass. It`s quite obvious that someone could get it only if I gave it. I did not.

But mistakes made by Last.fm ( Web Site Support forum has amazing 45064 topics and counting) are regular.

Also, as I already told, there is no understandable reason to delete someone`s Last.fm account.

Bearbeitet von Sing_that_song am 10. Mai. 2012, 14:59
    • dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Mai. 2012, 14:56
    That's not the only way to get your pass.

Mistakes such as deleting people's accounts? No.

There are understandable reasons aplenty.

I am talking about what is more likely, and it is far more likely that someone deleted your account.

• That's not the only way to get your pass. Why don`t you tell me then?

That's not the only way to get your pass. Soooo? I`m excited.

I am talking about what is more likely, and it is far more likely that someone deleted your account. But there is no way to figure it out now. Unfortunately. But, as I said, it`s not important. It`d be important if I wanted to blame someone. No, I just want my account back.

But it`s impossible. And THAT is bad.

• dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Mai. 2012, 15:10
    Tell you other ways to get your pass? Trojan/keylogger, email "hacking", etc etc

Nicely ignoring everything else.

The thing that is bad is your security that most likely allowed this to happen in the first place.

• You just keep ignoring obvious things. Email was discussed before...
    Trojan that steals last.fm passwords and deleting users? A VERY useful one. But, that kind of thing would cause multiple users deleting.
    After I revealed my passport your words about my security is... funny .I`m protected well.

Also funny "keylogger" version. Do you really think I typed this password using any keys?)

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.